Sam Darnold (and SAR) On The Same Page - “We’re going to go on a little run here"

SAR I

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

No it won’t . It’s going to take at least 10 games to make the playoffs.   Here Raiders remaining schedule - Bengals , at Jets, At Chiefs, Titans ,Jaguars , at Chargers , at Broncos .    Raiders are taking the AFC  West.

The Steelers schedule  at Browns, at Bengals ,  Browns, at Cardinals , bills, at Jets , at Ravens 

Says a Raiders fan. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No it won’t . It’s going to take at least 10 games to make the playoffs.   Here Raiders remaining schedule - Bengals , at Jets, At Chiefs, Titans ,Jaguars , at Chargers , at Broncos .    Raiders are taking the AFC  West.

The Steelers schedule  at Browns, at Bengals ,  Browns, at Cardinals , bills, at Jets , at Ravens 

Dude you have a nice little team there but you have tough games left with the Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos. On the road. You will lose 2 of 3 guaranteed.

The team to watch is the Steelers. With that tough Defense and 4 games against the lower half of the League they are the team to beat IMO. I could easily see them going 6-1 or 5-2. Easily. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude you have a nice little team there but you have tough games left with the Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos. On the road. You will lose 2 of 3 guaranteed.

The team to watch is the Steelers. With that tough Defense and 4 games against the lower half of the League they are the team to beat IMO. I could easily see them going 6-1 or 5-2. Easily. 

I agree. Steelers are in pretty good position to make it at this point. Pretty impressive with Mason Rudolph.

• Upvote 1

If SAR wins the day, he deserves a victory parade. 

His steadfastness was my preseason dream - and was why I acquiesced to the plying Jets tix office coaxing me back in. I jumped in with 2 feet and then their ticket re-selling system failed me preseason when demand was high and I offed them - blocked the installment payments. You interfere with business and you put a poopy product on the field - you're dead to me.

But this SAR - if Gase wins the day in the end, SAR without a doubt deserves massive Jets encomiums. His willpower is unlike anything I've ever seen on Jets message boards.

I'll say this: Gase made me happy first half. And Sammy lad seems to like him. And IF if if the Jets can right this personnel ship aka offensive line or bust - and I see results week 1 '19 - maybe. Maybe this Darnold-Douglas-Gase triurmvirate can. Maybe.

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/23/2019 at 10:40 PM, SAR I said:

Positive vibes only. Stop stalking me. Go away. Plenty of negative threads for you to be negative in.

Sam and Le’Veon are asking for fan positivity.  Some of us respect the team enough to cooperate.

SAR I

I totally agree.  Let's all of us enjoy our one game winning streak while it lasts.  I'm in.  :)  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

5-4 now . Even you have them losing 2 games out of three - that’s 10-6.      That would be only 4 loses in the AFC .   The Raiders are taken the AFC West as who wants to be a wild card.   After the Raiders are 7-4. ( Bengals, and Jets)    The showdown in Kc for the AFC west crown.

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders aren't making it.  Losses to Jets, Chiefs, Titans, Jaguars. Chargers.  Take out either the Jets or Jaguars if you like, that's still 8 losses.

SAR I

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

6-3 Bills - Still have Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Jets on the schedule.
5-4 Raiders - We can take care of them ourselves.
5-4 Steelers - We can take care of them ourselves.
5-4 Colts - Regressing, Brissett hurt and overrated, toughest schedule of the group.

9-7 will get the #6 Seed.

Jets are 3 games out with 7 to go, the easiest renaming schedule in the NFL, and games against 3 of the 4 teams currently in wildcard pole position.  It's not too farfetched.

SAR I

The 2-7 Jets going 7-0 the rest of this year is "not too farfetched".

Got it.

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

SAR - does Gase get credit for yesterday's win?

Yes.  He had every reason to be distracted or disenfranchised.  And instead he delivered his most creative gameplan of the season and his players did the opposite of quitting on him-  they played like a team.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  He had every reason to be distracted or disenfranchised.  And instead he delivered his most creative gameplan of the season and his players did the opposite of quitting on him-  they played like a team.

SAR I

So if we lose this week to the Redskins, does he get the blame? 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR didn't say that.

SAR said that 9-7 will take the #6 Seed this year.

SAR I

Yes you did.  Let me remind you:

Jets are 3 games out with 7 to go, the easiest renaming schedule in the NFL, and games against 3 of the 4 teams currently in wildcard pole position.  It's not too farfetched.

Your reference to "9-7 getting in" isn't even in the same paragraph.  

But let's dispense with this silliness. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So if we lose this week to the Redskins, does he get the blame? 

No. 

When the rider of a 3-legged horse loses the Kentucky Derby, you commend his effort even in failure.

When the rider of a 3-legged horse wins the Preakness, you praise him for his fantastic over-achievement.

I hope this ends this silly logic trap you've been trying to set for SAR for the past 2 weeks, like he isn't smart enough to see it.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes you did.  Let me remind you:

Your reference to "9-7 getting in" isn't even in the same paragraph.  

But let's dispense with this silliness. 

"Sam and Jamal's belief that they can still get a wildcard is not too farfetched." is what SAR said.

You may want to read the post immediately below the one you are referencing.  You know, for clarity.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR didn't say that.

SAR said that 9-7 will take the #6 Seed this year.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I hope this ends this silly logic trap you've been trying to set for SAR for the past 2 weeks, like he isn't smart enough to see it.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sam and Jamal's belief that they can still get a wildcard is not too farfetched." is what SAR said.

Holy sh*t, SAR has officially went full George Remus.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

5-4 now . Even you have them losing 2 games out of three - that’s 10-6.      That would be only 4 loses in the AFC .   The Raiders are taken the AFC West as who wants to be a wild card.   After the Raiders are 7-4. ( Bengals, and Jets)    The showdown in Kc for the AFC west crown.

Dude Im not putting them down just taking an objective viewpoint. You have a much harder schedule than Pittsburgh. I think 9-7 is your teams ceiling but 7-9 or 8-8 is more realistic. Just how I see it.