Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

21 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Imagine this guy in New York.

He'd thrive in NY. 

This is just another case of a video being edited and/or clipped to make someone look bad. Poor journalism rears it's ugly head once again.

Find one that has the entirety of Mayfield's exchange with this reporter, including all his interruptions of Baker's attempt to answer his question.

BTW I wouldn't mind our QB showing a little fire, instead of his laid back Cali "everything is awesome" attitude.

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s always been an arrogant little pr**k.   

Here is a direct contrast when another young QB gets questioned about a drive.  Easy to see the difference in maturity.  

How can you not love this kid? 

Ugh, hurts my heart till this day.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG this is soooo juicy.  It's happening.  Come'on Bakery! Go Leaf on us, go Manziel, goes even worse!!!

What a ******* coward.  He's such a little bitch. Look at that stupid ugly face he makes too.  Such a ******* turd.  Most unlikeable person in all of sports.

You're so good at this, jif    :thumbup:.

I love when you do your "he's a gutless SoCal boogie boarding pus*y" routine about Sam also.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You're so good at this, jif    :thumbup:.

I love when you do your "he's a SoCal boogie boarding pus*y" routine about Sam also.

Ever see the movie "Draft Day".  Remember when the were scouting that QB prospect hard only to find out that nobody from his team attended his Birthday party?  And that was ultimately the red flag that helped Costner make his decision to pass?

I've been saying for ever I should be running our drafts because my level of detail would be so deep, there is no chance in hell I'm drafting a kid who grew up in Cali and chose to boogie board.   It's honestly a bigger red flag than the Bday party.

6 hours ago, prime21 said:

What a big surprise that the NY Jets and the Cleveland Browns are in meltdown mode. 

Before the season started, I wasn't sure that the Browns were a playoff team, but I am genuinely surprised at how bad Mayfield and that passing game have been. 

• Upvote 1

I love it when you guys get so down about Sam seeing ghosts and throwing balls off his back foot you all come here to feel better about things. Good for you. It’s cool that you have a safe place.

Baker will be fine though. Nobody is worried about him getting skittish back there, or looking to bail out on throws to avoid contact. As far as I know, teams he’s playing still respect him enough not to play his lowlights during a game with the Ghostbusters theme playing either.

If that was the case, I’d be concerned.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Sam is getting SLAUGHTERED by jets fans and the media yet Baker the Touchdown Maker with OBJ, Landry, Chubb, Njoku and a better coaching staff and offensive line has been worse

That fan club is oh so quiet

Better talent around him, I wouldn't say better coaching.

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I love it when you guys get so down about Sam seeing ghosts and throwing balls off his back foot you all come here to feel better about things. Good for you. It’s cool that you have a safe place.

Baker will be fine though. Nobody is worried about him getting skittish back there, or looking to bail out on throws to avoid contact. As far as I know, teams he’s playing still respect him enough not to play his lowlights during a game with the Ghostbusters theme playing either.

If that was the case, I’d be concerned.

You realize you're projecting and that this post was completely unnecessary and unprovoked right? 

You're also misinformed, no QB in the NFL leaves a clean pocket more than Bakery Field because she's scared skittish little bitch.  He embarrasses himself in different ways, like sucking at playing QB while acting like he's done something in this league.  Nobody respects Bakery Field.  He's hated by all except for you and Villain. 

And you're clearly concerned.  This means a lot to you, obviously

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

You realize you're projecting and that this post was completely unnecessary and unprovoked right? 

You're also misinformed, no QB in the NFL leaves a clean pocket more than Bakery Field because she's scared skittish little bitch.  He embarrasses himself in different ways, like sucking at playing QB while acting like he's done something in this league.  Nobody respects Bakery Field.  He's hated by all except for you and Villain. 

And you're clearly concerned.  This means a lot to you, obviously

There isn't a thread, or a topic here that I take less seriously then this one. I enjoy the heck out of it though.

It's just a thread to have some laughs and stir up sh*t. Harmless trash talk from both sides as far as I'm concerned.

Trust me when I tell you, it doesn't mean anything to me besides that. Lets be honest, at this point arguing about Sam and Baker is like arguing about Elio's and Gino's frozen pizza. Neither are good.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:13 PM, JiF said:

How can you not love this kid? 

Ugh, hurts my heart till this day.  

Who could have guessed after back to back National Championship appearances, ending with a win on a last minute drive vs an NFL quality defense and one of the best coaches in CFB - kid showed the heart of a lion - just a winner but hey Jets finally got uncle Josh

Would pay to know the real answer to that decision, Mac?...  unreal

and if you were going safety, Hooker has 6 int's even after spending time on IR

• Upvote 1