Kalil Quote

msena88

51 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

is it ok to ever expect the jets to be decent at football under any circumstances ever or is that against the rules again this year

It's not about being decent at football. It's about preposterous narratives and crushing on dudes. And I'll be the first one in line to defend them the second they admit they're really more into soap operas. But as long as they pretend to be interested in football the Jets are gonna keep marketing to the real housewives of Nassau county and unfortunately they are really good at playing to their base. And that sh*t isn't okay.

29 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's not about being decent at football. It's about preposterous narratives and crushing on dudes. And I'll be the first one in line to defend them the second they admit they're really more into soap operas. But as long as they pretend to be interested in football the Jets are gonna keep marketing to the real housewives of Nassau county and unfortunately they are really good at playing to their base. And that sh*t isn't okay.

"The combine doesn't really mean anything anyways" was an especially delicious narrative re: the Polite pick this year. Hard to even hit new lows at this point but holy hell.

31 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

"The combine doesn't really mean anything anyways" was an especially delicious narrative re: the Polite pick this year. Hard to even hit new lows at this point but holy hell.

I'm not really sure if you guys are picking on me in a meta way but it feels like you are and I just want you to know I'm reporting both of you to the meta cops,

8 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Our line has struggled for years but this is the worst I’ve seen it and Gase hasn’t fixed it since week 1.

Just how is Gase suppose to fix the OL? Is he to somehow magically infuse these bums with talent? Bench them and play .... who?

Joe Douglas has stated he will build the team starting with the OL. It's going to take two to three years of drafting and FA signings to fix the OL. Judge Gase/Douglas after that.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why is it that every team in the league can beat the Jets on 3rd and 18 and the Jets can't never even throw it that far.

That is what I have a problem with... Not that the Jets get into 3rd and 18 but why can every team in the league get a first down against the Jets with plays and the Jets never have an answer.

Because of the last six years of GM's drafting and FA signings. Face it, we have one of the least talented rosters in the league. It takes years to fix but we do have the key piece already in place - a FQB in Sam.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Fact - Harrison was a huge upgrade over Spencer long and Todd Bowles was a stubborn moron who refused to make the switch.

Also Fact - Harrison is a huge upgrade over Matt Kalil and Adam Gase is a stubborn moron who refuses to make the switch.

When did we sign Matt Kalil?  

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

But moving Edoga to LT in his first start is scary.  Kahlil And Winters have been horrendous. Both need to be benched. Beech has been equally horrible so maybe you’re right and roll the dice with the rookie at LT. Edoga LT, Osmile at G, Harrison C, Lewis G, Beech RT.  Could it possibly be any worse.

There was a time in the 90s when the Jets just finished 3-13 and I asked this very same question.  

• Upvote 1

I really dont know what is exactly going on. No time to watch film but I do watch every single game. And this isn't just a problem where our oline is physically getting beat but time and time again I see the oline have trouble picking up defenders off stunts, letting defenders get free rushes, and lineman looking lost with no one to block. All of those issues stem from coaching and communication. Not skill. Mind boggling when all I read during the off season was how great of a pickup our new oline coach was. Not sure what the fix is but there are people in that building getting paid a sh*t ton of money to figure it out and it needs to happen fast if we have any chance at salvaging the season. 

8 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Come on now, the strategy is going YOLO on offense.  I mean, you can do it in Madden, so I don't get why Gase doesn't just call the good plays for long TDs.

One question is the postgame presser was roughly this, and Gase said in so many words you cannot throw a post when you can't protect. 

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Just how is Gase suppose to fix the OL? Is he to somehow magically infuse these bums with talent? Bench them and play .... who?

Joe Douglas has stated he will build the team starting with the OL. It's going to take two to three years of drafting and FA signings to fix the OL. Judge Gase/Douglas after that.

Rebuild 6.0.

O-line seems lost. Not sure if it’s the zone blocking but like I’ve said on here over and over why can’t they go with a 2 back set. Keep one in to block. How about a 2 set TE. One could block. How about some roll out plays. He’s the Offensive guru....supposedly. Mix it up. In all fairness the Defenses that we’ve faced have been tough but the line seems worse than it was last year with the same players. I’m willing to give him some time but I’m not encouraged 

10 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** are you talking about?  I remember when the backup QB was the most popular guy on the team.  Here it is the backup center?  The guy couldn't unseat Spencer Long with a broken finger. 

I get thinking the coach is an idiot, but when every coach can't notice the greatness of Jonotthan Harrison, maybe it doesn't exist.  He has sat for three different head coaches, 3 different OCs and 5 different offensive line coaches.  Gase, Bowles, Pagano, Pollack, Loggains, Morton, Dennison, Chudzinski, Philbin, Pep Hamilton, and Steve Marshall did not recognize his greatness!  

Bravo! I think they should start Harrison though. Somebody's effing up calling the protections on the line. And apparently this guy was doing a good job till they brought in the retired guy. I have no dog in the fight I'm just tired of our quarterbacks getting wiped out an our Oline looking like a bunch of girls...

14 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Because of the last six years of GM's drafting and FA signings. Face it, we have one of the least talented rosters in the league. It takes years to fix but we do have the key piece already in place - a FQB in Sam.

That doesn't fix the Defenses on every Jets team... no matter the coach giving up 3rd and 18 to other teams..