Rex: Daniel Jones is the best QB in NY (Rex merged)

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Lets be fair here. As someone who listened to everyone moan about Darnold having no weapons, and a bad OL during his entire rookie season, how do you not give Jones the same benefit?

He's played exactly one quarter of football with Saquon Barkley, and the backup RB got hurt yesterday. He had no running game at all, his OL is as bad as the Jets was last year. All this against a very good Viking defense.

Even with that, you're lying if you say the kid hasn't looked good. He's only played 3 games (won 2), and yeah, he's going to mistakes, but that's what rookie QBs do quite often. Nobody wants me to bring up Darnold's numbers when he sat out last year again, do they?

The Giants, like the Jets, aren't a very good team. Jones isn't going to take them to the playoffs this year, their season is all about him getting better over the course of it. Sound familiar? 

You really have a hard on for Darnold, huh?

• Sympathy 1

On 9/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, nyjunc said:

The bills are not NY so Allen isn't involved in this discussion.

Jones looked great yesterday with less than an offense around him that overrated Eli had but I still feel great about Sam.  It sucks to see the Giants may have a good one but as long as Sam is ok that's all that matters

Allen/the Bills are literally the only quarterback/team in NY... so yes he is.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

You really have a hard on for Darnold, huh?

Not at all. I really don't. I just haven't seen what you guys have. Yet. I think he's a promising young QB, but nothing he's done so far has wowed me.

Obviously I'm too hard on him because you're not the only one who thinks that, and that's my fault.. The funny thing is, you'll never see me be the guy who says ANY player stinks, or is a bum. I have too much respect for them for having gotten where they are. 

I guess with Darnold, being "slow with praise" comes off badly to people here. I can honestly tell you though there isn't a single player in any sport I have "a hard on for". That's the truth.

That said, what did I say bad about him here, except to mention that like every other rookie he struggled at times. With him it was at the beginning of his first year. Is that really unfair?

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

I shouldn't have to tell you the giants wr's are better and the OL is like the hogs compared to the Jets. But carry on.

You don’t seem to be very familiar with the expression “hard on” in the context that I was using it. lol

but carry on 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m guessing he’s seen a map and already knows NYC isn’t in NJ. 

I'm hoping he's intelligent enough to know that East Rutherford, NJ is in the NYC metro area and I believe even closer to NYC than Orchard Park is to Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

You know threads like this, especially when they pop up after said QB stunk up a game kind on shows you his insecure Jets fans are about Darnold. 

Personally anyone that feels we need to compare Sam to Jones is in need of a reality check. The guy is good but when you have had a statue as your QB for the past decade, getti g someone who is mobile is a big deal, hence the hype bit I don't  think anyo.e besides Giants fans are comparing the two and we really don't  need to talk about him

That said, we should totally have more Baker "The Mouth' Mayfield threads.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm hoping he's intelligent enough to know that East Rutherford, NJ is in the NYC metro area and I believe even closer to NYC than Orchard Park is to Buffalo.

I’m sure he’s intelligent enough to know Orchard Park is in the state of NY, NYC is in the state of NY and East Rutherford isn’t. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m sure he’s intelligent enough to know Orchard Park is in the state of NY, NYC is in the state of NY and East Rutherford isn’t. 

Well then he must be smart enough to realize "New York" represents NYC and the NYC area and not a team that is closer to Canada than NYC.

Lets be fair here. As someone who listened to everyone moan about Darnold having no weapons, and a bad OL during his entire rookie season, how do you not give Jones the same benefit?
He's played exactly one quarter of football with Saquon Barkley, and the backup RB got hurt yesterday. He had no running game at all, his OL is as bad as the Jets was last year. All this against a very good Viking defense.
Even with that, you're lying if you say the kid hasn't looked good. He's only played 3 games (won 2), and yeah, he's going to mistakes, but that's what rookie QBs do quite often. Nobody wants me to bring up Darnold's numbers when he sat out last year again, do they?
The Giants, like the Jets, aren't a very good team. Jones isn't going to take them to the playoffs this year, their season is all about him getting better over the course of it. Sound familiar? 

Wait, weren’t some stating the same for Sam last year? But with the added, OC sucked...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As bad as yesterday was for Jones, you have to be excited as a Giants fan. Jones has a nice deep ball, shows the ability to go through progressions, is mobile and throws a catchable ball. He’s also not afraid to sling it.

These are all pretty much the reasons I’m excited about Darnold. Jones has shown to have a better deep ball. And Darnold has shown to be able to throw accurately in weird angles (only two other QBs do this well Mahomes and Rodgers unless I’m missing someone). Both are gamers. Both fanbases should be excited.

The Bills have a gamer as well. But I think Allen’s lack of accuracy is going to hold him back. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Loved jones yesterday.  Kid was overmatched but never backed down and kept attacking.  Hes special.  Will learn alot from yesterdays game.

We get it. Your a Giants fan. The kid played as good as you can hope in that situation and his coach let him ball out. I hope Adam cuckold Gase gives Sam the same chances tomorrow. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Just realized Sam and Danny we’re born 9 days apart. Another point of comparison, Darnold looked better with just as poor as supporting cast against these NE Pats. 

Are you talking about last seasons final game?

I'm trying to remember the first matchup, but I honestly can't. I'll have to look it up and see if that jogs my memory. 

31 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Just realized Sam and Danny we’re born 9 days apart. Another point of comparison, Darnold looked better with just as poor as supporting cast against these NE Pats. 

People forget how young Darnold is...  you'd think that him getting mono would have been an obvious reminder ...

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Are you talking about last seasons final game?

I'm trying to remember the first matchup, but I honestly can't. I'll have to look it up and see if that jogs my memory. 

Yes. Last seasons final game. This is pretty much the same Pats D that won them the Super Bowl. The only difference is that the Pats had Trey Flowers last year.

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Danny Dimes INT's LMFAO all my neighbors and friends NY Giants fans are silent today and non have any NY Giants gear on I wear my NY Jets hat win or lose. 

The Giants fans I know have quite a different take.

They're pretty happy with the effort they saw last night from their defense, and they're giving Jones a pass considering he was missing his top 2 RBs and his best two WRs and who and where they were playing.

It was his 4th game.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

The Giants fans I know have quite a different take.

They're pretty happy with the effort they saw last night from their defense, and they're giving Jones a pass considering he was missing his top 2 RBs and his best two WRs and who and where they were playing.

It was his 4th game.

Strange.  I thought we weren't allowed to make any excuses for young QB's around here.