Kalil Quote

msena88

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

remember when we tried telling everyone that they hired gase because he was the cheapest candidate and everyone told us we were just whining? pepperidge farm remembers.

Gase's offense in Miami had a lower rank than Jeremy Gates with Bowles

i mean i get the injuries and all but really? They peed on our backs and sold it as rain 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

i mean i get the injuries and all but really? They peed on our backs and sold it as rain 

it probably works to their advantage to not open up the playbook vs NE with falk and an OL that is struggling.  now they at least have a few weeks to fix things, maybe get darnold back and not give the next few opponents including NE any real film to review.  

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, what’s the working theory here—that Adam Gase isn’t aware of the slant pattern? 

It’s always been some iteration of this.  Look at this playcall by Schotty - everyone’s in front of the 1st down marker.   The way coaches are talked about here, you’d generally have to believe they were pulled in off the street without ever having even heard of football.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

With Bates as OC we ranked 21st, Gase's best ranking was 16th and that wasn't the year he made the playoffs with a combo of Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

It’s always been some iteration of this.  Look at this playcall by Schotty - everyone’s in front of the 1st down marker.   The way coaches are talked about here, you’d generally have to believe they were pulled in off the street without ever having even heard of football.

i think a lot of offensive coaches come to the jets thinking it's a good proving ground/stepping stone for them, if they can show they can make something out of nothing.  then they get knee and waist deep in the offense and see the lack of talent and are just as happy to punt to not lead the league in turnover highlights like the backup NE qb did yesterday.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Absolutely ... Belichick did send 4 at times but if you show 7 and back them in coverage on short passing plays it's probably confusing the hell out of the OL and the QB.  Belichick seems to have the  talent now to make his defense elite once again and they are certainly playing at an elite level. Have they given up a TD yet ?

In reality the Jets have played 3 very tough defenses and when you lack Talent at the WR position and are missing your only TE who can catch the football then those elite defenses can focus on Bell and there's not much you can do

Belichick has a real talent for confusing and beating rookie/inexperienced QBs. He does it all of the time (confuses non-rookies too); yes he Defense seems legit, but consider two of the offenses he shut out were Miami (that is tanking and trades anyone who looks promising) and the Jets whose offense is so bad, the a sick Darnold scored more points (on TD and 2 point conversion - and positioned for a FG) then his replacements (2 with a combined 3 points in 2 games). Who knows how good the Steelers are and they were the first game of the season (Belli is always prepared). They may be legit, but who knows. Pats at Bills will be an interesting game - Bills seem to have a great D and the offense MAY be the real thing. We should know more next weekend.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, what’s the working theory here—that Adam Gase isn’t aware of the slant pattern? 

The working theory here is that you're claiming not a single player on the Jets can run a slant which is why Adam Gase didnt call one yesterday.  You specifically called out Jamison Crowder, who has made a living out of running the slant route. 

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because 3rd string quarterbacks pulled off of the Costco checkout line and rushed into NFL active duty 12 hours after they are signed are so good at throwing the ball downfield.

SAR I

Dude we had all summer to add depth and evaluate Luke Falk if this is the outcome then no wonder we are 0-3. 

Luke Falk shined in preseason against guys who are selling cars and working at UPS now. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

by yardage 2018 jets were 29, 2018 dolphins were 31

by points 2018 jets were 23 2018 dolphins were 25

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/index.htm#all_passing

the only stat Gase was better than Bates at was vs Pats 

and we just saw where that got us

I posted again, I was looking at D.  That was my mistake but his best year was still better and remember that year their O was dreadful early and was good most of that year.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude we had all summer to add depth and evaluate Luke Falk if this is the outcome then no wonder we are 0-3. 

Luke Falk shined in preseason against guys who are selling cars and working at UPS now. 

So you are bashing the Jets for not having a good 3rd string QB?  Did you see the Pats backup in his lone series?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

So you are bashing the Jets for not having a good 3rd string QB?  Did you see the Pats backup in his lone series?

A decent 3rd string QB is more like it capable of playing respectable football.  Luke Falk is bad really bad. 

He looks older and slower than dirt with no arm strength. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

There isnt a single person in this world who didnt believe the Jets significantly upgraded their offense this offseason.  This forum was doing back flips for Kalil.  Every analyst that covers the NFL had them ranked as one of the most improved teams or "winners" in the offseason.  Suddenly, all these new additions cant play Football.  

By no means am I arguing that we are talent rich, clearly that's not the case but the OL and weapons dept. was improved.  Bottom line.  And the truth is, every single player on this offense has been a productive player who has been a part of (if not a crucial part) of a successful offense.  Suddenly, they're the worst collection of the talent the league has ever seen to the point they cant execute a single play?  No.  This isnt ******* Space Jam. 

Exactly, yet can you honestly think of a single player who isn't in the midst of having a career-worst season?  It's comical how much the hate for Bowles / excusing of Maccagnan combo was constantly based around the supposed failed utilization of players when not a single one of them ever went on to greater success with other coaches.  Meanwhile, we now hear excuses for Gase when some of those same guys (and more) are all looking worse than ever before.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Nope! Just saying I’m not so sure that helps us but might as well throw  ? at the wall and see what sticks.

Players aren't grasping assignments in a zone blocking scheme. Its either the players are dumb and they don't know how to handle situations or the coaches aren't teaching it well. Either way, they can't have free runners on the outside over and over again. KO failed in the zone blocking in Oakland.... why are they trying to do the same here.

I am curious as to what they are going to change over the next 2 weeks. I liked Pollack too. 

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Preseason defenses aren't the Browns and Patriots, currently ranked in the Top 10 in the entire league.  Luke Falk was not our backup.  He's our backup's backup.  No NFL team has a great quarterback on their practice squad and no head coach would be expected to win games in Foxboro with a grocery boy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Actual Jets OL: We were having trouble protecting the QB

Jets fan, on the couch: wE sHoUlD hAvE tHrOwEd It DeEp MoAr

The line couldn't protect the QB for short passes and yet they wanted them to throw bombs on 3rd and 18. It's almost like these people don't realize that the line has to protect even longer to allow deeper routes to develop. Criticizing Gase for quick throws on a day the line gave up 4 sacks when only 3/4 men were rushing for the Pats is idiotic.

I know people don't want to hear excuses but when your line is terrible it's hard for even the best QB's in the league to be successful let alone a 3rd String QB starting his 1st game against BB and the Pats defense. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Preseason defenses aren't the Browns and Patriots, currently ranked in the Top 10 in the entire league.  Luke Falk was not our backup.  He's our backup's backup.  No NFL team has a great quarterback on their practice squad.

SAR I

statistically the pats and bills are top defenses.  cleveland not far behind.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

So I guess Adam Gase isn’t scheming sack on 3 step drops or pressure against 3 man DLs.

It's pretty simple.  If they are only rushing 3-4 guys and the scheme is fine.  hell, even with a terrible scheme, 5 guys and TE or RB should be able top keep the QB clean more often then not...

So lets just call it as it is.... THE OL is garbage.. End of story...   A 3 step drop ain't gonna help.   They rushed 3 or 4 guys meaning 7-8 guys in the box to shut down the quick pass.   The OL is garbage end of story.     Now I am not letting Gase off the hook, maybe he needs to adjust the fact that this OL sucks and get in shotgun more.  Role the QB out.     Get creative with some misdirection run plays.   So as I see it right now 60% on the OL . 20%, as stated somewhere else, a 6th round PS/journeyman QB playing, 10% on Gase and 10% on missing Darnold, Enunwa, Herndon and to some degree Thomas.   

Bye week will show me what type of CS we have.  

• Upvote 1

Don't underestimate the importance Darnold played in setting up blocking assignments. I think they we're counting on him to help Khalil till he got up to speed. With Darnold out the last 2 hand there's no wonder why there has been mass confusion and both assignments. Just some food for thought

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

You think he would have signed back here like he did in NO?  You don't think the circumstances were different?

I'm not going to worry about micro sh*t when the team can't get the broad strokes right. You don't stop looking for the quarterback until you have the one who makes you stop. Darnold didn't do that. He just offered the first opportunity for complacency. Imagine the weppinz and OL threads if the Jets committed major resources to acquiring Bradford and Daniel and Wentz. And they had a guy who turned out to be demonstrably good enough to win a super bowl to begin with. All we got is a ginger who's been playing the position fifteen minutes and likes to score tail at urgent care.

Just now, msena88 said:

You've heard the beat reporters talk about seeing the Jets being creative in practices over the summer and you have plays like this below from Gase, I think this is the type of stuff folks wanted to see the last two games.

i truly believe gase figured it wasn't worth doing with this roster, better off not showing anything like this yet until darnold returns and they have 2 more weeks to get the OL functional.  

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'm not going to worry about micro sh*t when the team can't get the broad strokes right. You don't stop looking for the quarterback until you have the one who makes you stop. Darnold didn't do that. He just offered the first opportunity for complacency. Imagine the weppinz and OL threads if the Jets committed major resources to acquiring Bradford and Daniel and Wentz. And they had a guy who turned out to be demonstrably good enough to win a super bowl to begin with. All we got is a ginger who's been playing the position fifteen minutes and likes to score tail at urgent care.

He was a FREE AGENT after last season, we got a pick for him when he wasn't come back.  That was a GREAT move.  He's only backing up Brees negate Brees is older and a legendary QB.  He would not have re-signed here to be Sam's backup.