No One Could Succeed Behind This OL...

DMan77

Give a team a prime Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and Barry Sanders. Throw in Shannon Sharpe at TE. Give them a coaching staff of Lombardi, Landry, and Noll... They would all struggle behind this offensive line.

I see the number of threads blaming Gase, or the playcalling, or the QBs, or the WRs, or the defense, or a lack of skill player talent... And of course they're not completely off the hook. Those are issues and we all know it... But their failures are symptoms of the bigger problem; and that's the OL. You can't get your best players involved and you can't come up with an interesting offensive play set if your QB only has a half second to throw, and your RB can't run it inside. You can't succeed when your opponent only needs to rush 3 to apply pressure or to blow up running plays.

I'm actually scared for Darnold to come back and to try and play behind this line... I don't know what the solution is at this point. The line looks over-matched and/or lost on every play. Maybe they'll find some chemistry during the bye? Maybe JD finds a willing trade partner to help boost the line? I don't know, but I don't expect this team to succeed at all, even at full strength, if that line doesn't get decidedly better, fast. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I am developing a fear that our offense is too complicated and involves too many in-action reads by the WRs - kinda like Joe Walton's offense. Such an offense requires intelligent WRs and an Intelligent QB as well as all being on the same page when making the reads.  I feel like (and this applies to week 1 with Sam) the QB is dropping back and has no idea what patterns are being run because nobody is in sync.

17 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Give a team a prime Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and Barry Sanders. Throw in Shannon Sharpe at TE. Give them a coaching staff of Lombardi, Landry, and Noll... They would all struggle behind this offensive line.

I see the number of threads blaming Gase, or the playcalling, or the QBs, or the WRs, or the defense, or a lack of skill player talent... And of course they're not completely off the hook. Those are issues and we all know it... But their failures are symptoms of the bigger problem; and that's the OL. You can't get your best players involved and you can't come up with an interesting offensive play set if your QB only has a half second to throw, and your RB can't run it inside. You can't succeed when your opponent only needs to rush 3 to apply pressure or to blow up running plays.

I'm actually scared for Darnold to come back and to try and play behind this line... I don't know what the solution is at this point. The line looks over-matched and/or lost on every play. Maybe they'll find some chemistry during the bye? Maybe JD finds a willing trade partner to help boost the line? I don't know, but I don't expect this team to succeed at all, even at full strength, if that line doesn't get decidedly better, fast. 

Terrible Oline & a terrible pass rush. Its a recipe for disaster. On one side (Offense) there is zero time for a play to develop, on the other side (Defense), our secondary gets exposed because we don't pressure the QB. 

Because of horrible drafting & sh*tty free agent grabs this Jets team has no hosses. Parcells had Hosses, Mawae ect, Rex had a great oline for 2 years, Dbrick- Fanaca- Mangold- Brandon Moore- Damian Woody

HOLY SH*T!!!! Look at the Oline! OUR OLINE IS GARBAGE! OUR WRS? GARBAGE outside of Crowder & Herndon at TE is suspended. Macc was fired because he SUCKED & because of him, WE SUCK. 

11 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I am developing a fear that our offense is too complicated and involves too many in-action reads by the WRs - kinda like Joe Walton's offense. Such an offense requires intelligent WRs and an Intelligent QB as well as all being on the same page when making the reads.  I feel like (and this applies to week 1 with Sam) the QB is dropping back and has no idea what patterns are being run because nobody is in sync.

But if your rebuilding YOU DON'T dumb it down. You find guys that can execute the offense. That's why its called a rebuild & we need Olineman, CBs & WRs & a pass rusher. 

27 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Darnold moved the sticks last year with worse personnel on offense.  While there is plenty of blame to go around, This dumpster fire falls mainly at the feet of Gase.

I been saying this for weeks to my Sunday football crowd about 10-15 people and everyone is clueless and can't see it. 

Kalil must go.  We did just fine with Harrison the last 4 weeks of 2018.  Give Harrison a shot.  If Gase doesn't make the change, it's an indictment on him.  Stick a fork in Kalil, he's done.

Also Winters need to go.  Get Lewis in there, and try to work in Edoga.  We need to get into evaluation mode with this o-line because they are BY FAR the worst unit in football.

• Upvote 1