Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You dealt with nothing. What you did was actively engage, and state for about a year how you're not a hater. 

Keep it real. 

And yes, play by play of a browns game in a Jets game day thread did happen, after the game ended....and not one Mod had a problem with it. You a mod? 

I've personally actively rooted for Baker and the Browns on this forum, however, never when they played the Jets and also, the last time I checked...this is also an NFL forum. Believe me, I reconfirmed that with Max. 

Jets fans bash Jets fans all the time, that didnt start happening because of Baker Avatars. 2 weeks ago I had a Baker/Darnold avatar calling them Brees/Manning 2.0, that didnt stop Jets fans, including yourself to jump in on the bashing, quoting me numerous times. 

Im not with all this victim mentality buffoonery. Folks who engage in such activity cant turn and play victim. I speak to Crusher all the time regarding Mayfield and the Browns. Why is it that he never feels some sort of way about my engagement with him? Probably because he doesnt engage and participate in sh*t that he's going to turn around and claim to be the victim of. 

You're not here to set facts straight, you're here to take your turn, which would be respected if you had the balls to just f'ing do it, like JIF for example. Last week while folks ran with tales in between their legs or was around with damage control and excuses, JIF said "F Baker and who ever likes him". He kept the same energy. 

You dont see me and JIF playing victim talking about what other posters do on a forum which isnt braking any sort of rule. Actually what ended up happening is we joked about how Gardner Minshew is a better QB than Baker. Why? Because he feels his way, doesnt sway like the wind, and dont do nonsense like what you're trying to pull off here. 

And you should never call another man or men "sweeties". That's worse than being an active participant playing a fake victim. 

You can have the floor from here man. Too much fake emotions going on here. Like a crisis actor lol. 

Tails*, sweetie. You’re letting your emotions show. It’s ok that Baker is who I thought he’d be. Being mad at me won’t make him a better football player.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The wrong kinda tails you're seeking tho. Go check 80. 

While you're at it, go bump a mouth thread I havent touched since August, while calling yourself a victim. 

Crisis Actor. lol.

....anddddd now gay jokes! Triggered AF. Said he’s done with me and this thread twice already tonight but can’t get outta his own feelings, folks. I seen it!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

....anddddd now gay jokes! Triggered AF. Said he’s done with me and this thread twice already tonight but can’t get outta his own feelings, folks. I seen it!

My intention isnt to joke about your preference. Im simply directing a person who call men sweeties to another who refers to men as boo. 

That's called categorizing. 

And as for feelings, the only feelings are those who claim victim because they feel offended by fandom. You're salty at a forum user, this entire engagement of yours has nothing to do with football, but your pissy feelings over the past year which I could quote for you since you just mentioned them again. So who's the one that's been triggered for an entire year?

Im a baker fan, but you're a stan. 

I talk football, you talk about victims and men being sweeties. 

His passing rating in this game was 13.4 to put that in perspective Nathan Peterman's 5 interception game had a better passer rating than that. Darnold at his worst his rookie year didn't even have as bad of a game as this. Hell even Rosen didn't even have a game as bad as this his rookie year. In the last 2 years I believe only Peterman's game against the Ravens had a worse QBR for a starter. People on here already are thinking of drafting Tua next year imagine if Darnold had a game like this while also being 2 years older.

• Upvote 2

On 9/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, HessStation said:

Especially when that’s suppose to be his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

a. He was in the best offensive system in college football

b. He was an all guts and moxy overachiever 

with all the glory and fame his character seems more like a cross between Cutler/Sanchez/Newton and the all guts I’ll show them thing is morphing more into a defiant don’t you know who I am, thing

I’m thinking more gunslinger Favresque. He’s got the moxie for sure. Jury still out in my book. He could be the next Brett Favre or bust.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, HessStation said:

Especially when that’s suppose to be his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

a. He was in the best offensive system in college football

b. He was an all guts and moxy overachiever 

with all the glory and fame his character seems more like a cross between Cutler/Sanchez/Newton and the all guts I’ll show them thing is morphing more into a defiant don’t you know who I am, thing

I was told Sunday that Mayfield and Rodgers are in every other commercial on game day. Sure sounds like a guy with previous character concerns who is acting like hes arrived already after a single very good rookie season. (Which was only a mildly above average season if you remove the rookie classification. )

He still had lots of work to do, still has seversl physical limitations to overcome. Looks like he spent too much of his time shilling his own brand and not enough working on taking the next step.

Good.

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

I was told Sunday that Mayfield and Rodgers are in every other commercial on game day. Sure sounds like a guy with previous character concerns who is acting like hes arrived already after a single very good rookie season. (Which was only a mildly above average season if you remove the rookie classification. )

He still had lots of work to do, still has seversl physical limitations to overcome. Looks like he spent too much of his time shilling his own brand and not enough working on taking the next step.

Good.

If he keeps playing like he did yesterday, those commercials  won't  be playing anymore by November.  Baker has been a below average QB this season. Even in the game he played against the Jets he wasn't  that good save one pass to OBJ where OBJ did all the heavy lifting.  

• Upvote 2

CLE loved Mayfield's "swagger/attitude" and he did wonders for them last year.  But a
smart HC would've taken control of him last off-season and told him to cut it out with
all the off field social media "battles".  It takes too much work to be a good QB in
this league and nonsense should be cut out.  Mayfield is another example of how QB's
shouldn't be "annointed" as great because of ONE good year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3052587/baker-mayfield

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KRL said:

CLE loved Mayfield's "swagger/attitude" and he did wonders for them last year.  But a
smart HC would've taken control of him last off-season and told him to cut it out with
all the off field social media "battles".  It takes too much work to be a good QB in
this league and nonsense should be cut out.  Mayfield is another example of how QB's
shouldn't be "annointed" as great because of ONE good year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3052587/baker-mayfield

Well they basically let Baker pick his own HC so not a surprise the coach doesnt have control of him. Last night needs to be a heaping dose of humble pie if the Browns are going to pull it together.

• Upvote 1

So I wont watch the NFL anymore but I'm traveling for work and we went out last night for some food and drinks and the game was on.  The NFL is trash.  Has there been a single game worth watching on a primetime game this year?  Like, is a casual fan with no dog in the fight actually sitting through that embarrassment of a competition? 

Oh and yeah, Baker Mayfield is absolute trash. What a turd that dude is as terrible as it was to watch that game (I was mostly watching baseball) it's great to see karma circle back around and smacks dick bags like him the face. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Baker spent the offseason reading his own press clippings. Also, Odell's fumble, dear god that coach has zero control of that team.

It appears Dorsey's big mistake was letting Baker pick the HC

• Upvote 3

How about the dude not shaking hands with the opposing defense before the game?

I could be having a brain moment, but I don’t think I have ever heard of that in the NFL before. Baker has some talent, but he’s got one of those personalities that is always going to fire up the opposing team/fan base. He would have been such a disaster in NY 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

It appears Dorsey's big mistake was letting Baker pick the HC

This was evident to some of us from back in March.

How a clearly very smart GM with a history of building strong teams allowed this to happen on his watch is anyone’s guess. Maybe he was as intoxicated by Baker’s personality as Haslem was of Johnny Football’s when he took him in the first round after a 1-on-1 with him. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

So I wont watch the NFL anymore but I'm traveling for work and we went out last night for some food and drinks and the game was on.  The NFL is trash.  Has there been a single game worth watching on a primetime game this year?  Like, is a casual fan with no dog in the fight actually sitting through that embarrassment of a competition? 

Oh and yeah, Baker Mayfield is absolute trash. What a turd that dude is as terrible as it was to watch that game (I was mostly watching baseball) it's great to see karma circle back around and smacks dick bags like him the face. 

Damn dude you act like you have never felt dangerous a day in your life. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Damn dude you act like you have never felt dangerous a day in your life. 

OMG - I forgot that dbag said that last year.  What a ******* putz.  If that dbag was on my team and I heard that he said the in a press conference, I'd beat the living sh*t out of him and when I was done, I stand over him and say...I dont know man, I woke up feeling dangerous.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG - I forgot that dbag said that last year.  What a ******* putz.  If that dbag was on my team and I heard that he said the in a press conference, I'd beat the living sh*t out of him and when I was done, I stand over him and say...I dont know man, I woke up feeling dangerous.

LOL

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Baker Mayfield speaking is just like JiF playing teh Mafia.... I think you all may be the same person. 

• Post of the Week 1

Look he's a second year Qb and often guys like him have probs. Based on what  I've seen he's going to be a good player. And has the talent to move an offense. But for everyone out there who wants to tank a season to get an overall 1. It's not worth it because there are no slam dunks except Kareem Abdul Jabbar. 

Darnold is going to distance himself from the QBs drafted the same year. He will be quite a bit better than all of them and it will be obvious in a couple of years. I've felt that way all along and Mayfield and Allen haven't done much to make me think otherwise, and Lamar is not accurate enough of a passer to be better.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, prime21 said:

They are a talented team and are still 2-3 in a division that really only has Baltimore to compete with.  There is plenty of football left to play.  

They have two tough games in a row coming up - I believe Seattle and New England. They are looking at 2-5. I don't think a team like the Browns can say they have any easy games. The problem with them is they have a running backs coach that is all of a sudden a head coach. He needs time to develop and the team in not disciplined at all.

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/25/2019 at 11:02 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, Baker has had 3 consecutive bad weeks.  Isn't it possible that, with a year of tape and an offseason to re-calibrate, the league has "caught up" to Mayfield?  

It'll be up to Baker to make adjustments/improvements, and perhaps he will.  But it's silly not to take new information into account when evaluating a player.  

Or the schedule wasnt the cream puff schedule he had after the Browns 1 win and 0 win seasons

Also the loudmouth, people doubt me so I'm going to not shut up, even talk about my own players nonsense loses its effect, turns, after a while

I know this, I told Villain and the rest of the Baker fan boys, the press likes to build you up early, dont feed them because as soon as you stumble they'll come down on you like a ton of bricks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or the schedule wasnt the cream puff schedule he had after the Browns 1 win and 0 win seasons

Also the loudmouth, people doubt me so I'm going to not shut up, even talk about my own players nonsense loses its effect, turns, after a while

I know this, I told Villain and the rest of the Baker fan boys, the press likes to build you up early, dont feed them because as soon as you stumble they'll come down on you like a ton of bricks.

The schedule thing is a complete myth.  Since they expanded and realigned in 2002 only 2 games are determined based on where you finished the year before(and sometimes those 2 games turn out to be more difficult than the 2 games for this AFC North teams that finished ahead of them) so them winning 7 games last year had little to do with how bad they were the previous season.

Right now they are 2-3 and in the thick of the AFC North race. They had a great win last week and a terrible showing last night but there's a long way to go.