Gase Douglas: Want to send a message? Cut Leonard Williams

jetscrazey

He’s worth jack sh*t. I watched the Dline especially yesterday. Leonard Williams is just a total jag, he got out played by the rookie in Phillips. 
I think a fire sale is coming week 7.
Assets I could see us move:-
Lev Bell. (Second rounder).
Jamal Adams. (Second rounder).
Leonard Williams. (5th rounder).

What good would trading Jamal Adams for a second rounder or Leonard Williams for a fifth do us? Honestly do you think a guy we take in the fifth round has any real chance of giving us production? Is it worth trading away one of the better safeties in the league to draft a maybe in the second round who might be a safety to replace the one we lose?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I've never seen a worse combination of salary and production.  One of the most overrated players I've ever seen.  He's dead weight.  Use the roster spot to develop a young guy who might actually have a future on this team.

I know, I know: His bloated salary is guaranteed.  But who gives a crap?  He's a liability at this point and no team in their right mind is going to trade for him.

Really? Ever heard of Trumaine Johnson?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have a problem with trading Leo. I'm always hearing somebody else's name in on the play from the D line anyway. He's a nice guy but that's not cutting it. Get what they can form I'll take a second round pick from any team in the league. I'll take BJ Finney from the Steelers for our o-line? I'll take a decent wide receiver or a cornerback. No more effing defensive lineman please

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I've never seen a worse combination of salary and production.  One of the most overrated players I've ever seen.  He's dead weight.  Use the roster spot to develop a young guy who might actually have a future on this team.

I know, I know: His bloated salary is guaranteed.  But who gives a crap?  He's a liability at this point and no team in their right mind is going to trade for him.

No need for a curse word, especially in a thread title. That hurts us with advertisers.

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

41 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Really? Ever heard of Trumaine Johnson?

@Mo Lew

You beat me to it!   Trumaine Johnson receives the highest compensation for being the worst player on the team. 

There are other lousy players on the Jets, several in fact.  But at least they give effort.

Tru is a pathetic corner and doesnt even play hard.  

He should have been cut prior to this season.   I saw enough last year to know what he was.   He has no business being in that locker room.  I cannot recall hating a Jet as much as this guy since Damien Robinson. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, deucebag said:

Call me crazy, but I think Leo cud be a pretty good situational pass rusher in a 4-3 defense.  Nevertheless he has zero trade value right now unless its an exchange for another overpaid and underperforming player

Maybe.  I can see Leo going somewhere and possibly producing 7-8 possibly 9 sacks.  With the Jets however he is worth nothing unless he produces this season.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Dude who in their right mind is going to trade for Williams?  He has a bloated salary and can't play for sh*t.  He's not worth any draft picks.

Idk if it's possible but I'd trade him to a team for say a 2nd or 3rd and offer to eat his entire contract so the other team has no cap hit. Maybe another te wouldn't even do that but I'd have no problem eating his entire salary to facilitate a trade.

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The team is 0 and 3, I think the complaints are warranted actually.

It's going to be a very different team come week 5 or 6.

We'll have Sam, Herndon, Mosley n Quinnen.

I understand complaints about injuries and bad luck, but guys are acting the team just went 0-3 with a healthy roster.

Injuries suck, but no reason to cry like the sky is falling.

8 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Gase?

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

I understand complaints about injuries and bad luck, but guys are acting the team just went 0-3 with a healthy roster.

We could be healthy and add 10 other pro bowlers of your choice wouldn't matter with these plays

Watching the Jets post game, they said the Leo is double teamed more than any other defender in the league behind only Aaron Donald.  So Leo has been doubled more than Khalil Mack.Leo’s only problem is that we have no one else on the Dline that warrants any game planning.  

Why don’t we wait until Q is healthy and see what they can manage before we end up cutting one of the very few assets this team has.

5 hours ago, Mike135 said:

There's gonna be two weeks of this crap, isn't there?

Need to change the name of the site from JetNation, to CryBabyNation.

Oh sorry you enjoy the Jets being the laughingstock of the NFL? I guess that makes you a “real fan.”

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I agree.  As horrific as the season and Gase have been so far we still win 4-5 games

You guys know that the coach doesn't cut players, right? If he was really sucking, Gase could bench him (like they did with our overpriced CB). We do have other DL.

My guess is that he is doing more than you think, or they are making sure his value is enough for someone to overpay for him so we get a high compensatory pick.

The other problem is that his job isn't to sack the QB, intercept balls, or anything else the FF or fans care about. So, even if he was playing well, fans would think he stinks. Either way, I have confidence that GW will bench him if needed...

I was never a fan of the Gase/Williams combination, but the D looks decent (middle of the pack or higher) with a lack of talent at CB and pass rushers. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

You guys know that the coach doesn't cut players, right? If he was really sucking, Gase could bench him (like they did with our overpriced CB). We do have other DL.

My guess is that he is doing more than you think, or they are making sure his value is enough for someone to overpay for him so we get a high compensatory pick.

The other problem is that his job isn't to sack the QB, intercept balls, or anything else the FF or fans care about. So, even if he was playing well, fans would think he stinks. Either way, I have confidence that GW will bench him if needed...

I was never a fan of the Gase/Williams combination, but the D looks decent (middle of the pack or higher) with a lack of talent at CB and pass rushers. 

Williams wound up with three tackles, but he had none in the first half and just one through three quarters – despite playing more than two-thirds of the defensive snaps. It was just another invisible day from the former first-round pick, who’s most notable moment came when he was called for illegal use of hands, which extended a Patriots drive, letting them off the hook on third-and-long.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:25 PM, jetscrazey said:

Oh for Christ sake. I can think of way better players to cut than William's. We aren't  losing like this because of LW. WTH man. TJ, Kalil, Beachum,  Winters, all are infinitely  more responsible for the total suckfest we have been watching. Problem is the dead money would strangle us going forward and you can't  cut OL if you don't  have anyone e else on the roster with a ?. If this is the best we can put out there for an OL, I shutter to think what we would see given an injury. 

On 9/23/2019 at 5:46 PM, jetscrazey said:

Your comparison is BS.  Adams, Robby, and Darnold have all had big moments of production for this team.

Leonard WIlliams hasn't done a damn thing here in the past 3 years other than take up space, which we can find someone else to do for 1/4th the price.

This is just brilliant.  Our O is about the worst in the entire NFL but the D is playing respectably so let's cut a first round pick on D who is not living up to his draft position.  Makes perfect sense.