Bye Week Thoughts

KRL

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I really enjoy how many excuses Jets fans are making for Sam Darnold

did you hear?

the Jets strapped Sam Darnold into a kissing booth and made him kiss every Rutgers female within a 25 mile radius of met life stadium? it was barbaric. they changed 50 cents a pop. 

2000 other players in the NFL DIDN'T get mono.  

Jamal Adams is 23 he's not getting mono. 

ya know? it's like choices have consequences 

the only other QB in NFL history to get mono (and ADMIT TO IT) was Chris Chandler it basically ruined his career (Steve McNair took his job and never looked back)

and also don't tell me he got it from a drinking glass.

talking about the offensive line yeah they suck at least they don't have mono.  at least they are playing. 

and ya know what else? 

even if all the above is BS and i'm a dum dum stupidhead, completely irrational, the following are FACTS:  

-they used 3 second round picks to move up 3 spots to get this player (complaining about lineman and CBs, 2 years ago QB was everything)

-14 missed a month last year,

-as a rookie he led the league in interceptions until that last month

-he's not getting better missing time (a month? 2 months) this year

-he needs reps to get better

-fast forward to next season, year 3, he will have started how many games? 

back to opinion mode:

they sold a ton of Darnold jerseys this summer with that great power comes great responsibility. i don't care if he becomes a monk in the offseason or a sex worker as long as he is ready for the season. blame the line all you want or Quinnen Williams (really? at least he got hurt playing FOOTBALL) 14 needs to be out there.  

14 screwed this season getting mono and possibly his career - you don't get these developmental years back

he's got responsibility of Sanchez with the durability of Chadwick 

this start is more Sam Darnold's fault than Adam Gase aka Rich Kotite part 2 (and that guy can't play call his way out of a wet paper bag)

KRL offered a very structured & informative post. KRL did not blame Q Williams for ankle.

For you to blame Sam for MONO is ridiculous. You do know it can be contracted in other ways than kissing right? Like sharing drink or a dessert with a spoon.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you had two injured players, with the bye coming up, would you rush them back to play in a game that is meaningless or rest them an extra week? Just curious. 

so you do not have any link?  Got it.  Thanks for replying so clearly.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

did you hear?

the Jets strapped Sam Darnold into a kissing booth and made him kiss every Rutgers female within a 25 mile radius of met life stadium? it was barbaric. they changed 50 cents a pop. 

the only other QB in NFL history to get mono (and ADMIT TO IT) was Chris Chandler it basically ruined his career (Steve McNair took his job and never looked back)

talking about the offensive line yeah they suck at least they don't have mono.  at least they are playing. 

and ya know what else? 

even if all the above is BS and i'm a dum dum stupidhead, completely irrational, the following are FACTS:  

-they used 3 second round picks to move up 3 spots to get this player (complaining about lineman and CBs, 2 years ago QB was everything)

back to opinion mode:

they sold a ton of Darnold jerseys this summer with that great power comes great responsibility. i don't care if he becomes a monk in the offseason or a sex worker as long as he is ready for the season. blame the line all you want or Quinnen Williams (really? at least he got hurt playing FOOTBALL) 14 needs to be out there.  

14 screwed this season getting mono and possibly his career - you don't get these developmental years back

this start is more Sam Darnold's fault than Adam Gase aka Rich Kotite part 2 (and that guy can't play call his way out of a wet paper bag)

Wow this is really unhinged.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

You're GD right there's more... 13 weeks more.

I thought about it and everyone else is right

this whole Sam getting MONO thing IS the offensive line's fault 

they should be going out with Sam Darnold everywhere, forming a protective pocket to keep him away from drunken college girlz gone wild

this isn't his fault. He's just an adult with free will and the capability to make decisions.  

meanwhile, there are legions of MONO crazed millennials, all sweaty, bare midriffs, just throwing themselves at the starting QB of the New York Jets all the time

it's the new feminism. 

how can we blame a simple USC qb from the sleepy countryside of Capistrano Beach? They don't have hot girls there. He didn't know how to act around them. 

so I ask you, fellow Jet fan, where was Ryan Kalil when all this happened? Where was Kelvin Beachum? These guys are supposed to protect the quarterback and have his back. Blitz pickup means Uber pickup and be his wingman all night. it's in the contract.  

Where were the backup qbs? Trevor Simean is supposed to be taking all the heat in the presesason. The heat meaning 19 year old co-eds running a constant low-grade fever

where was Woody Johnson? wait actually I know where he is, let's leave him there 

bottom line this wasn't Sam's fault. the organization let him down

and to a larger extent, a couple million years of human evolution too

Right, so Darnold should do he mono spot test on every girl he kisses even on say a normal date. Perhaps he shouldn't date until after his career is over. 

Your ignorance regarding the disease is amazing really. It lays dormant and anyone who has ever had it can spread it to those who haven't. A large majority of infections occur during childhood (this usually manifests as a cold or sometimes had no symptoms when it occurs early in life) so by the time people reach adulthood almost 95% of people have been infected and are carriers. 

This isn't a hot take, it's an uniformed one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Your ignorance regarding the disease is amazing really. It lays dormant and anyone who has ever had it can spread it to those who haven't. 

It's not measles. he got it being dumb

1 hour ago, joewilly said:

KRL offered a very structured & informative post. KRL did not blame Q Williams for ankle.

For you to blame Sam for MONO is ridiculous. You do know it can be contracted in other ways than kissing right? Like sharing drink or a dessert with a spoon.

Yes the old dessert spoon excuse.

you guys sound like the world's worst divorce lawyers

how did my client get Mono? funny story. Have you ever heard of the DRINKING GLASS! 

thanks Perry Mason.

KRL made a post saying even when Darnold got back he cant be expected to fix these issues

when the team drafted Darnold at 3 overall, using multiple seconds to move up 3 spots, it was an implicit understanding Sam could fix ALL THE PROBLEMS, just by being Sam

you don't draft Gary the Game Manager who needs a perfect OL and great weaponz at 3 overall.

meanwhile Quinnen (also 3 overall) has a high ankle sprain. We saw it happen. he better get his ass on the field AMIRITE

double standard 

I wish we had tape of Sam's injury 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

This is going well. It’s going to be a total sh*t show in here for some time.

Mystic Meg predicts more bans, and more melt downs over the next few weeks.

Darnold is very quickly becoming a hate figure, and not a hero to some.

If he fails this place will become mega toxic very quickly.

Image result for new york jets gas mask pics

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

For all of the talk of the defense being week without Mosley, this defense held the Pats to their lowest score to date at their home and produced 14 points - so yeah, it will be great to get him back, but offense is where we need the most work..

GW has had his unit ready to play for the most part so far gotta give him credit for that.......getting CJ and Q back is a huge lift

But I agree with you about offense.....is this what we hired an Offensive coach for? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Bye week home work attention Adam Gase remove the wildcat from the playbook it isn't working. 

If they would throw one out of the wildcat maybe you would give coaches something to think about but no one is fooled with the direct snap to Bell, and no one cares about the Bell/Montgomery read option 

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

did you hear?

and ya know what else? 

back to opinion mode:

Check back in a month when Darnold is tearing it up and everyone is feeling good again. Also, step in from the ledge.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheMo said:

Measles... Great analogy @bitonti except for the fact that it's nothing like mono. So you want your players to not kiss women is what I'm getting. Mono isn't restricted to a specific type of woman. You're literally making this entire scenario up. 

they can kiss women (or men)

JUST KISS CLEAN ONES 

maybe get a damn wife like all the other monks in the league 

this is professional sports he's the key employee on a 150 million dollar payroll

apparently expecting the QB1 to have any responsibility for his actions is bananas talk

and the MADE UP scenario is this one where Sam Darnold is doing everything correctly and a drinking glass got him sick

face facts he's just another USC QB and all they care about is OPP 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

would you like to bet money on that? 

i'm done with hopeful expectations with the NY Jets 

Betting money illegally with people I have never met on the internet is so 2004. FanDuel is open for business in NJ, I will do my betting there.

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, bitonti said:

I actually heard a fan say "the line sucks so bad, Darnold getting mono is a blessing" 

like him not playing somehow protects his precious potential

so... many... excuses 

meanwhile KRL blaming Quinnen for getting a high ankle sprain and everyone calls it the post of the year 

this is the NFL

there's no excuse for anything.

everything that happens to a player even if it's not their fault IS THEIR FAULT

IF we can blame Q for an ankle sprain I'm blaming Sam Darnold for his life choices

and while we are at it Chris Herndon is a disgrace too

Ya mad? ? 

On 9/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, bitonti said:

You're GD right there's more... 13 weeks more.

I thought about it and everyone else is right

this whole Sam getting MONO thing IS the offensive line's fault 

they should be going out with Sam Darnold everywhere, forming a protective pocket to keep him away from drunken college girlz gone wild

this isn't his fault. He's just an adult with free will and the capability to make decisions.  

meanwhile, there are legions of MONO crazed millennials, all sweaty, bare midriffs, just throwing themselves at the starting QB of the New York Jets all the time

it's the new feminism. 

how can we blame a simple USC qb from the sleepy countryside of Capistrano Beach? They don't have hot girls there. He didn't know how to act around them. 

so I ask you, fellow Jet fan, where was Ryan Kalil when all this happened? Where was Kelvin Beachum? These guys are supposed to protect the quarterback and have his back. Blitz pickup means Uber pickup and be his wingman all night. it's in the contract.  

Where were the backup qbs? Trevor Simean is supposed to be taking all the heat in the presesason. The heat meaning 19 year old co-eds running a constant low-grade fever

where was Woody Johnson? wait actually I know where he is, let's leave him there 

bottom line this wasn't Sam's fault. the organization let him down

and to a larger extent, a couple million years of human evolution too

Not bad... Not entirely but I sort of agree with this... Where is the OL Jets community propping Darnold up. 

Quite frankly, I would IR Sam for the rest of the season for two reasons: (1) from a medical standpoint, he may not have recovered fully if he plays in the Eagles game ... if his spleen ruptures or he has other complications from the mono as a result of playing, then that's the end; (2) with this awful, crappy, dysfunctional, and inept OL, Sam could get hurt big time and then, that's the end. Barring a miracle, this season is lost anyway, so give the kid time to recover fully from a potentially life-threatening illness, and protect him from injury caused by or attributable to his own OL. Those will help to ensure that he's back to full strength next season ... hopefully.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 9/23/2019 at 3:22 PM, TheMo said:

Right, so Darnold should do he mono spot test on every girl he kisses even on say a normal date. Perhaps he shouldn't date until after his career is over. 

Your ignorance regarding the disease is amazing really. It lays dormant and anyone who has ever had it can spread it to those who haven't. A large majority of infections occur during childhood (this usually manifests as a cold or sometimes had no symptoms when it occurs early in life) so by the time people reach adulthood almost 95% of people have been infected and are carriers. 

This isn't a hot take, it's an uniformed one. 

Even so... When Mangold was here all the OL hung out together with their QBs... You don't hear of any of that here... Now with a Young QB that needs a mentor... Dispite his ignorance towards Mono... There is something missing there that former QBs had. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Quite frankly, I would IR Sam for the rest of the season for two reasons: (1) from a medical standpoint, he may not have recovered fully if he plays in the Eagles game ... if his spleen ruptures or he has other complications from the mono as a result of playing, then that's the end; (2) with this awful, crappy, dysfunctional, and inept OL, Sam could get hurt big time and then, that's the end. Barring a miracle, this season is lost anyway, so give the kid time to recover fully from a potentially life-threatening illness, and protect him from injury caused by or attributable to his own OL. That will help to ensure that he's back to full strength next season ... hopefully.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Quite frankly, I would IR Sam for the rest of the season for two reasons: (1) from a medical standpoint, he may not have recovered fully if he plays in the Eagles game ... if his spleen ruptures or he has other complications from the mono as a result of playing, then that's the end; (2) with this awful, crappy, dysfunctional, and inept OL, Sam could get hurt big time and then, that's the end. This season is lost anyway, so give the kid time to recover fully from a potentially life-threatening illness, and protect him from injury caused or attributable to his own OL. Those will help to ensure that he's back to full strength next season ... hopefully.

Go away... No QB is going to improve being IRed... 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The doctor's will be ****ed by the NFLPA, lawyers, Commissioner., etc. Etc. If they **** this up... No doctor is going to put his life on the line if they had Concerns about his spleen

I've heard several doctors claim that his type of condition is extremely serious, and that he should be put on ice for the remainder of the season. As I recall, the NFL and its medical professionals used to downplay the seriousness of concussions and other head injuries. Look how that turned out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Most of our HC's (Mangini, Rex, Herm) always went to work during the bye. It showed in that the team put up a much better fight after the bye. If Gases team comes out flat and being 0-3 already, this could result in much more momentum for the Fire Gase crowd.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

I've heard several doctors claim that his type of condition is extremely serious, and that he should be put on ice for the remainder of the season. As I recall, the NFL and its medical professionals used to downplay the seriousness of concussions and other head injuries. Look how that turned out.  

1 doctor said that and many others said 21-28 day window for spleen rupture after 28 days outside of extremely rare cases he should be good to go... They monitor him daily with better care than 98% of the country

• Thumb Down 1

Darnold is fine.  You drama queens are unreal.  Watch his post game vid after the bills.  Thats not someone whos seriosly ill.  Its not someone with the common cold.

Darnold is fine.  Its been in the plans for weeks hes playing after the bye.

This is ryan tannehill all over again.  Dolphin fans had 7 years of excuses.

Darnold is fine, this jets team is fine.  They are playing one of the worst secondaries in the league next sunday.

No excuses.  Execute the offense and score points.

• Thumb Down 2