Sam Darnold (and SAR) On The Same Page - “We’re going to go on a little run here"

SAR I

On 9/23/2019 at 10:15 PM, SAR I said:

maxresdefault.jpg

“We’re going to go on a little run here,” Darnold said on a conference call with reporters. “It’s going to be fun, but it’s going to take a lot of work. I know a lot of the guys on the team are willing to put in that work.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/sam-darnold-teases-jets-tear-with-return-looming/

0-3 gets us to 1-4 which gets us to 7-6 which gets us to 9-7.

Get onboard or get out.  No SOJF's allowed.

SAR I

It’s not SOJF to “go by what I see” as Parcells said. It’s not SOJF to say 8 offensive points v Buffalo at home with our full offensive complement - and 4 first half turnovers! - is a historically inept perform. It is not SOJF to focus on results. As Parcells also said “the NFL is about a cut & dry business as you’ll find.” 0-3 is 0-3 is 0-3. 

I’d argue you are being the SOJF? Hoping against hope when all data indicate otherwise. That’s what SOJF do?

The old-new current Jets fan keeps it real. We want results and we want results now. Based on actual true potential. Not just hope.

If the Jets get to 1-4, I will admit I was 100% wrong and you were right. I absolutely hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Skeptable said:

They have had a good GM for years... This team might have just got their first one in over 20 years 

The Jets and specifically the Johnsons have done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt. I will believe it when I see it.

On 9/24/2019 at 2:50 PM, SAR I said:

You missed the point of my post.

In 2002, the Jets opened 1-4, we replaced Testaverde with Pennington, Pennington went on a 6-2 run, and then the playoff invoices hit our mailboxes the week we went to Chicago.

Chrebet fumbled, the Jets fell to 7-7 and 70,000 season ticket holders decided not to send the Jets checks for playoff tickets.  So when we finished 9-7 and took the Division two weeks later, they couldn't get tickets to our only playoff game of the last 17 years because they were non-believers.  Because they didn't see the 6-2 run, they just saw the Chrebet fumble and ran to the "SOJF" excuse, started listening to Beningo too much, kept acting like Mets fans.  Yankee fan here.  I sent in the check.

That's what's happening now.  Fans who thought we were 8-8 with a 9-7 ceiling are bailing on the team because they are believing the media and the SOJF narrative spread in places like this forum.  And that's the opposite of what our QB and our RB are asking us to do.

Believe, or go watch hockey.  But when you miss our comeback, you'll be sorry.  The guy who sat next to me at Giants Stadium for 30 years still is angry he missed Jets 41, Colts 0.

SAR I

That team had a good defense with John Abraham, a great OL, Curtis Martin and no one figured out how to shut down Chaddy cakes yet

Look this jet team will 4-5 games but that’s it

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Foolish— 9-7 won’t get anyone in

6-3 Bills - Still have Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Jets on the schedule.
5-4 Raiders - We can take care of them ourselves.
5-4 Steelers - We can take care of them ourselves.
5-4 Colts - Regressing, Brissett hurt and overrated, toughest schedule of the group.

9-7 will get the #6 Seed.

Jets are 3 games out with 7 to go, the easiest renaming schedule in the NFL, and games against 3 of the 4 teams currently in wildcard pole position.  It's not too farfetched.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

And there is no way they are going 9-7 either. They are not beating every one of the Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, and Bills. 

No.

But the goal was to play meaningful games in December, get Darnold and Gase that important experience together to set up 2020.  By knocking the Steelers and Bills out of the playoffs in Week 16 and 17 it will set a very positive tone for the offseason.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

6-3 Bills - Still have Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Jets on the schedule.
5-4 Colts - Regressing, Brissett hurt and overrated, toughest schedule of the group.

Jets are 3 games out with 7 to go, the easiest renaming schedule in the NFL, and games against 3 of the 4 teams currently in wildcard pole position.  It's not too farfetched.

SAR I

We might need to rent 1 more plane if we're hoping for 9-7.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The Jets, creating false confidence and doubling-down on incompetence by over-valuing wins against equally awful teams since Rex Ryan was hired.

Jets fans have short memories I guess we have to as a coping mechanism 

9 hours ago, ryu79 said:

He was trying to make the point that these games still matter. Didn't see anything wrong with it.

theres like 20 players that are playing to see if they have any future in the NFL. 

most players wanna win. they try. they wanna jump around and celebrate.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Imagine if this happened. 

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No it won’t . It’s going to take at least 10 games to make the playoffs.   Here Raiders remaining schedule - Bengals , at Jets, At Chiefs, Titans ,Jaguars , at Chargers , at Broncos .    Raiders are taking the AFC  West.

The Steelers schedule  at Browns, at Bengals ,  Browns, at Cardinals , bills, at Jets , at Ravens