Sam Darnold (and SAR) On The Same Page - “We’re going to go on a little run here"

SAR I

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

maxresdefault.jpg

“We’re going to go on a little run here,” Darnold said on a conference call with reporters. “It’s going to be fun, but it’s going to take a lot of work. I know a lot of the guys on the team are willing to put in that work.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/sam-darnold-teases-jets-tear-with-return-looming/

0-3 gets us to 1-4 which gets us to 7-6 which gets us to 9-7.

Get onboard or get out.  No SOJF's allowed.

SAR I

This message brought to you be the New York Jets Marketing Department!  “We give the best relocation packages in the NFL!”

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I don't think enough is made about our former LB driving the wrong way in the Lincoln Tunnel.  As someone who's drives the Lincoln Tunnel with some regularity, it's unfathomable how drunk you'd need to be to do this.  Though, the real story of all of that was that he could reach the steering wheel with those T-Rex arms.

If he was a patriot, people here would be calling for the electric chair inside an iron maiden while being hung upside down by his balls with razor wire.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's a nice talking point.  How about this one:

2018 Colts (started 1-5, finished 10-6)
2018 Texans (started 0-3, finished 10-6)
2018 Ravens (lost 3 games in a row, finished 10-6)
2017 Bills (lost 3 games in a row, had a 1-4 stretch, finished 9-7)
2017 Titans (lost 3 games in a row, finished 9-7)
2017 Chiefs (lost 4 games in a row, finished 10-6)
2016 Dolphins (started 1-4, finished 10-6)
2016 Texans (lost 3 games in a row, finished 9-7)
2015 Chiefs (opened 1-5, finished 11-5)
2015 Texans (opened 1-4, finished 9-7)

In the last 4 seasons, 10 AFC playoff teams have had a stretch with at least 3 losses in a row, 5 of them opening 0-3, 1-4, or 1-5. 

So 10 of 24 playoff teams, or 42%, have been in the same situation or worse than the Jets are facing right now. 

SAR I

Let me translate.

SAR just said that Week 5 in Philly is a Must-Win otherwise...

cards GIF

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Oh knock it off, you sell your tickets all the time. Stop acting like you are above everyone else.

You missed the point of my post.

In 2002, the Jets opened 1-4, we replaced Testaverde with Pennington, Pennington went on a 6-2 run, and then the playoff invoices hit our mailboxes the week we went to Chicago.

Chrebet fumbled, the Jets fell to 7-7 and 70,000 season ticket holders decided not to send the Jets checks for playoff tickets.  So when we finished 9-7 and took the Division two weeks later, they couldn't get tickets to our only playoff game of the last 17 years because they were non-believers.  Because they didn't see the 6-2 run, they just saw the Chrebet fumble and ran to the "SOJF" excuse, started listening to Beningo too much, kept acting like Mets fans.  Yankee fan here.  I sent in the check.

That's what's happening now.  Fans who thought we were 8-8 with a 9-7 ceiling are bailing on the team because they are believing the media and the SOJF narrative spread in places like this forum.  And that's the opposite of what our QB and our RB are asking us to do.

Believe, or go watch hockey.  But when you miss our comeback, you'll be sorry.  The guy who sat next to me at Giants Stadium for 30 years still is angry he missed Jets 41, Colts 0.

SAR I

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In 2002, the Jets opened 1-4, we replaced Testaverde with Pennington, Pennington went on a 6-2 run, and then the playoff invoices hit our mailboxes the week we went to Chicago.

Chrebet fumbled, the Jets fell to 7-7 and 70,000 season ticket holders decided not to send the Jets checks for playoff tickets.  So when we finished 9-7 and took the Division two weeks later, they couldn't get tickets to our only playoff game of the last 17 years because they were non-believers.  Because they didn't see the 6-2 run, they just saw the Chrebet fumble and ran to the "SOJF" excuse, started listening to Beningo too much, kept acting like Mets fans.  Yankee fan here.  I sent in the check.

That's what's happening now.

Nope.  That is what happened then.  What is happening now is different in literally every single variable.  It may end up in the same or a similar scenario, it might not, but that long-winded story has absolutely no relevance to the facts of now.

Fans who thought we were 8-8 with a 9-7 ceiling are bailing on the team because they are believing the media and the SOJF narrative spread in places like this forum.  And that's the opposite of what our QB and our RB are asking us to do.

No one is "bailing" on this team.  Straw men are made of straw.

Believe, or go watch hockey.

I appreciate your advice, but I think I'll continue to be a realist and skip out on the hockey, thanks.

But when you miss our comeback, you'll be sorry.

Should it come, it will be great.  But no one who posts at JN is going to miss it. 

We'll be there for it, no matter what our opinions are on it's likelihood today.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's what's happening now.  Fans who thought we were 8-8 with a 9-7 ceiling are bailing on the team because they are believing the media and the SOJF narrative spread in places like this forum.  And that's the opposite of what our QB and our RB are asking us to do.

Believe, or go watch hockey.  But when you miss our comeback, you'll be sorry.  The guy who sat next to me at Giants Stadium for 30 years still is angry he missed Jets 41, Colts 0.

SAR I

You missed the point of my post. Knock it off with the I am a bigger fan than you stuff.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope.  That is what happened then.  What is happening now is different in literally every single variable.  It may end up in the same or a similar scenario, it might not, but that long-winded story has absolutely no relevance to the facts of now.

No one is "bailing" on this team.  Straw men are made of straw.

I appreciate your advice, but I think I'll continue to be a realist and skip out on the hockey, thanks.

Should it come, it will be great.  But no one who posts at JN is going to miss it. 

We'll be there for it, no matter what our opinions are on it's likelihood today.

Exactly. Well said.

We can all disagree but this site doesn't get a million page views in March this year if this was a fair weather fan base.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You missed the point of my post. Knock it off with the I am a bigger fan than you stuff.

That is not what I am saying or implying.  It doesn't matter what kind of fan I am. 

But it should matter to the SOJF's that there are extenuating circumstances and what's going on now isn't a fault of the team or its management.  Darnold and Mosely are hurt along with 5 other starters.  That's bad luck.  That's not bad management.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Exactly. Well said.

We can all disagree but this site doesn't get a million page views in March this year if this was a fair weather fan base.

Seriously?

The Jets fan base lives for these moments.  They love it.  They wouldn't know what to do without it.  It's sickening.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Surely you are smart enough to see that we are years ahead in our rebuild schedule.  Surely you can see that we have a good starting roster but are bereft of depth due to years of poor drafting.  Surely you can understand that there was no way to win 2 games with a 3rd string quarterback and 1 game with a franchise quarterback suffering from a devastating physical illness.

As far as this random "management" story, the Steelers are considered the model NFL franchise and despite having great quarterback play, outstanding skill position players, and a deep roster, haven't won a Championship in 11 years.  Same for the Giants, this great organization, haven't won a playoff game in 8 years.  Perhaps the Dolphins?  Haven't won a playoff game in 18 years.  How about the Bills?  Have appeared in 1 playoff game in 20 years and haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  The Jets, while by no means successful, aren't the joke you think we are.  For the last 20 years we have been well above average and we've completed our rebuild in a few short years, not the decades that the Bills, Dolphins, Browns, and scores of other teams fans have been put through.

SAR I

Surely you can see that this team has made the SAME MISTAKES over and over again no matter who the OWNER was or who the GM or HC was. This has been happening since the 70's. The bad draft picks, the terrible FA signings, the neglect of areas of need in the draft, and not to mention the horrible public relations messes they have put out there. It's a miracle We still follow this team. This not tied to one regime or another. This has happened over and over again for decades. Then we have guys like you who measure Fandom by how much money is spent by those Fans. No wonder you look like a horse's azz to most of the guys on this board.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Surely you can see that this team has made the SAME MISTAKES over and over again no matter who the OWNER was or who the GM or HC was. This has been happening since the 70's. The bad draft picks, the terrible FA signings, the neglect of areas of need in the draft, and not to mention the horrible public relations messes they have put out there. It's a miracle We still follow this team. This not tied to one regime or another. This has happened over and over again for decades. Then we have guys like you who measure Fandom by how much money is spent by those Fans. No wonder you look like a horse's azz to most of the guys on this board.

The Jets would be 2-1 today if we weren't injured.  No one would be talking about the SAME SOJF CLICHES we've heard a thousand times.  Now you're bringing PSL's into it, what's next?  The Stadium should be in New York, right?

When our injured players return in two weeks things will get better and we'll have a season to be proud of.  Talk about that, not this senseless pity party.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If you want to mock fake Jets fans probably should pick somewhere other than a Jets Fan messageboard where only the diehards hang out after the Bowles years and a 0-3 start.

Diehard fans?  Excited victims is more like it.

Never have I seen so many people take such great joy in an injured team losing. 

Step up, be brave, and support the Jets.  Root for them to win next week in Philadelphia.  Don't root for the "I told you so" moment.  That's what Bills fans do.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Step up, be brave, and support the Jets.  Root for them to win next week in Philadelphia.  Don't root for the "I told you so" moment.  That's what Bills fans do.

SAR I

Wait... What?  Who’s happy?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Seriously?

The Jets fan base lives for these moments.  They love it.  They wouldn't know what to do without it.  It's sickening.

SAR I

I have to agree there is a large portion of Jets fans that seem to love and marinate in misery.

But there are a lot of fans that truly want success but are beaten down, exhausted and, frustrated with the losing. The lifeless performances only exacerbate the anger. 

But to your point, let’s see how this team looks when the starters come back.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh yeah, and the Rookie Super Star sensation Gardner Minshew is going to kick our ass.

The two Miami games are W’s due them not trying to win. Washington, perhaps the Bengals, Giants at a push:-

Low 2-14.

High 5-11.

It’s Miami we’ll find a way to split with them and not win both 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets would be 2-1 today if we weren't injured.  No one would be talking about the SAME SOJF CLICHES we've heard a thousand times.  Now you're bringing PSL's into it, what's next?  The Stadium should be in New York, right?

When our injured players return in two weeks things will get better and we'll have a season to be proud of.  Talk about that, not this senseless pity party.

SAR I

LOL. Since I live in Michigan I could give a rats butt where the Stadium is. I also wasn't talking about PSL's I was talking about your numerous  "Real Jet Fan" comments and how silly they make you look.

I don't want them to rush Sam back and potentially ruin yet another QB for the sake of a few wins. Let Sam come back fully healthy and play at that point. I don't believe they will win as much as you think they will because this team has a lot more problems than just the guys who are injured. I would rather finish 6-10 with a healthy Sam than jeopardize his career.

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Since I live in Michigan I could give a rats butt where the Stadium is. I also wasn't talking about PSL's I was talking about your numerous  "Real Jet Fan" comments and how silly they make you look.

I don't want them to rush Sam back and potentially ruin yet another QB for the sake of a few wins. Let Sam come back fully healthy and play at that point. I don't believe they will win as much as you think they will because this team has a lot more problems than just the guys who are injured. I would rather finish 6-10 with a healthy Sam than jeopardize his career.

No one is rushing him back.  He is ready to play.  Dude had the lightest case of “mono” in the history of man.

No mono excuses, no oline excuses, no weaponz excuses.

Next sunday in philly against an abysmal secondary, sam darnold and adam gase need to show us all what they have been practicing for the last 10 weeks.  Put major points on the board.  No excuses.  Get it done!

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Do they put laughing gas in the BMWs now? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No one is rushing him back.  He is ready to play.  Dude had the lightest case of “mono” in the history of man.

Next sunday in philly against an abysmal secondary, sam darnold and adam gase need to show us all what they have been practicing for the last 10 weeks.  Put major points on the board.  No excuses.  Get it done!

You don't know that. Aren't you the guy who thinks its fake anyway?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Congratulations to your promotion to “best tin foil hat” after the banning of @Hackenberg - Banned

• Upvote 1

Keep pointing out that borderline playoff teams with 6 or 7 losses tend to have points in their seasons where they...lose some games...

Bad teams with even more losses also have points in their seasons where they...lose some games...

Difference being that STARTING the season with a losing streak makes a team much more likely to be in that bad category, as the margin of error for the rest of the season shrinks dramatically.  May as well preach that your pocket full of losing lottery tickets means your next one will be a winner, because all the lottery winners had losing tickets at some point.  It is a massive fallacy to depend on being the exception to the rule.

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No excuses! Beat a better more experienced team on the road! 

All we should hope to see vs philly (if Darnold plays) is a good offensive performance and an overall competitive game. 

Any other expectation is just serving up the next SOJ troll campaign. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

No excuses! Beat a better more experienced team on the road! 

All we should hope to see vs philly (if Darnold plays) is a good offensive performance and an overall competitive game. 

Any other expectation is just serving up the next SOJ troll campaign. 

Got to love it.  Delusional Homer Club are such tough guys but the second you expect the Jets to beat a bad, soon to be 1-3 eagles team and they go scurrying under the woodwork.  Pathetic.