Is bad coaching or player injuries the bigger reason Jets are losing? Do you agree with Bob Wischusen?

jetstream23

What's the main reason the Jets are losing?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is bad coaching or player injuries the bigger reason that the Jets are losing?

• Coaching is the biggest problem
    • Injuries are the biggest problem

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Bob says it isn't about coaching, it's more about injuries.  What do you say?

IMG_8316.thumb.jpg.a897367e373c37eb67e8ebb01bb659f6.jpg

What the hell is this guys talking about...every drive sucked. No game plan.gase refused to run on 3 and 2. Doesn't design plays to get guy open and consistently gets a play going 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Nonexcuse. Just bad off coaching. Gase is trash

Next man up, injures are part of the NFL.

Do I expect them the Win, Hell No!!!!

Do I expect them to execute and look like a Pro team, damn right I do.

Have I seen any of the above nooooo.

I see free runners, I see interior pressure, l don’t see anyone chip the edge rushers, in short, I see a blocking scheme totally lost. That’s on the Coach.

I see no innovation, no roll outs, nothing to get the other team off rhythm. It makes Todd Bowles capitulation look good.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I almost never agree with Bob because he can be an insufferable homer, but there's nothing I can disagree with here.

This will be the fifth time I've asked this forum to give me the name of a coach that can work with the circumstances and roster blows that Gase has had to deal with, while also playing 2 of the 3 best defenses in the league and a 3rd defense that is, also, very good.  I haven't gotten a single name.

If we still look this bad against the softer part of our schedule, with Sam, Mosely, Quinnen, and DT healthy, then we can have a further discussion on where the team goes next at HC.  Until then, it's pointless because no one can succeed under these conditions.

I am deeply disappointed in this post!

I expect you to post irrational drivel like the rest of us from now on!  :)

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I almost never agree with Bob because he can be an insufferable homer, but there's nothing I can disagree with here.

This will be the fifth time I've asked this forum to give me the name of a coach that can work with the circumstances and roster blows that Gase has had to deal with, while also playing 2 of the 3 best defenses in the league and a 3rd defense that is, also, very good.  I haven't gotten a single name.

If we still look this bad against the softer part of our schedule, with Sam, Mosely, Quinnen, and DT healthy, then we can have a further discussion on where the team goes next at HC.  Until then, it's pointless because no one can succeed under these conditions.

Bill Belichick

6 hours ago, heymangold said:

But we’re still competitive with one of the best teams in football.  The jets aren’t competitive with teams like the bills.

Are you saying the Bills couldn't beat the Rams at home? I wouldn't bet on it. That Bills secondary is good & we saw the last time Goff faced at good secondary in the Super Bowl last year.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Having key players out is certainly contributing to the problem but it's not like Gase has exactly done anything to earn our trust yet either. 

Can we at least agree on that?

Btw, I'm not criticizing him but I am saying that the jury is still out.  I feel like many people are giving Gase credit for being a good HC ("if he had his players back we'd be winning games!") when he's done nothing to earn it.

This current stretch reminds me of the 3 games Sam did not play last year, which is to me the most impressive stretch of his career. The offense looked absolutely pathetic without him on the field for most of that span, the Titans game they were able to move the ball some. 

Now I know people are going to point to week 1 but the kid was not full strength, we missed some plays by inches and also missed a field goal. The OL absolutely cannot continue to play like this but Sam returning will give this offense a huge boost.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He won 11 games with Matt Cassell.  He's got the league figured out.  We'd probably be 2-1 right now if he were our HC.

Stop..seriously! 

I am so sick of hearing about the Pats in 2008! They had a top 10 defense in 2008. We beat them IN GILLETTE, THEY HAD THE EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE. They beat 2 teams that finished over .500. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He won 11 games with Matt Cassell.  He's got the league figured out.  We'd probably be 2-1 right now if he were our HC.

Going from 16 wins to 11 is a massive fall off in performance, +/- 5 wins is the di fference between the playoffs and picking #7 in the draft for most teams

The schedule was one if the hardest in the 16 win season and one of the easiest in the 11 win season.

This post inadvertantly supports Gase 

We have a QB that was on a practice squad less than 2 weeks ago, the OL never played a snap in preseason together, Braxton berrios want picked up until after final cuts and he was our 3rd wr, on D we are missing our QB and best player, we are missing our top 3 pick.

What do people expect out of the coaching staff?  Gase is supposed to look like an offensive guru with Luke Falk in his first start at NE?

If we can get healthy during the bye the season is not lost. 

• Post of the Week 1

The OLine is healthy and looks worse than last year. And they were bad last year. That’s a coaching issue. 

We’re mostly losing because we are playing teams that are better than us even if we were at full strength. The Bills are the only team most thought we could beat and injuries were an issue that game. 

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Stop..seriously! 

I am so sick of hearing about the Pats in 2008! They had a top 10 defense in 2008. We beat them IN GILLETTE, THEY HAD THE EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE. They beat 2 teams that finished over .500. 

I honestly think we'd be 2-1 (or 1-2 at worst) if Belichick was HC of the NYJ with this exact roster.  

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

Going from 16 wins to 11 is a massive fall off in performance, +/- 5 wins is the di fference between the playoffs and picking #7 in the draft for most teams

The schedule was one if the hardest in the 16 win season and one of the easiest in the 11 win season.

This post inadvertantly supports Gase 

This is so ridiculous.  As if going 16-0 was the new benchmark.  Give me a break!

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is so ridiculous.  As if going 16-0 was the new benchmark.  Give me a break!

No but its what they did the year prior with the same team and starting QB

Against a hard schedule, they won 11 against an easy one. Did I mention that ? It matters, a lot 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

No but its what they did the year prior with the same team and starting QB

Against a hard schedule, they won 11 against an easy one. Did I mention that ? It matters, a lot 

Yeah they were 16-0 the year before with Brady.  So you're saying that if Brady were there and they went 13-3 it would've been "the pig is ripe!"?

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Please, Enunwa is one of the most overrated jet players of the last 5 years.

This team is healthy enough to not stink out he joint.

Good coaches do things to at least look good losing.

The offense looks worse than the gailey, morton and bates offenses all of those with terrible o talent as well.

This guy is supposed to be a good offensive coach.  Is he yet another one of these guys that will be good if you are 100% healthy and have he team stocked with pro bowlers?

Yes Enuwa is overrated but having him in allowed Crowder to be in the slot - where he belongs.  The perpetual throwing short of the sticks (actually reminds me of Bruce Coslet) is inexcusable and a show of zero confidence in the OL and the QB.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

much as i really don't want to see a revolving door at coach, they may have injuries but that's no excuse for the offense being so putrid.  the oline , by all accounts, is intact.  the same group has started for 3 games yet they still don't pass protect very well nor do they run block.  and even if the receiver corp is thin then call plays that play to the strength of the players on the field.  how many times do we have to see bell up the middle on first and 10?  it's awful predictable.

i'm not saying gase is the wrong guy or can't get this straightened out but at this point it's on him.  the injuries are just a lame excuse.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I honestly think we'd be 2-1 (or 1-2 at worst) if Belichick was HC of the NYJ with this exact roster.  

We would have been 1-2 if Robbie Anderson wasn't a stick figure who can't win 50/50 balls, or if a kicker PAID to kick could make a FG, or if our QB wasn't weakened by Mono might have reached a wide open Robbie or hey, how about this, if Avery Williamson doesn't tear his ACL maybe we don't have to sub an injured Mosely with a 5th round rookie? 

But, it's the Head Coaches fault. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We would have been 1-2 if Robbie Anderson wasn't a stick figure who can't win 50/50 balls, or if a kicker PAID to kick could make a FG, or if our QB wasn't weakened by Mono might have reached a wide open Robbie or hey, how about this, if Avery Williamson doesn't tear his ACL maybe we don't have to sub an injured Mosely with a 5th round rookie? 

But, it's the Head Coaches fault. 

I've said multiple times that the jury is still out on Gase.  Without Sam, I'm not going to blame him for the 0-3 start.  But I'm also not going to say "Gase is the guy to turn the franchise around" either because he's done absolutely NOTHING to earn that.  

Someone asked (paraphrasing) "give me the name of a HC who could win with this roster" and I said Belichick.  I still believe that.

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

What injury are we using to explain how historically bad thisboffensive line is?

They're not injured (well Winters is always banged up), they're either old & over the hill has beens, Kalil & Beachum, or underperforming overpaid Jags like Winters or slightly below average Jags like Shell. 

This is the worst Oline in football, Sam ran for his life last year & made them look better. The 2 slow cement shoed QBs that replaced him have exposed the Oline & just how bad they are. Beachum looks like his hasn't been in the weight room for YEARS, he's like having the Pillsbury dough boy at LT.