Weekly JetNation Tom Shane YouTube Show

Maxman

16 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Joewilly: “I don’t take any of this serious.”

Also joewilly: “YOU HAVE PROBLEMS (insert detailed personal attacks) WITH YOUR LIFE IM PUTTING YOU IN TEH IGNIRE FEATURE”

Also, also joewilly: “JOKES ON YOU CUZ U WORK AT GAS STATUON LOOSER!”

Finally, joewilly after being logged in for 72 straight hours: “life’s too short to take this seriouzzzzz”

Obviously he didn’t take remedial English seriously either.

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Have you tried sleep training?

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

At 4 months? I did it at 12 mos for my daughter, but before that I let my wife follow her instincts... it’s a fine line, never suggest a new mother is doing it wrong.

It does work though. Just in our case, wife needed to be ready for it. Then I stepped in, and within a week my girl was a great sleeper. Lol

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

We did it for my daughter at 8 weeks.  My son didn’t take to it, unfortunately.  We both work, so after 3 months, needed sleep.  There’s other ways besides cry it out, so less impact on mom.

Also recommend the Merlin Magic Sleep Suit.  Worked great but have to stop once they can roll in it.

Tried it twice - once at 8 weeks and he took to it. Started regressing significantly at 14 weeks. Tried again at week 15 to sleep train, this time with 2 different swaddles (one of which was the Merlin suit), but he won’t take to it. Wife went back to her practice this past Monday (week 17), and he’s gotten so bad that we’ve been up at least 5 to 6 times every night this week. 

We were able to make it work till now but with both of us back at work, this whole no sleep thing is not cute anymore. 

30 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Tried it twice - once at 8 weeks and he took to it. Started regressing significantly at 14 weeks. Tried again at week 15 to sleep train, this time with 2 different swaddles (one of which was the Merlin suit), but he won’t take to it. Wife went back to her practice this past Monday (week 17), and he’s gotten so bad that we’ve been up at least 5 to 6 times every night this week. 

We were able to make it work till now but with both of us back at work, this whole no sleep thing is not cute anymore. 

Just hire someone then.  Should take 5-10 nights at ~300/night.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To get a baby to sleep? I can barely remember that time but I do remember having a mini fridge by the rocking chair. 

To sleep train.  We got some info on it from a neighbor who got someone and it worked.  The Merlin worked for us before we brought someone in, and when he came out of it, the regression was to just once a night and he’d fall asleep again quickly.  So it wasn’t worth it for that.

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To get a baby to sleep? I can barely remember that time but I do remember having a mini fridge by the rocking chair. 

Much better investment.  Then after you get through it you can slide it over to you bedroom and make those mid night walks in the dark to the kitchen a thing of the past

30 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

To sleep train.  We got some info on it from a neighbor who got someone and it worked.  The Merlin worked for us before we brought someone in, and when he came out of it, the regression was to just once a night and he’d fall asleep again quickly.  So it wasn’t worth it for that.

Huh? So interesting to me. My eldest daughter is 31, freshly married and probably be Grandpa Crusher before long. After raising 5 kids I know what worked for me but I want to get up on some of this new stuff so I can drop mad modern knowledge and out Grandpa my in laws. "Bring it on Bitches!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wait! You don't sleep in your kitchen? Weird.

I though you recently remodeled your entire home into a giant kitchen with a primary and emergency bathroom as the only additional living space?

Or did Mrs Crusher finally put the kibosh on mega kitchen house?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I though you recently remodeled your entire home into a giant kitchen with a primary and emergency bathroom as the only additional living space?

WE opted out of the E-potty and just put a double garage door with sensor. Our lawn guy is already use to utilizing it for fertilizer. Mrs. Crusher is just happy to not have to call 911 when I become wedged between the fridge and the sink anymore. Thanks for asking hippy puke face.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That’s essentially where we got to last night.

I'd say go for it.  4-5X per night is brutal, and well worth around $3,000 not to deal with.  You'll be better parents anyway if you're not at the end of your rope.

42 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

@T0mShane will sleep training be part of your next episode? 

For my next podcast, I'll be discussing crafting nursery school admissions essays for your 2-year-old that WOW!

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Huh? So interesting to me. My eldest daughter is 31, freshly married and probably be Grandpa Crusher before long. After raising 5 kids I know what worked for me but I want to get up on some of this new stuff so I can drop mad modern knowledge and out Grandpa my in laws. "Bring it on Bitches!"

Congrats to you and your family.  Happy to help you win the grandparent-off when the time comes.  Start by suggesting names like River.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lot of jokes from a guy who definitely lives in a tiny house.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I appreciate people sharing their pictures and I’d be the last one to make fun of how anyone looks or dresses, but I feel like we need to talk about this: 

590F10A6-E404-42EB-BA3E-E39EBD66DBD5.png

Lol

i could try to explain but understand I have 5 kids at home. Whatever footwear is near the door is the path of least resistance. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'd say go for it.  4-5X per night is brutal, and well worth around $3,000 not to deal with.  You'll be better parents anyway if you're not at the end of your rope.

For my next podcast, I'll be discussing crafting nursery school admissions essays for your 2-year-old that WOW!

?

Congrats to you and your family.  Happy to help you win the grandparent-off when the time comes.  Start by suggesting names like River.

Yikes, if we're going for Phoenix names, I'd opt for Joaquin first.

I'm not sure of @The Crusher's grandchild's hertiage, but the confused looks for a Joaquin with no hispanic heritage would make it worth it.

Just now, Paradis said:

I gotta be honest. This one flew over my head

Old JI joke.  There was an overzealous kid, SBIIICHAMPS or something to that effect, who got a huge Pearl Jam tattoo on his calf, and posted a picture for everyone.  But, it pretty clearly said PFAIL JAM.  I don't know if anyone can still come up with the picture.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Old JI joke.  There was an overzealous kid, SBIIICHAMPS or something to that effect, who got a huge Pearl Jam tattoo on his calf, and posted a picture for everyone.  But, it pretty clearly said PFAIL JAM.  I don't know if anyone can still come up with the picture.

Ahh, ninja'd.

Although, if I'm not mistaken, I thought you were on JI @Paradis. Didn't you dress up in a sombrero and mustache and go to Indy for one of Sanchez's playoff games?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol

i could try to explain but understand I have 5 kids at home. Whatever footwear is near the door is the path of least resistance. 

I see. Hold plz.

@TeddEY @The Crusher @greenwichjetfan Excuse me, fellows, but has the incidence of having children ever caused you to don ladies footwear? I’m looking to confirm something here thx. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

@SAR I YO - wasn't SBIII the kid you were trying to get dick pics from in exchange for Jets dvds?

42 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The pfail strip! Yes is remember SBIII, but missed that highlight 

38 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ahh, ninja'd.

Although, if I'm not mistaken, I thought you were on JI @Paradis. Didn't you dress up in a sombrero and mustache and go to Indy for one of Sanchez's playoff games?

Yes, and I was in said photo , but the man with the “would never be allowed today get up” was @carlito1171? The Carlton guy. 

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I see. Hold plz.

@TeddEY @The Crusher @greenwichjetfan Excuse me, fellows, but has the incidence of having children ever caused you to don ladies footwear? I’m looking to confirm something here thx. 

If I ever catch myself with 4 kids and getting ready for a 5th, you can forget the ladies footwear. I might be the one on the delivery table.

• Haha 3