The bye week off topic thread

Maxman

3 hours ago, joewilly said:

Sounds like a great plan to retire there or somewhere similar. Costa Rica anyone?

Costa Rica was the hot spot about a decade ago, and a result prices have gone up there. If you're thinking about moving anywhere, and are looking for cost of living comparisons, this is a great site: numbeo.com. 

On 9/24/2019 at 12:03 PM, joewilly said:

Heading up to Grand isle just north of Burlington VT next week til OCT 25th. We luv watchin the leaves turn & fall. 

Pls be quick with any advice or tips while up there before this thread gets locked.

Slats super congrats on Retirement. I'm actually heading north for retirement

SAR1 That video was 5 star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a pleasantly weird video. I grew up with that song being played by my older sisters

I'm ready to go south and you are ready to come up north, why don't we just trade houses?  

You would have to throw in the boat also.  

I don't want your mattress though. 

You would have to evict my kids, hopefully you'd have better luck than I've had.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I'm ready to go south and you are ready to come up north, why don't we just trade houses?  

You would have to evict my kids, hopefully you'd have better luck than I've had.

LOL, maybe for a month out of each year. Gonna look you up in the spring as we're gonna do NYC. Hope you're enjoying retirement and my condolences to your wife for you being home all day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, slats said:

Costa Rica was the hot spot about a decade ago, and a result prices have gone up there. If you're thinking about moving anywhere, and are looking for cost of living comparisons, this is a great site: numbeo.com. 

Agreed Slats and crime is also creepin up there as well. cool thanks for the website, I'll check it out. I've never been to el Salvador but I enjoy talking like I know everything about everywhere. Here's hoping you can still post from there.

10 hours ago, Green DNA said:

I'm ready to move south...especially with Winter coming. Let's open a Black Rifle Coffee shop. 

On 9/25/2019 at 5:18 PM, joewilly12 said:

Neighbors recently moved to South Carolina they lost power for days in Hurricane Dorian they seem reluctant to say they are glad they moved. 

Yeah some areas lost power during the storm Joe. Sorry to hear your friends did, My area was lucky.

But here's the upside to being down here. I know autumn is beautiful up north, and I miss it. But since the storm, I don't think we've had one day that wasn't between 75-85, low humidity, and not a drop of rain. The beaches, fishing, restaurants and golf courses can't be beat. Even on Long Island.

Oh yeah, the low taxes aren't bad either. About one month of what I pay up on Long Island covers a year down here. Plus I'm right on the Intercoastal in a beautiful golf community.

• Upvote 1