Bye Week Updates: Darnold, Williams, Mosley "Trending" toward Philly return

Lith

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rich Cimimi 

Sam Darnold says he's hoping to play vs Philly. His spleen has shrunk a little, he says, but still not where it needs to be for medical clearance. Beginning light cardio this week. Further tests next Monday. #Jets

Just two weeks ago, who could have possibly guessed that we would be sharing updates on Sam Darnold's spleen. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Lith said:

Much as I would love to see Darnold play in Phillly (especiallly since i am flying in for that game) I don't see the need to rush him back.  Give him an extra week to get in shape, make sure he is 100% before sending him back out there.

it sounds like he feels pretty good, but the primary remaining medical risk is the spleen.  it's not like he has an ankle sprain.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

You are a glutton for punishment my friend. 

Yeah.  Went to school in Philly (UGA was grad school).  Meeting an old college buddy for Penn - Dartmouth on Friday night and then the Jets on Sunday.  At least the Ivy League game should be entertaining; and its been about 30 years since I have been back for a game on campus, so that part of the trip should be fun.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it sounds like he feels pretty good, but the primary remaining medical risk is the spleen.  it's not like he has an ankle sprain.

I hear ya; and we have to trust the medical staff that they would not release him to play if there is any elevated risk of injury/illness.  But I am an insurance guy by profession; we are conservative and risk-averse by nature.

52 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rich Cimimi 

Sam Darnold says he's hoping to play vs Philly. His spleen has shrunk a little, he says, but still not where it needs to be for medical clearance. Beginning light cardio this week. Further tests next Monday. #Jets

I just hope the "light cardio" work doesn't irritate it (spleen).

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I would be surprised if Sam plays against the Eagles.  If he can’t realistically get cleared until next Monday for football activities, he’s not playing that following Sunday.   

He sat out 3 weeks not 3 months.  Hes been practing with these guys for months now.

If he can sling it around wed, thurs and fri he will be good to go.  I could see a little rust in the first drive or two but not much.

Eagles have one of the worst secondaries in the league.  I expect darnold to have his best day as a pro.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

the jets have a history of playing stinkers right after the by week if i recall.

Sound sense to have no practices when you have been complaining about people missing assignments.

They don't need any practice time, they are already too good :swing:

The Eagles game is going to be a great barometer as to how the rest of the season is going to go, with or without Darnold at the helm.  If Gase is unable to come up with a creative game plan that plays to the strengths of his offensive personnel after 2 weeks to prepare, I think we can expect the same dull and uninspired offense all year which will invariably be leading us to a ton of losses.

Not giving up on Gase, but so far he hasn't passed the eye test, figuratively and literally.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1