Sam Darnold (and SAR) On The Same Page - “We’re going to go on a little run here"

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

I just love how you just left the BILLS off that list at 3-0. Its ok maybe you realize that the BILLS might challange for more than just a wildcard spot

Maybe he thinks that with the two moral victories over the Bills this year the Jets will have some sort of moral tie breaker over them.  Maybe an Honorary Wild Card exemption.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

I just love how you just left the BILLS off that list at 3-0. Its ok maybe you realize that the BILLS might challange for more than just a wildcard spot

The Bills are a sham. Combined record of teams they’ve “beaten” this season is 1-8.   Inaccurate quarterback not franchise-caliber. Every year there is a Cinderella who opens 3-0 and winds up an ugly 7-9 stepsister and fires their head coach after a traumatic Week 17 beating. 

SAR I

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cant we put this in the other thread you have about making the playoffs.  

SAR was a witty, intelligent poster back in the day.  Hes now been relegated to Prediction Man.  So sad.

Attention whore doesn’t get enough attention that way 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Bills are a sham. Combined record of teams they’ve “beaten” this season is 1-8.   Inaccurate quarterback not franchise-caliber. Every year there is a Cinderella who opens 3-0 and winds up an ugly 7-9 stepsister and fires their head coach after a traumatic Week 17 beating. 

SAR I

Can you remind us what Darnold and his sub-60% career completion rate and losing record has done to earn the title of franchise QB then?

Oh and you keep cherry picking exceptions to the rule about 3-0 teams missing the playoffs, or 0-3 teams sneaking in, but forgetting all the teams that start 0-3 and DON'T go on miracle runs.  The Jets have shown no reason to indicate that likely potential miracle other than your homerism revisionist history and moral victories.

• Thumb Down 2

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Not true.   The Bills beat the 9-7 Jets.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Can you remind us what Darnold and his sub-60% career completion rate and losing record has done to earn the title of franchise QB then?

Oh and you keep cherry picking exceptions to the rule about 3-0 teams missing the playoffs, or 0-3 teams sneaking in, but forgetting all the teams that start 0-3 and DON'T go on miracle runs.  The Jets have shown no reason to indicate that likely potential miracle other than your homerism revisionist history and moral victories.

LOL. Bills Fans. Dude please.  The Bills are lucky to be 3-0. Sheet they should be 2-1 and would be if a certain kicker made some kicks.

The fact is your Bills almost lost to a team with a sick QB and no one on offense except Bell and you're talking smack. Begone swine.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

maxresdefault.jpg

“We’re going to go on a little run here,” Darnold said on a conference call with reporters. “It’s going to be fun, but it’s going to take a lot of work. I know a lot of the guys on the team are willing to put in that work.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/sam-darnold-teases-jets-tear-with-return-looming/

0-3 gets us to 1-4 which gets us to 7-6 which gets us to 9-7.

Get onboard or get out.  No SOJF's allowed.

SAR I

I love the attitude! It's like when Namath explains the guarantee. What the hell else was he gonna say? I "hope" we win or we're gonn "compete". That's the talk of losers. Winners believe they will win. Darnold is a winner.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cant we put this in the other thread you have about making the playoffs.  

SAR was a witty, intelligent poster back in the day.  Hes now been relegated to Prediction Man.  So sad.

Says the guy who predicted Sam Darnold faked mono by just looking at him. Then made a thread about said prediction. Yeah SAR I is the sad one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t mind the optimism but the constant bashing of “SOJFs” is tiresome. You know what another name for SOJFs is? People that have been right a whole lot more than they have been wrong about the Jets for 50 years.

SOJF is the moniker created by those who, understandably, are tired of being the Frédéric Weis’s of this website.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

SOJF is the moniker created by those who, understandably, are tired of being the Frédéric Weis’s of this website.

I don't know who that is but I hope it's positive as this is a thread for positive vibes.

Sam, LeV, and SAR have asked us to support them.  So we shall.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

maxresdefault.jpg

“We’re going to go on a little run here,” Darnold said on a conference call with reporters. “It’s going to be fun, but it’s going to take a lot of work. I know a lot of the guys on the team are willing to put in that work.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/sam-darnold-teases-jets-tear-with-return-looming/

0-3 gets us to 1-4 which gets us to 7-6 which gets us to 9-7.

Get onboard or get out.  No SOJF's allowed.

SAR I

So mono has affected his vision?  Has he seen Kalil? The rest of our offensive line? 

• Haha 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

? amen brother.  Jets management is a 50 year joke.     

Surely you are smart enough to see that we are years ahead in our rebuild schedule.  Surely you can see that we have a good starting roster but are bereft of depth due to years of poor drafting.  Surely you can understand that there was no way to win 2 games with a 3rd string quarterback and 1 game with a franchise quarterback suffering from a devastating physical illness.

As far as this random "management" story, the Steelers are considered the model NFL franchise and despite having great quarterback play, outstanding skill position players, and a deep roster, haven't won a Championship in 11 years.  Same for the Giants, this great organization, haven't won a playoff game in 8 years.  Perhaps the Dolphins?  Haven't won a playoff game in 18 years.  How about the Bills?  Have appeared in 1 playoff game in 20 years and haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  The Jets, while by no means successful, aren't the joke you think we are.  For the last 20 years we have been well above average and we've completed our rebuild in a few short years, not the decades that the Bills, Dolphins, Browns, and scores of other teams fans have been put through.

SAR I

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Surely you are smart enough to see that we are years ahead in our rebuild schedule.  Surely you can see that we have a good starting roster but are bereft of depth due to years of poor drafting.  Surely you can understand that there was no way to win 2 games with a 3rd string quarterback and 1 game with a franchise quarterback suffering from a devastating physical illness.

As far as this random "management" story, the Steelers are considered the model NFL franchise and despite having great quarterback play, outstanding skill position players, and a deep roster, haven't won a Championship in 11 years.  Same for the Giants, this great organization, haven't won a playoff game in 8 years.  Perhaps the Dolphins?  Haven't won a playoff game in 18 years.  How about the Bills?  Have appeared in 1 playoff game in 20 years and haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  The Jets, while by no means successful, aren't the joke you think we are.  For the last 20 years we have been well above average and we've completed our rebuild in a few short years, not the decades that the Bills, Dolphins, Browns, and scores of other teams fans have been put through.

SAR I

Compare us to the 5 worst teams.  Perfect.   Name a quality team that would start a journeyman 4 years in a row and pass on multiple QBs ? 

56 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And we SOJF promptly reclaimed it. The title itself can no longer hurt us. But the offensive stereotype that we actively "root for the Jets to lose" or "would rather be right on the Internet than see the Jets win" (trust me we have had enough of being right on the Internet), is scurrilous, outrageous, despicable and libelous!

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

? amen brother.  Jets management is a 50 year joke.     

7 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t mind the optimism but the constant bashing of “SOJFs” is tiresome. You know what another name for SOJFs is? People that have been right a whole lot more than they have been wrong about the Jets for 50 years.

And they are miserable talking about the team they root for.  Be as you want to be. Why bash the optimists? Just because you think you are better and know more? SOJF are mushes, they want to be miserable, complain about everything, even in victory they yell and scream about how this team isn't going to win against better teams because XY and Z... Yeah you have been right... Because the Jets have been the laughing stock of the NFL for decades... Its easy to be right... 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

And we SOJF promptly reclaimed it. The title itself can no longer hurt us. But the offensive stereotype that we actively "root for the Jets to lose" or "would rather be right on the Internet than see the Jets win" (trust me we have had enough of being right on the Internet), is scurrilous, outrageous, despicable and libelous!

Good, be miserable... Bitch and complain... See how that changes the future.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I hate to be a pessimist but I just heard something like 76 teams in the last decade started 0-3 and only 6 have made the playoffs......

I hear you, maybe you can look at it this way.

In the opener against Buffalo, the Jets won the turnover battle 4-0, and they posted a graphic on TV stating the Jets had a 99.5% chance of winning. Yet, somehow they found a way to lose.

We can only hope that they defy the odds again, and become the 7th team to  make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

“We’re going to go on a little run here,” Darnold said on a conference call with reporters. “It’s going to be fun, but it’s going to take a lot of work. I know a lot of the guys on the team are willing to put in that work."

Interesting.  A lot of the guy on the team.  Not all of the guys on the team. 

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And they are miserable talking about the team they root for.  Be as you want to be. Why bash the optimists? Just because you think you are better and know more? SOJF are mushes, they want to be miserable, complain about everything, even in victory they yell and scream about how this team isn't going to win against better teams because XY and Z... Yeah you have been right... Because the Jets have been the laughing stock of the NFL for decades... Its easy to be right... 

To each his own.   I’m not much for 4th place trophies     Woody needs blind homers to spend money I suppose.  

• Upvote 1

Th Jets players and Coaches need to stfu to the media and fix this mess. All we have heard over the past 10 years is talk talk, talk, talk.....No playoffs to show for it. Laughing stock of the league. I would like to know how much money they have spent on the Oline and what they rank in comparison to other lines. To me they have to be one of the highest paid in the league and one of the worst production wise. Sam you are young, but you have struggled a lot in the one game you played. Please don't be like the other Jet players and just talk, talk, talk. Please win games lead to the playoffs then talk.

Having Jamal, Leonard etc talk talk talk and not do the walk hasn't gotten us far. You don't hear a word from Mosley, or Bell and they have won and been in big games. Why you young cats like talking so much. Shut it and produce.

• Upvote 1