The bye week off topic thread

Maxman

1 hour ago, slats said:

Retirement. Lots of sitting on the beach with a book in my hands in the near future. Not a lot of plans beyond that. 

Congrats!

I'm in the process of buying in apt. in El Salvador for similar purposes.  Vacation home for now, retirement home when I'm down with the hustle. 

• Upvote 2

Heading up to Grand isle just north of Burlington VT next week til OCT 25th. We luv watchin the leaves turn & fall. 

Pls be quick with any advice or tips while up there before this thread gets locked.

Slats super congrats on Retirement. I'm actually heading north for retirement

SAR1 That video was 5 star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a pleasantly weird video. I grew up with that song being played by my older sisters

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Please ignore Tom, really don't want to get this thread locked. Despite his subliminal encouragement to do so.  :)

Its more than subliminal encouragement!  I went to the bucs vs giants game on sunday with a bunch of people(both of my brothers are giants fans).  While I was waiting online for some loaded nachos 2 trashy women started getting in each others face leading to pushing and shoving, husband of one jumped in to hold the other back. the wife used this opportunity to grab a full beer off the register area and throw it on the other lady.  That was when it got real with the women throwing haymakers with the husband in the middle. De-escalated to the cops coming and letting the lady who threw the beer go while the other is yelling that she wanted to press charges for assault.  After that didn't work she stood there for another couple minutes yelling at the worker to get their manager and screaming that she wanted to speak to a representative. 

Made me think of this board and I think it was @T0mShane that summed up tampa stadium as a bunch of toothless trash smoking cigarettes because, yes, they were both missing a minimum of 1 tooth each...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, slats said:

Wednesday is my last day at work. Heading down to apartment hunt in Puerto Morelos in November. Have a lot of **** to do between now and then. So, of course, I'm procrastinating in this thread and elsewhere. 

Congrats.  Out of curiosity, how did you choose Puerto Morelos?

So the first three weeks of the season have been a disaster. The Jets are taking the week off, maybe we should to.

How about we all take a break from talking about Gase, the offense, Darnold and his mono, etc? It’s been getting crazy here with guys wanting to fire the HC and/or GM after 3 games. Everyone is frustrated, and rightfully so.I think by now most of us realize the only thing we have to look forward to is Darnold coming back and showing us whether he’s the guy to build this franchise around. If he is, we’re going to be fine, if he isn’t this team will be a disaster. We won’t know a thing until he’s back on the field though.

In the meantime, unless there is major news regarding the team this week, let’s make this our “bye” week also No Jets talk, but anything else goes. Other teams, players, HCs... whatever NFL topic  you want to talk about.

Lets just make this thread a Jets Free zone for the rest of the week. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Maxman basically did. A bye week thread that’s “off topic”. Great minds think alike I guess. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Oops. My bad guys. This place has been a little over the top since Sunday afternoon. I haven’t really been paying a lot of attention to the board since then.

Sorry for the duplicate thread @Maxman

Merge the two?

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have watched more nfl football in the past 3 weeks then i have have in my life.

I got 2 things for you:

1- Pat Mahomes is the best football player I have ever seen.  Hes revolutionary, once in a lifetime type player.

2- Phillip Rivers is shot.  Love the fins to get a W in miami this weekend.

I don’t know about Miami, but I agree with you on the other two...

and what’s with my boy Mayfield? I love the guy, but why won’t he hang in the pocket this year? He’s always rolling out to his right and throwing as he drifts back away from the play it seems...

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t know about Miami, but I agree with you on the other two...

and what’s with my boy Mayfield? I love the guy, but why won’t he hang in the pocket this year? He’s always rolling out to his right and throwing as he drifts back away from the play it seems...

Agreed.  Mayfield has taken a step back.  I noticed his height and arm strength were an issue the other night.  They need to focus on the oline in the offseason but thats no excuse.  He needs to play better or things are going to get ugly in Cleveland.

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Trailer Park Boys. I met them. Awesome guys.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trailer Park Boys and his name is Bubbles.

Yeah, that’s it. It was really a great show. I remember stumbling upon it years ago, nobody I knew was aware it was even on. Wasn’t it aired on some obscure cable channel?

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Agreed.  Mayfield has taken a step back.  I noticed his height and arm strength were an issue the other night.  They need to focus on the oline in the offseason but thats no excuse.  He needs to play better or things are going to get ugly in Cleveland.

Yeah, the D played well considering the entire starting secondary was out, but the offense hasn’t looked good for some reason.

You’re right about the OL, but I think there’s more to it. They need to get it together though. Tyreek Hill will be a big addition, but he’s not coming until game 9.