Kalil Quote

msena88

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why is it that every team in the league can beat the Jets on 3rd and 18 and the Jets can't never even throw it that far.

That is what I have a problem with... Not that the Jets get into 3rd and 18 but why can every team in the league get a first down against the Jets with plays and the Jets never have an answer.

You have to protect the QB to convert 3rd & 18. Its elementary. 

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i truly believe gase figured it wasn't worth doing with this roster, better off not showing anything like this yet until darnold returns and they have 2 more weeks to get the OL functional.  

I agree, I think it's a combination of things like that as well as learning to walk before you can run. People seem to think that Gase is calling the "bad" running plays and that's why Leveon doesn't have any holes. This OL can't currently block for a draw play and the fans want them to block for a double reverse halfback pass.

Also, I've heard all about Gase being too conservative yet last week against the Browns when the Jets were driving deep into Browns territory and they passed on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 he was a moron for not running Leveon. Then yesterday on a 3rd and 2 in the 4Q, at their own 9 yard line he hands off to Leveon (which statistically league wide has a higher chance of converting for a first down) and he's too conservative. Unless they score 50 and win, the guy cannot do anything right.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Players aren't grasping assignments in a zone blocking scheme. Its either the players are dumb and they don't know how to handle situations or the coaches aren't teaching it well. Either way, they can't have free runners on the outside over and over again. KO failed in the zone blocking in Oakland.... why are they trying to do the same here.

I am curious as to what they are going to change over the next 2 weeks. I liked Pollack too. 

Agreed. I’m amazed that at week 3  there hasn’t been at least some improvement in the line. We have faced some good defenses the first three games if we want to use that as a partial excuse. Rams barely beat the Browns last night. Their D looked real good. Bills are 3-0 and Wade Phillips is got the D looking good for the Cheaters. 

42 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Don't underestimate the importance Darnold played in setting up blocking assignments. I think they we're counting on him to help Khalil till he got up to speed. With Darnold out the last 2 hand there's no wonder why there has been mass confusion and both assignments. Just some food for thought

Through the blind rage of anger this is a point I will say I have missed as well.  I hope you are right.

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You have to protect the QB to convert 3rd & 18. Its elementary. 

I am talking about the Jets defense consistently giving up 1st downs, on 3rd and long... its an epidemic with this team... that is more infuriating then the Jets not being able to convert Offensively.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

I am talking about the Jets defense consistently giving up 1st downs, on 3rd and long... its an epidemic with this team... that is more infuriating then the Jets not being able to convert Offensively.

3 and outs are unheard of here except when our offense is on the field. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Agreed. I’m amazed that at week 3  there hasn’t been at least some improvement in the line. We have faced some good defenses the first three games if we want to use that as a partial excuse. Rams barely beat the Browns last night. Their D looked real good. Bills are 3-0 and Wade Phillips is got the D looking good for the Cheaters. 

I think part of it is having a different QB each week. OL isn't comfortable with what to do since they have to make adjustments to each QB.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The line couldn't protect the QB for short passes and yet they wanted them to throw bombs on 3rd and 18. It's almost like these people don't realize that the line has to protect even longer to allow deeper routes to develop. Criticizing Gase for quick throws on a day the line gave up 4 sacks when only 3/4 men were rushing for the Pats is idiotic.

I know people don't want to hear excuses but when your line is terrible it's hard for even the best QB's in the league to be successful let alone a 3rd String QB starting his 1st game against BB and the Pats defense. 

That is what I have been saying here... Insane reaction... and the fact that QBs help give OL blocking direction and there has been a new QB starter each week... 

• Upvote 1

The last time a Belichick-coached team lost to a rookie QB was when he was with the Browns and Drew Bledsoe beat him. But, slant routes gang gang. 

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- When the New England Patriots host the Houston Texans on Sunday, Bill Belichick will be scheming against 22-year-old rookie Deshaun Watson, who will be the second-youngest starting quarterback to face a team with Belichick as head coach.

One has to go back to 1993, Belichick's third year as Cleveland Browns coach and two years before Watson was born, to identify the youngest quarterback to face a Belichick-coached team. It was 21-year-old Patriots rookie Drew Bledsoe.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The last time a Belichick-coached team lost to a rookie QB was when he was with the Browns and Drew Bledsoe beat him. But, slant routes gang gang. 

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- When the New England Patriots host the Houston Texans on Sunday, Bill Belichick will be scheming against 22-year-old rookie Deshaun Watson, who will be the second-youngest starting quarterback to face a team with Belichick as head coach.

One has to go back to 1993, Belichick's third year as Cleveland Browns coach and two years before Watson was born, to identify the youngest quarterback to face a Belichick-coached team. It was 21-year-old Patriots rookie Drew Bledsoe.

Jets Fans: It took us five years to figure out that Mike Maccagnan was a bad GM

Also Jets Fans: Gase should be able to scheme a win against Bill Belichick with Luke Falk and Braxton Berrios 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, lounap23 said:

So as I see it right now 60% on the OL . 20%, as stated somewhere else, a 6th round PS/journeyman QB playing, 10% on Gase and 10% on missing Darnold, Enunwa, Herndon and to some degree Thomas.    

60% on the line

10% on Gase 

2.5% on Darnold's Mono 

2.5% on Herndon's DWI

Ok even if all this "math" were accurate (ITS NOT) you've got Darnold at the same significance as Herndon? 

Here's my math:

Sam Darnold is the most important player on the team, him not being ready to start the season 100% is the biggest reason BY FAR for their 0-3 start 

they sold all those 14 jerseys they traded all those picks because HE'S THE FRANCHISE 

if he's just some Geno Smith manager than maybe those blame numbers make sense

does the line suck Hell yeah. A franchise Qb is supposed to be better than all those problems. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rookie mark Sanchez beat a Belichick coached team in 2009.  Rookie Geno Smith beat a Belichick coached team in 2013.  There are others, this has nothing to do with anything other than correcting misinformation.  Yesterday Gase had a first year QB who was on the practice squad a week and a half ago and was our third QB.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Rookie mark Sanchez beat a Belichick coached team in 2009.  Rookie Geno Smith beat a Belichick coached team in 2013.  There are others, this has nothing to do with anything other than correcting misinformation.  Yesterday Gase had a first year QB who was on the practice squad a week and a half ago and was our third QB.  

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think part of it is having a different QB each week. OL isn't comfortable with what to do since they have to make adjustments to each QB.

Yep. And the QB should be helping out with assignments at the line and calling audibles when the Defense looks like it will blow up the play. Not sure if that’s happening either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I posted again, I was looking at D.  That was my mistake but his best year was still better and remember that year their O was dreadful early and was good most of that year.

when a team hires a so called "Offensive genius" there should be some offensive statistics to back it up, even if you have to cherry pick them 

look closely at all the numbers, they can't even prove Gase was better than Jeremy Bates

we all breezed by that at the time of the hire 

his resume is awful. 

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Remember when we tried telling everyone that drafting a quarterback from USC with minimal starting experience was a horrible idea and they were all like flashes of greatness? And how nobody learned sh*t and the Jets did the exact same thing and the exact same doofuses think it's the exact same greatest thing ever?

To be fair I don't think it even matters who we draft in the first round anymore.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

lmfao the apologist are ridiculous right now.  Nobody is even talking about a win vs the Pats.  Nobody expected that from this team on Sunday.  We're talking about not looking like the worst offensive team to ever step foot on the field for 3 straight games. 

Tony Sporano once blew out the great Belichick running the wildcat with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams and Jets fans are ridiculous for thinking that a few first downs is too much to ask from a professional Football team. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He was a FREE AGENT after last season, we got a pick for him when he wasn't come back.  That was a GREAT move.  He's only backing up Brees negate Brees is older and a legendary QB.  He would not have re-signed here to be Sam's backup.

Once again illustrating why we have a team built for fans of the woulda coulda shoulda game rather than fans of the game of football. The Jets do dumbass things and get dumbass results. Good enough for me. But if I were inclined to indulge anybody's fart-huffing bent, I'd point out that you don't know that he would have been resigned as a backup if at all had he still been around when Darnold missed time during the season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao the apologist are ridiculous right now.  Nobody is even talking about a win vs the Pats.  Nobody expected that from this team on Sunday.  We're talking about not looking like the worst offensive team to ever step foot on the field for 3 straight games. 

Tony Sporano once blew out the great Belichick running the wildcat with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams and Jets fans are ridiculous for thinking that a few first downs is too much to ask from a professional Football team. 

Not just ridiculous. Actually contributing to the failure somehow. And then being happy and angry about it at the same time.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

when a team hires a so called "Offensive genius" there should be some offensive statistics to back it up, even if you have to cherry pick them 

look closely at all the numbers, they can't even prove Gase was better than Jeremy Bates

we all breezed by that at the time of the hire 

his resume is awful. 

He never had a QB down there, let's see what he can do with Sam.  It's hard to look good without a QB, look at how different the Giants O looked yesterday even without their best player.

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

We had a 1st year QB that was on our practice squad a week earlier. He was our 3rd starter in 3 games.  We were in 2nd and 3rd & 15 all day, we started with terrible FP all day. I don't know what you guys expect.

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Once again illustrating why we have a team built for fans of the woulda coulda shoulda game rather than fans of the game of football. The Jets do dumbass things and get dumbass results. Good enough for me. But if I were inclined to indulge anybody's fart-huffing bent, I'd point out that you don't know that he would have been resigned as a backup if at all had he still been around when Darnold missed time during the season.

If you think teddy was coming back here as a backup I don't know what to tell you.  He gave up starting opportunities to back up Brees.  

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

We had a 1st year QB that was on our practice squad a week earlier. He was our 3rd starter in 3 games.  We were in 2nd and 3rd & 15 all day, we started with terrible FP all day. I don't know what you guys expect.

If you think teddy was coming back here as a backup I don't know what to tell you.  He gave up starting opportunities to back up Brees.  

Again, and only using words with one syllable this time. Who says it would have been to back up Sam if he had signed with the Jets? What if he got a chance to start last year? And played at least as good as Sam did, like he had right up to the trade?

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Again, and only using words with one syllable this time. Who says it would have been to back up Sam if he had signed with the Jets? What if he got a chance to start last year? And played at least as good as Sam did, like he had right up to the trade?

We drafted at QB at #3 overall, he was stubby as soon as he was ready.  The Jets bright teddy in as insurance and to swap for a pick.  If Sam didn't show he was ready to play then Teddy would have had an opportunity.  It's a shame he came along when he did but it would have made no sense to start him last year instead of Sam.

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We drafted at QB at #3 overall, he was stubby as soon as he was ready.  The Jets bright teddy in as insurance and to swap for a pick.  If Sam didn't show he was ready to play then Teddy would have had an opportunity.  It's a shame he came along when he did but it would have made no sense to start him last year instead of Sam.

Yeah see this is the beauty of not having to pull wouldas out of my ass to make an argument. Sam got hurt. He would have started those games. How the **** is this so difficult for you?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

60% on the line

10% on Gase 

2.5% on Darnold's Mono 

2.5% on Herndon's DWI

Ok even if all this "math" were accurate (ITS NOT) you've got Darnold at the same significance as Herndon? 

Here's my math:

Sam Darnold is the most important player on the team, him not being ready to start the season 100% is the biggest reason BY FAR for their 0-3 start 

they sold all those 14 jerseys they traded all those picks because HE'S THE FRANCHISE 

if he's just some Geno Smith manager than maybe those blame numbers make sense

does the line suck Hell yeah. A franchise Qb is supposed to be better than all those problems. 

I was exaggerating my point on how awful the OL is playing.  But if Darnold is a franchise guy then yes 100% the blame is on the MONO.  But don't under value how important Herndon is to this offensive scheme. Gase loves to utilize the TE and his blocking is very good. 

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yeah see this is the beauty of not having to pull wouldas out of my ass to make an argument. Sam got hurt. He would have started those games. How the **** is this so difficult for you?

????. I don't know what's going on with this board today, it's just insanity.  

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Jets Fans: It took us five years to figure out that Mike Maccagnan was a bad GM

Also Jets Fans: Gase should be able to scheme a win against Bill Belichick with Luke Falk and Braxton Berrios 

Other Jets Fans:  It's not Gase's fault that his team's have been demonstrably terrible throughout his head-coaching career, and his players perform worse than ever before.