Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Totally agree.

It’s almost like no one has watched the NFL for more than 6 weeks. 

Fans and media seem to want to completely re-evaluate players after every single week.

While this is a silly exercise with all players, it is particularly stupid with young QBs

It’s been 3 weeks Baker didn’t even look good facing our crappy defense

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Totally agree.

It’s almost like no one has watched the NFL for more than 6 weeks. 

Fans and media seem to want to completely re-evaluate players after every single week.

While this is a silly exercise with all players, it is particularly stupid with young QBs

It makes for edgy, opinionated football shows lol.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Nobody’s always right especially w QB’s, and I’m not even sure on Darnold yet. But Mayfield seemed like a slam dunk overhyped a$$hole who get too flossed in his own ego to ever be really good. Guess we’ll see.

He spends more time making commercials and living it up then studying Defenses and I think that is starting to show. He needs to take a bit of a humble pill and come back showing that he can study and be better at the game.

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Russell Wilson was Terry Bradway's boy... Multiple reports about how he banged the table for him... Never heard of Rex till you showed that heresay article.

Sorry I didn’t know we were in criminal court proceedings because Rex called out Baker for not being good

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Nobody’s always right especially w QB’s, and I’m not even sure on Darnold yet. But Mayfield seemed like a slam dunk overhyped a$$hole who’d get too flossed in his own ego to ever be really good. Guess we’ll see.

It’s gonna be a glorious meltdown 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Sorry I didn’t know we were in criminal court proceedings because Rex called out Baker for not being good

Just saying that it was widely reported about Terry Bradway... never with a slight hint or mention that Rex wanted him until this article.  Also multiple beat reporters had it that Rex was all over having Tebow play a Brad Smith role to bring trickery to the game.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just saying that it was widely reported about Terry Bradway... never with a slight hint or mention that Rex wanted him until this article.  Also multiple beat reporters had it that Rex was all over having Tebow play a Brad Smith role to bring trickery to the game.

Post an article about Rex wanting Tebow

Tebow was 100% Woody’s meddle

Just now, Philc1 said:

If the browns start out 2-5 or 1-6 you’re ability to gloat about meaningless 2018 games might dissipate 

Their record really doesn’t matter to me. Baker, himself, doesn’t matter to me. This only matters to you. I’m simply telling you that, statistically, he had a record breaking year. There’s really nothing to refute or come back to. 2018 is finished lol.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I also believe Rex wanted Tebow.  He would see Tebow as his ground and pound QB.   Tebow beat us in 2012, Miami end of year and we somehow end up with Tebow and Sporano. REX is an emotional animal.

You have zero proof Rex wanted Tebow

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He's such a ******* douchebag.  Most unlikeable POS in all of sports really.  Even Tom Brady isnt as smug and arrogant as Baker I've never won anything meaningful in my life Mayfield yet I have the audacity to insult the Giants organization for taking a player who's not a winner. 

As I said through the process last year, I hate Mayfield but almost wanted the Jets to draft him to get front row seats for his demise.  I literally hate the NFL, cant stand it, cant watch it.  The product is pure garbage.  That said, the only thing keeping me somewhat interested is the hope that Mayfield crashes and burns, really hard.  Which means he'll have a comeback MVP like season because the world hates me.

This thread will be FUN  4 weeks from now if the Browns are 1-6!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He spends more time making commercials and living it up then studying Defenses and I think that is starting to show. He needs to take a bit of a humble pill and come back showing that he can study and be better at the game.

Especially when that’s suppose to be his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

a. He was in the best offensive system in college football

b. He was an all guts and moxy overachiever 

with all the glory and fame his character seems more like a cross between Cutler/Sanchez/Newton and the all guts I’ll show them thing is morphing more into a defiant don’t you know who I am, thing

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Russell Wilson was Terry Bradway's boy... Multiple reports about how he banged the table for him... Never heard of Rex till you showed that heresay article.

Heresay = Hearsay + heresy?  

I never heard that Rex wanted Wilson, but we did hear that he was despondent when the took Stephen Hill.  You have to figure there was somebody that he wanted.  Buttle is the kind of guy that might know and would still spill. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Especially when that’s his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

with all the glory and fame his character seems more like a cross between Cutler/Sanchez/Newton and the all guts I’ll show them thing is morphing more into a defiant don’t you know who I am, thing

The part where you can see the train wreck coming is not only does that team have known problem children on the roster (OBJ, Sheldumb, Baker) but the head coach is over his head

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Heresay = Hearsay + heresy?  

I never heard that Rex wanted Wilson, but we did hear that he was despondent when the took Stephen Hill.  You have to figure there was somebody that he wanted.  Buttle is the kind of guy that might know and would still spill. 

Buttle is also a big time cheerleader for the jets and their management he wouldn’t make something like that up

34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It was reported Rex did't want Stephan Hill.. I liked Rex he was a fun guy and no he wasn't a great HC but he got the team to 2 AFCCG's and knocked the Pats out of the Playoffs at their home field.. Some people loved Mangini but he never won a playoff game, even in a Brady less year with a HOF QB.. The QB the Jets got rid of took a 1-15 team to the playoffs and won the East.. People like to say Rex won with Mangini's team something Mangini couldn't do..:roll:

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Especially when that’s suppose to be his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

Yes but I think that given some humble pie he will turn it around eventually