Question for conspiracey theorists

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Yes, the Jets are fabricating the whole story just so they can sit Darnold and play Luke Falk.  So glad you figured it all out for us.

I was thinking more like the oline was way behind where they need to be.  Lets not get sam killed.  Lets come up w/ a slight case of mono so he misses the next 3 weeks and give the line more time to gel.

I not even saying this isnt a great move by the coaching staff.  But the guy doing that inteview doesnt fit the description of mono, 104 degree fever just passed out in locker room due to exhaustion.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I was thinking more like the oline was way behind where they need to be.  Lets not get sam killed.  Lets come up w/ a slight case of mono so he misses the next 3 weeks and give the line more time to gel.

I not even saying this isnt a great move by the coaching staff.  But the guy doing that inteview doesnt fit the description of mono, 104 degree fever just passed out in locker room due to exhaustion.

If any of that were correct, then Darnold would sit for the whole season.  He should be back by mid/late October.  The oline is not going to get much better during this time season.  That's for Douglas to work on in the off season.  

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

IMG_20190913_193504.jpg.1a809d7b93cc2ef3ffefde23e24f822c.jpg

"But the guy doing that inteview doesnt fit the description of mono, 104 degree fever just passed out in locker room due to exhaustion."

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

my cousin is a doctor and he said Darnold doesnt have mono at all (you can tell just by looking at the person)

In all seriousness, when I had mono, you would have had no idea just by looking at me.  I was walking around with a 104° fever and a sore throat just fine.

F*cky illness.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If any of that were correct, then Darnold would sit for the whole season.  He should be back by mid/late October.  The oline is not going to get much better during this time season.  That's for Douglas to work on in the off season.  

I disagree.  2 full games and a bye week would be huge for a line that has never played together and a center who is not back from retirement.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, offensive lines cant gel over a few games.  You sir are a football genius.

Are you on drugs? You are actually claiming that the Jets have fabricated a serious illness for the face of their franchise in order to help an incompetent OL gel for 7 weeks?  Wow.  Just wow.  You are really off the deep end.

And you dare to call anyone else a "genius"?  Too funny. I think maybe you accidentally sat on your pointy tinfoil hat.  "It was a one in a million shot doc!" - Frank Costanza

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes, the Jets are fabricating the whole story just so they can sit Darnold and play Luke Falk.  So glad you figured it all out for us.

Not to play Luke Falk (who wasn't even on the roster), but to utilize veteran Trevor Siemian while achieving another more vital goal.

That being:  To protect Darnold during the "ultra-hard" stretch while the cobbled together O-line presumably gets in sync, the O figures itself out, and to get past the time when Chris Herndon is suspended.

The fact it also gives Gase (and Douglas) a complete pass on year one, a year when they're mostly stuck with previous administration players, is just a bonus for those two (Gase mostly).

I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory, and this one is obvious.  Sam got his ass beat terribly week 1 behind that shoddy  line.  If Sam had Mono, a goodly number of doctors have said he shouldn't play at all in 2019.  Sam is not some magic healer who gets over mono faster than any human being alive.  He's just a guy, like any other guy, and any other guy gets Mono on week one of the season, he's not going to get medically cleared to play till week 6 or so, if that.

And lets not pretend teams and team Docs don't fudge injury reports.  They do it all the time.

If Sam is back and looks 100% for Phili, tin foil hats aren't that out of place.  It certainly makes for an interesting conspiracy theory, albeit not a terribly far stretch of one.

Do I believe it? :-k  No, I don't, lol ?, but it would be one of the least surprising things ever if it were true tbqh.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Not to play Luke Falk (who wasn't even on the roster), but to utilize veteran Trevor Siemian while achieving another more vital goal.

That being:  To protect Darnold during the "ultra-hard" stretch while the cobbled together O-line presumably gets in sync, the O figures itself out, and to get past the time when Chris Herndon is suspended.

The fact it also gives Gase (and Douglas) a complete pass on year one, a year when they're mostly stuck with previous administration players, is just a bonus for those two (Gase mostly).

I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory, and this one is obvious.  Sam got his ass beat terribly week 1 behind that shoddy  line.  If Sam had Mono, a goodly number of doctors have said he shouldn't play at all in 2019.  Sam is not some magic healer who gets over mono faster than any human being alive.  He's just a guy, like any other guy, and any other guy gets Mono on week one of the season, he's not going to get medically cleared to play till week 6 or so, if that.

And lets not pretend teams and team Docs don't fudge injury reports.  They do it all the time.

If Sam is back and looks 100% for Phili, tin foil hats aren't that out of place.  It certainly makes for an interesting conspiracy theory, albeit not a terribly far stretch of one.

Do I believe it?  No, I don't, lol, but it would be one of the least surprising things ever if it were true tbqh.

utter nonsense.

f019d424bc20e4395c28b4b9358af724.jpg

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do I believe it?  No, I don't, lol, but it would be one of the least surprising things ever if it were true tbqh.

A mature respnse.  Thank you.