The bye week off topic thread

Maxman

All great head coaches know how to motivate the team during the bye week. Rex would take them to the movies and let them watch foot fetish flicks. Gase gives his team the week off.

Me? I give you an off topic thread. Please behave.

Seriously, things have been out of control around here. A lot of people fighting. I get that it is frustrating, the start to this season is terrible. But we have to get along and be civil to each other. So let's do that by talking about some off topic stuff in this thread.

@T0mShane has volunteered to catch @The Crusher in a trust fall. Ready guys?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So why is flammable and inflammable essentially the same thing?

I never thought about this, had to look it up. My mind is blown. Pretty funny, this thread is working wonders already!  :)

Flammable and inflammable mean exactly the same thing: a substance burns easily or readily catches fire. ... Flammable is the preferred modern term for a material that catches fire readily. Inflammable means the same thing.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is a happy anecdote for everyone.

A kid from Iowa made a sign for ESPN gameday asking for donations to his venmo for Busch Light.

It went viral.  He decided he'd donate all donations he received to the U of Iowa children's hospital.  

It went more viral.  Both Busch Light and Venmo have said they will match his donation.  The total donation recently reached 1 million dollars.  Busch Light is also giving him a years worth of beer, in special made cans with his picture on it.

See, not everything is incredibly depressing football.

One of my favorite stories in a long time. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So is this the Maxman advice thread now? 

Dear Maxman,

I need to play more poker but I don't have enough time between work, kids, wife, house, etc. I'm not good enough to play for a living but I do ok.

What do you recommend?

Play more poker. The other stuff isn't poker.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

A kid from Iowa made a sign for ESPN gameday asking for donations to his venmo for Busch Light.

It went viral.  He decided he'd donate all donations he received to the U of Iowa children's hospital.  

It went more viral.  Both Busch Light and Venmo have said they will match his donation.  The total donation recently reached 1 million dollars.  Busch Light is also giving him a years worth of beer, in special made cans with his picture on it.

This really happened? Incredible.

Three six nine, the goose drank wine.
The monkey chew tobacco on the street car line.
The line broke, the monkey got choked
And they all went to heaven in a little rowboat.

My mother told me, if I was goody.
That she would buy me a rubber dolly.
My aunty told her I kissed a soldier,
Now she won't buy me a rubber dolly.

SAR I

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This little kid was you correct?  And you have run away to Spain with the money and the years supply of beer.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So why is flammable and inflammable essentially the same thing?

cos people maul the language until it becomes necessary to accept it cos of the frequency of the wrong usage.

sorta how like OPTICS became to mean appearances when it really means

"

the scientific study of sight and the behavior of light, or the properties of transmission and deflection of other forms of radiation."