Bye Week Updates: Darnold, Williams, Mosley "Trending" toward Philly return

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Not practicing seems like a great way to get the OL issues fixed. 

If the deficiencies on the OL are primarily a lack of athleticism,  maybe film study is what will help more?  Practice isn't going to make their feet quicker. 

I don't know, man.  I hear you. 

But let's just see what happens.  If Gase is connected to the pulse of this team, and can be the HC going forward... we will know in the last 10 games, not the first 6.  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

the jets have a history of playing stinkers right after the by week if i recall.

Sound sense to have no practices when you have been complaining about people missing assignments.

New coach so the history after the bye for the Jets isn't applicable. I don't know what Gase's history after the bye has been in Miami.

Meetings though sounds like they can work on missed assignments. Team is the walking wounded right now. Darnold can't practice this week. So get them all fresh for week 5.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

New coach so the history after the bye for the Jets isn't applicable. I don't know what Gase's history after the bye has been in Miami.

Meetings though sounds like they can work on missed assignments. Team is the walking wounded right now. Darnold can't practice this week. So get them all fresh for week 5.

Ahhhhhhhh the lies us Jet Fans tell ourselves to get through the week. Classic.

On the bright side the Eagles did lose to the Lions last week so there's that.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Ahhhhhhhh the lies us Jet Fans tell ourselves to get through the week. Classic.

On the bright side the Eagles did lose to the Lions last week so there's that.

How am I lying to myself? What Eric Mangini did after the bye has no bearing on what Gase's teams will do after the bye.

I have not looked up Gase's numbers he could be 0 for 3, I have no idea. I do think the staff intact is pretty good and I like their chances of fixing the problems.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, JiF said:

Not practicing seems like a great way to get the OL issues fixed. 

Serious question - How much can a team practice during the bye week under the CBA guidelines. If I remember correctly, its limited to non pads walkthru type sessions. 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

How am I lying to myself? What Eric Mangini did after the bye has no bearing on what Gase's teams will do after the bye.

I have not looked up Gase's numbers he could be 0 for 3, I have no idea. I do think the staff intact is pretty good and I like their chances of fixing the problems.

Hey its cool. I just think the fact that this team regardless of the HC has gotten its clock cleaned after the bye more often than not and that, coupled with the fact we have never beaten the Eagles equals a Jet loss. Also I don't expect Darnold to play in that game as it is wishful thinking with Mono. Risking the health of Sam for one game is silly IMO and if Gase and his staff think its worth messing with a franchise QB to try and get a win they are nuts. It would be the same thing as when Rex put Sanchez back in that pre-season game IMO.