Would you rather have Jets or Giants 1st Round picks from 2018 & 2019?

jetstream23

Which would you rather have?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have?

• Jets 1st rounders - Sam Darnold and Quinnen Williams
    • Giants 1st rounders - Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Not voting. Too early, dumb poll. 

Too early?  I love these kinds of answers.  You basically want the answer first and then you vote?  Hint:  The GMs don't get to see the 10-year NFL career of the prospect before drafting him.  This question is based on the here and now.

But okay, I'll get something that works better for you.  Who would you rather have, Walter Payton or Blair Thomas?  8-)

Just promise that you'll come back to this thread in 5 years and give your vote.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Too early?  I love these kinds of answers.  You basically want the answer first and then you vote?  Hint:  The GMs don't get to see the 10-year NFL career of the prospect before drafting him.  This question is based on the here and now.

But okay, I'll get something that works better for you.  Who would you rather have, Walter Payton or Blair Thomas?  8-)

Just promise that you'll come back to this thread in 5 years and give your vote.

If I needed a back, I'd go with Blair Thomas today.  He's alive.  Sweetness sadly passed away.

But I get your point.  I was not a fan of the QW pick.  At all.  But I'd still stick with these picks.  I have high hopes for Darnold.  I think Jones will be an excellent QB as well.  I just think Darnold has a higher ceiling.  I mean... he actually fooled us into thinking the OL wasn't so bad last season.  That is remarkable. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

If I needed a back, I'd go with Blair Thomas today.  He's alive.  Sweetness sadly passed away.

But I get your point.  I was not a fan of the QW pick.  At all.  But I'd still stick with these picks.  I have high hopes for Darnold.  I think Jones will be an excellent QB as well.  I just think Darnold has a higher ceiling.  I mean... he actually fooled us into thinking the OL wasn't so bad last season.  That is remarkable. 

That's thread-winning commentary right there.  And I agree on both counts.

Jones comes into the league more polished and pro-ready, but Darnold has the higher ceiling IMO.  As to the OLine, it's amazing it even functioned in Week 1 vs. the Bills....but maybe it didn't.  It was likely just Sam hiding the OLine's problems.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Can we wait a season to answer? 

Can we wait until one of the 4 players in question has played more than like half of a game? 

Why not just wait until their careers are over to vote?

Seriously, we discuss prospects in the Draft forum all the time.  I heard 79 different arguments for and against Quinnen Williams vs. Ed Oliver, without either ever stepping on the NFL field yet.  But after seeing a full season of Sam Darnold and Saquon, and a little of Quinnen and Jones at the NFL level people want to wait until the answer is completely obvious in order to vote???

We can all vote in 10 years and it will be 100% either one way or the other.  But that's not what this thread is about.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Delusional Homer Club - sam and quinnen

Any knowledgeable football fan - barkley and jones

Maybe Jones will be as good as you predicted Stidham would when he played?  Elite.  Adams agrees

More when you predicted, guaranteed, Johnny Manziel would reinvent the position, be elite.  

Bell is self centered, selfish whatever who is a LR cancer that would ruin the LR 

Knowledgable football fans, lol, tell us more

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's thread-winning commentary right there.  And I agree on both counts.

Jones comes into the league more polished and pro-ready, but Darnold has the higher ceiling IMO.  As to the OLine, it's amazing it even functioned in Week 1 vs. the Bills....but maybe it didn't.  It was likely just Sam hiding the OLine's problems.

The Giants OL is decent Nate Solder is the weak link but all those players were brought in via the draft, free agency,UDFA,trades here OL is not a priority. 

I thought when JD took over our OL would have been gutted instead he signed a guy that should have stayed retired. 

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Seriously, we discuss prospects in the Draft forum all the time.  I heard 79 different arguments for and against Quinnen Williams vs. Ed Oliver, without either ever stepping on the NFL field yet.  But after seeing a full season of Sam Darnold and Saquon, and a little of Quinnen and Jones at the NFL level people want to wait until the answer is completely obvious in order to vote???

We can all vote in 10 years and it will be 100% either one way or the other.  But that's not what this thread is about.

I’m not expecting people to wait until the answer is “completely obvious,” but I just don’t think this is all that interesting, considering that we haven’t even seen one of these guys play a full game. 

But carry on  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe Jones will be as good as you predicted Stidham when he played?  

More when you predicted, guaranteed, Johnny Manziel would reinvent the position, be elite.  Bell is self centered, selfish whatever who is a LR cancer

Knowledgable football fans, lol

Oooooooooooo I almost forgot about that one.

Thanks for adding it to my list!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Giants OL is decent Nate Solder is the weak link but all those players were brought in via the draft, free agency,UDFA,trades here OL is not a priority. 

I thought when JD took over our OL would have been gutted instead he signed a guy that should have stayed retired. 

Think by the time he came gutting it was no longer an option. I'll judge him on next draft/off-season

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gutted the OL

Hired after the draft?

After Free agency was long over?

You thought that would happen?

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You’re not allowed to evaluate draft picks for 3 years, at which point making evaluations is “stating the obvious” and “beating a dead horse.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

@jetstream23 I think the issue is why not ask this after the preseason? Asking it after one lights out game by Jones seems a bit ridiculous and will only Garner reactionary commentary. I'm not saying three seasons etc. But maybe like 4 games even. I mean at this point darnold has a 4g streak that was as good if not better than Jones 1g. For now I'd go with Jets if only because Darnold has the better flash of greatness as of now. QB > RB I might even argue DT>RB because of longevity. Hard to say, depends on how long Barkley can maintain his otherworldly level. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TheMo said:

@jetstream23 I think the issue is why not ask this after the preseason? Asking it after one lights out game by Jones seems a bit ridiculous and will only Garner reactionary commentary. I'm not saying three seasons etc. But maybe like 4 games even. I mean at this point darnold has a 4g streak that was as good if not better than Jones 1g. For now I'd go with Jets if only because Darnold has the better flash of greatness as of now. QB > RB I might even argue DT>RB because of longevity. Hard to say, depends on how long Barkley can maintain his otherworldly level. 

I get it....and no one is being forced to vote.  I'd assume those who can't or don't want to form an educated opinion at this point simply won't vote.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Scour teams practice squads other teams benches there has to better out there than whats here. 

Ok, in other words, guess about players that aren’t good enough to make a roster, pay them, hand them a starting job oh and cut players just to do something 

Never will happen here or anywhere else