Rex: Daniel Jones is the best QB in NY (Rex merged)

GeraldSowell33

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Unless you live in the metro area the Jets aren’t a local team either but they’re still the only NY team. The Jets and Giants should be the Metropolitan Jets/Giants or Tri State Jets/Giants. 

The Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, rangers, Knicks all represent the NYC metro area.  The fanbases are mostly from NYC, northern NJ, southern CT, NYS suburbs in southern NY and long island.  

The buffalo Bills are farther away than the Patriots, eagles, Ravens, redskins

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He was good but he still got sacked 5 times which is a telling stat on any Qb. It almost lost them the game. 

when your star running back gets hurt and wayne gallman is in the backfield yes teams will bring the house at you and everybody knows the giants have a bad o line to his credit he was balling and ran for two tds as well-if sam had a game like that people would be singing his praises long and loud-it is just one game he could revert to what people thought he was coming out of college but he sure looked damn good yesterday-to the giants credit they have some nice weapons around him too-sheppard engram and tate is a trio  I would kill for over our scrubs of robby crowder and herndon

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

That’s Darnold’s stat line going toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers last year.

You mean Darnold going toe to toe with the Packer's Defense, right?

I prefer looking at the whole career of the Darnold Draft Class as a whole:

Baker Mayfield - 16 Starts, 7-9 record, 372 for 595 (62.5%) for 4,530 Yards, 30 TD's, 19 INT's, 130 Rush Yards, 0 Rush TD, Sacked 36 Times, 89.4 Rating

Sam Darnold - 14 Starts, 4-10 record, 267 for 455 (58.7%) for 3,040 Yards, 18 TD's, 15 INT's, 138 Rush Yards, 1 Rush TD, Sacked 34 Times, 78.3 Rating

Josh Allen - 14 Starts, 8-6 record, 235 for 423 (55.6%) for 2,824 Yards, 13 TD's, 15 INT's, 736 Rush Yards, 10 Rush TD's,  Sacked 33 Times, 71.7 Rating

Josh Rosen - 13 Starts, 3-11 record, 243 for 453 (53.6%) for 2,580 Yards, 11 TD's, 16 INT's, 151 Rush Yards, 0 Rush TD's, Sacked 52 Times, 63.9 Rating

Lamar Jackson - 10 Starts, 8-2 record, 162 for 270 (60.0% for 2,064 Yards, 13 TD's, 3 INT's, 867 Rush Yards, 8 Rush TD's, Sacked 22 Times, 95.4 Rating

Knowing each player's situation, and looking over it as a whole, right now today Darnold looks like the #4 QB in this group, behind Jackson (#1), Mayfield (#2) and Allen (#3).  The only player he's clearly better than is Rosen so far.

Lot of time left in all their careers, and in this current season, so we'll see how this group goes moving forward.  But this is where we stand today.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, EdReed22 said:

Allen beat the Jets he is on the list.

Allen isn't eligible, this is for New York teams messing NYC area teams.  There are only 2 of those.  When the Jets and Giants change their names to the New York State Jets and Giants then he can be included

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, rangers, Knicks all represent the NYC metro area.  The fanbases are mostly from NYC, northern NJ, southern CT, NYS suburbs in southern NY and long island.  

The buffalo Bills are farther away than the Patriots, eagles, Ravens, redskins

Buffalo is still in NY and the Giants and Jets are still in NJ. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Buffalo is still in NY and the Giants and Jets are still in NJ. 

And Buffalo has nothing to do with the NYC area which is what the Jets and Giants are named after.  It boggles my mind that people do not understand this.

The Jets and Giants play in NYC metro area just like the bills play in the Buffalo metro area (they play in Orchard Park, NY not Buffalo)

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The bills are not NY so Allen isn't involved in this discussion.

Jones looked great yesterday with less than an offense around him that overrated Eli had but I still feel great about Sam.  It sucks to see the Giants may have a good one but as long as Sam is ok that's all that matters

Technically the Bills are the ONLY team in NY.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The bills are not NY so Allen isn't involved in this discussion.

Jones looked great yesterday with less than an offense around him that overrated Eli had but I still feel great about Sam.  It sucks to see the Giants may have a good one but as long as Sam is ok that's all that matters

Buffalo isn't in NY?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You mean Darnold going toe to toe with the Packer's Defense, right?

I prefer looking at the whole career of the Darnold Draft Class as a whole:

Baker Mayfield - 16 Starts, 7-9 record, 372 for 595 (62.5%) for 4,530 Yards, 30 TD's, 19 INT's, 130 Rush Yards, 0 Rush TD, Sacked 36 Times, 89.4 Rating

Sam Darnold - 14 Starts, 4-10 record, 267 for 455 (58.7%) for 3,040 Yards, 18 TD's, 15 INT's, 138 Rush Yards, 1 Rush TD, Sacked 34 Times, 78.3 Rating

Josh Allen - 14 Starts, 8-6 record, 235 for 423 (55.6%) for 2,824 Yards, 13 TD's, 15 INT's, 736 Rush Yards, 10 Rush TD's,  Sacked 33 Times, 71.7 Rating

Josh Rosen - 13 Starts, 3-11 record, 243 for 453 (53.6%) for 2,580 Yards, 11 TD's, 16 INT's, 151 Rush Yards, 0 Rush TD's, Sacked 52 Times, 63.9 Rating

Lamar Jackson - 10 Starts, 8-2 record, 162 for 270 (60.0% for 2,064 Yards, 13 TD's, 3 INT's, 867 Rush Yards, 8 Rush TD's, Sacked 22 Times, 95.4 Rating

Knowing each player's situation, and looking over it as a whole, right now today Darnold looks like the #4 QB in this group, behind Jackson (#1), Mayfield (#2) and Allen (#3).  The only player he's clearly better than is Rosen so far.

Lot of time left in all their careers, and in this current season, so we'll see how this group goes moving forward.  But this is where we stand today.

Yes the Packers defense. Just as Jones was going against the Buccaneers defense. The point of the comparison was more the shootout nature of the games, and the fact that Aaron Rodgers would get the ball coming off any Darnold mistake vs Jameis Winston getting the ball coming off any Jones mistake.

As for the rest of your post, sure you can put Darnold at 4 if you like (although I would strongly disagree on Josh Allen, who has not impressed me at all and I’ve watched the entirety of all 3 of his games so far this year). I don’t really care where they rank today and to me it’s not much of an argument worth having considering Darnold has only played one game this year and it was against a top 3-5 defense where he was more likely than not suffering from the beginning effects of a virus that’s caused him to miss at least the first month of the season. Again, the whole sample size thing, which is more the point.

I don’t think Darnold is an all-pro based off the end of last season any more than I think Mayfield sucks because of the beginning of this season. I’ve seen enough to know they have the potential to be the guy and their teams shouldn’t be looking for a new guy just yet. I haven’t seen enough to tell you for sure if they ARE the guy or where they’ll rank. And I’m certainly not going to make sweeping judgments off of ONE game. Let the kids play.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

And Buffalo has nothing to do with the NYC area which is what the Jets and Giants are named after.  It boggles my mind that people do not understand this.

The Jets and Giants play in NYC metro area just like the bills play in the Buffalo metro area (they play in Orchard Park, NY not Buffalo)

Orchard Park IS in NYS. The Bills and Allen are the only team that plays in New York State. It boggles my mind that you do not get this.

36 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Technically the Bills are the ONLY team in NY.

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Buffalo isn't in NY?

17 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Orchard Park IS in NYS. The Bills and Allen are the only team that plays in New York State. It boggles my mind that you do not get this.

You guys are just messing with me now, right?  There no way an adult cannot get the fact that New York represents NYC not NYS.  

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Orchard Park is in New York. 

The Giants and the Jets are called the New York Giants and New York Jets because they played in New York until they moved to NJ.  If they always played in New Jersey they would be called the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Jets. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Orchard Park is in New York. 

The Giants and the Jets are called the New York Giants and New York Jets because they played in New York until they moved to NJ.  If they always played in New Jersey they would be called the New Jersey Giants and the New Jersey Jets. 

You are confused, they were not called "New York" because they played in New York State, it was because they played and represented NYC.  They still represent NYC and they play a few miles from NYC.

4 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He looked good out there yesterday. But He did play the bucs who are downright terrible. I'd like to see how he does vs the Redskins, Vikings and Pats before any silly proclamations like this

This. If Bowles had one accomplishment during his tenure at the jets it was to make rookie QBs look good. Of course they were always the other team's rookies, but ...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

You guys are just messing with me now, right?  There no way an adult cannot get the fact that New York represents NYC not NYS.  

Errr No. Time for you to break out the Atlas. It's a pity because of that a$$ Sheldon Silver the Jets would have there own stadium in NYC.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Right. When my girlfriend  sends her next care package of food, clothes and toiletries  to her son who goes to Albany, I'll tell her not to write Albany NY on the box because they will think it's a Manhattan  address. 

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You are confused, they were not called "New York" because they played in New York State, it was because they played and represented NYC.  They still represent NYC and they play a few miles from NYC.

I really don't  think that's  the point. Didn't  you say Allen doesn't  play in NY? That isn't  true. They don't  play in the bay Metro area but neither do the jets or Giants. Go try telling someone who lives in East Rutherford  they live in the NU Metro area. They will probably look at you like you're from Mars