Jalen Ramsey calls out sick on Monday

joewilly12

Jalen Ramsey calls out sick on Monday

Posted by Josh Alper on September 23, 2019, 8:30 AM EDT

gettyimages-1175829818-e1569241800280.jp
Getty Images

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey wants a trade away from the Jaguars, but the team doesn’t seem to be inclined to take any offers they might have received at this point.

As a result, it appears Ramsey does not feel inclined to join the Jaguars for practice. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Ramsey called the Jaguars on Sunday and told them he won’t be attending Monday’s practice because he’s sick. Schefter adds that Ramsey may not be at practice all week.

Ramsey may be ill, but the timing makes it difficult not to think this is the kind of sick day that led Ferris Bueller to run afoul of Principal Ed Rooney.

If so, it’s a rare case of a player deciding to hold himself out of work after opening the season in the lineup. It would also be a sign that there’s not much hope of smoothing over the differences that led to the trade request in the first place.

There will surely be more developments to come on the Ramsey front on Monday and in the days to come. We’ll have them all for you right here.

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Getty Images

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey wants a trade away from the Jaguars, but the team doesn’t seem to be inclined to take any offers they might have received at this point.

As a result, it appears Ramsey does not feel inclined to join the Jaguars for practice. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Ramsey called the Jaguars on Sunday and told them he won’t be attending Monday’s practice because he’s sick. Schefter adds that Ramsey may not be at practice all week.

Ramsey may be ill, but the timing makes it difficult not to think this is the kind of sick day that led Ferris Bueller to run afoul of Principal Ed Rooney.

If so, it’s a rare case of a player deciding to hold himself out of work after opening the season in the lineup. It would also be a sign that there’s not much hope of smoothing over the differences that led to the trade request in the first place.

There will surely be more developments to come on the Ramsey front on Monday and in the days to come. We’ll have them all for you right here.

Good, his price just keeps going down... 

• Upvote 1

Would note the Browns last night fielded a secondary of bubble gum and duct tape and managed to keep a good Rams passing attack mostly in check. As a fantasy owner of Todd Gurley I can so attest. And yet again insane Jets fans are advocating giving up  resources for MORE DBs. Are you f___ing insane? 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Getty Images

And people want this guy on our team?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bugg said:

Would note the Browns last night fielded a secondary of bubble gum and duct tape and managed to keep a good Rams passing attack mostly in check. As a fantasy owner of Todd Gurley I can so attest. And yet again insane Jets fans are advocating giving up  resources for MORE DBs. Are you f___ing insane? 

Other than the decent play of Hairston at CB we are WEAK 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe he's really sick Sam Darnold is sick right. 

That could be.  But I think this guy would go nuts with the NY media and would be a huge distraction.  He already has demonstrated that he is not a team guy.  We'd be dealing with Revis style holdouts, sideline altercations and Brinks trucks entrances for years to come.  How many good teams have guys like this on them?  The Pats did, for eleven days, but guys like this don't foster a winning environment.

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Their pass rush was a major factor in hushing the Rams attack.  If we had a shutdown corner it would allow us to blitz more and create pressure.  Having said that I doubt the Jags or anyone else for that matter would give a significant return for a sleepy Leo Williams.    I'd say Williams value is now at about a 5th round pick.  Trading Williams and a #1 for Ramsey would be a steal, unless we end up with a top ten pick.  I still say the best option for the Jets is to tank - sit Darnold for the rest of the season and get the overall #1 which would be worth at a minimum two #1s and two #2's, and that's how you rebuild folks.

4 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Their pass rush was a major factor in hushing the Rams attack.  If we had a shutdown corner it would allow us to blitz more and create pressure.  Having said that I doubt the Jags or anyone else for that matter would give a significant return for a sleepy Leo Williams.    I'd say Williams value is now at about a 5th round pick.  Trading Williams and a #1 for Ramsey would be a steal, unless we end up with a top ten pick.  I still say the best option for the Jets is to tank - sit Darnold for the rest of the season and get the overall #1 which would be worth at a minimum two #1s and two #2's, and that's how you rebuild folks.

Seriously? I know you've been at/watched the first 3 games. We're gonna have a top 3 pick.

• Upvote 1