Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No...you're doing it again, 

You're trying to change my mind on what you're doing. You cant. I'm watching what you're doing, and this is what I'm concluding. Stop repeating yourself, you're wasting your time. 

Pretty simple dude. 

Im glad that you're encouraged by Sam. Im encouraged by Sam and Baker. I dont know what the future holds for either QB, but what I do know is that the hate for Mayfield and the manufactured results for Sam to make him more that what he's produced will continue. Not saying anything about you specifically, that's a general statement. 

Why do you keep telling me about your personal feelings on Bakery? You think he's a douchebag. I know this as you compared him to highschool athletes. He's not the only douchbag in the league, and you probably like a few, so what difference does it make when we're talking football? I can understand mentioning it periodically, like I do with Sam and his infatuation with kissing dirty women, but have you actually gone a day, a week without saying that? It's weird that he disturbs you this much. 

Good talk! 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

A few of us hated Baker during the draft process and posted about it a bunch - well before Sam being a Jet was even a consideration. But the two Baker fanboyz can’t help themselves. They go out of their way to bring up Sam v Baker in every thread that either is being discussed, and then get defensive about it. The only people that play the victim card more than them are Lebron and....Baker. Go figure!

I've hated Bakery Mayflower since one of his fanboyz has been posting about him as a prospect his junior year but somehow that's forgotten and the real reason I hate him is because I'm insecure about Sam.   I mean, I could get that take if we passed on Bakery for Sam but we didnt have a shot at Mayflower, so why would I be insecure about it?  

Bizarro world bro. 

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Really? That's not what the career numbers say. 

Whos career numbers are you talking about?

I'm disputing the idea that Darnold should have been able to elevate the scrub WRs he plays with into OBJ and Landry like

Think you missed my point, it wasn't worded quite like I wanted it to read.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

No...you're doing it again, 

You're trying to change my mind on what you're doing. You cant. I'm watching what you're doing, and this is what I'm concluding. Stop repeating yourself, you're wasting your time. 

Pretty simple dude. 

Im glad that you're encouraged by Sam. Im encouraged by Sam and Baker. I dont know what the future holds for either QB, but what I do know is that the hate for Mayfield and the manufactured results for Sam to make him more that what he's produced will continue. Not saying anything about you specifically, that's a general statement. 

Why do you keep telling me about your personal feelings on Bakery? You think he's a douchebag. I know this as you compared him to highschool athletes. He's not the only douchbag in the league, and you probably like a few, so what difference does it make when we're talking football? I can understand mentioning it periodically, like I do with Sam and his infatuation with kissing dirty women, but have you actually gone a day, a week without saying that? It's weird that he disturbs you this much. 

Defend the angry midget all you want but please enough with the Sam bashing

What has Sam done wrong besides not be an undersized prima donna one read spread offense p ssy?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Defend the angry midget all you want but please enough with the Sam bashing

What has Sam done wrong besides not be an undersized prima donna one read spread offense p ssy?

Try to imagine what it would have been like if you told people before the season that Darnold had better weapons and/or a better roster around him than Mayfield 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:24 PM, slimjasi said:

Try to imagine what it would have been like if you told people before the season that Darnold had better weapons and/or a better roster around him than Mayfield 

It’s a Jet fan messageboard and people NOW are trying to argue Baker > Sam

On 1/2/2020 at 5:02 PM, Jets723 said:

He has talent for sure I never dispute that.  I just don’t know how hogh his ceiling is and his attitude gets on my nerves.  Plus despite bad coach he still had enough talent around him to do better than he did 

I think you're talking about Darnold here, right?

If so, this is a fair evaluation.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think you're talking about Darnold here, right?

If so, this is a fair evaluation.

Darnold has talent. Baker doesnt

this isn’t soft ass Big 12 defenses that Hackenberg could score on.  NFL Defenses made adjustments to Baker and he cannot figure it out there’s this thing called a Creeper Blitz it wrecked him all season

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Darnold has talent. Baker doesnt

this isn’t soft ass Big 12 defenses that Hackenberg could score on.  NFL Defenses made adjustments to Baker and he cannot figure it out there’s this thing called a Creeper Blitz it wrecked him all season

We get it, you finally seen the video posted back in October 2019 and have now spent the past 24 hours repeating the name "creeper blitz" in multiple threads. Congratulations Philc. ? 

• Haha 1

Every metric says Baker > Darnold so far in their careers.  Not by much in many places, to be fair, but still.

There is no Darnold-is-better argument that doesn't start/end with "eye test", "but weaponz" and other touchy-feely excuses that Darnold today is > Mayfield at the QB position.

Mayfield played a more difficult schedule of opponents, with fewer cupcakes to beat up in post-de facto elimination garbage time.

Mayfields O-line wasn't materially better than the Jets and his time-to-throw was similar to Darnolds.

Mayfields weapons were (and are) overvalued, OBJ especially isn't the guy he was years ago.

And Mayfields Coaches have been two abject failures (and he is headed into 2020 and Head Coach #3 in three years, if Darnold was facing that half of the Darnold fluffers here would already be saying 2020 couldn't be an evaluation year for Darnold, lol).

How about, instead of making excuses, we demand excellence?  We demand our franchise stop being so excuse-ridden, and put a damn winner on the field for a change?

How about, instead of finding 101 reasons why Darnold was amongst the bottom of NFL QB's in production, we instead demand/root for him to rise up to his potential and BE a top 10 QB in actual production, not just the "eye test" of biased Jets Fans?

Here is the thing, if Darnold really WAS the clear-cut best QB of his class, we wouldn't have to say it so often, it would be a given and the topic of the others wouldn't come up so often.  It's pretty obvious most Jets Fans keep repeating this lolmeme in an effort to convince themselves, not others.  Outside of New York no one thinks Darnolds is the #1 of that class, so far he's an also-ran in the group who still has great potential. 

Maybe we should be demanding Gase pt a top 10 offense on the field, no excuses.  Maybe we should be demanding Darnold produce like a #3 overall QB elite special great prospect and play 16 games and put up average 16-game NFL starter type numbers, no excuses.

Demand excellence, make no excuses.  THAT should be the 2020 Jets catch phrase.  It's too bad we have so many fans here who happily rush to white knight for this franchises failures.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Every metric says Baker > Darnold so far in their careers.  Not by much in many places, to be fair, but still.

There is no Darnold-is-better argument that doesn't start/end with "eye test", "but weaponz" and other touchy-feely excuses that Darnold today is > Mayfield at the QB position.

Mayfield played a more difficult schedule of opponents, with fewer cupcakes to beat up in post-de facto elimination garbage time.

Mayfields O-line wasn't materially better than the Jets and his time-to-throw was similar to Darnolds.

Mayfields weapons were (and are) overvalued, OBJ especially isn't the guy he was years ago.

And Mayfields Coaches have been two abject failures (and he is headed into 2020 and Head Coach #3 in three years, if Darnold was facing that half of the Darnold fluffers here would already be saying 2020 couldn't be an evaluation year for Darnold, lol).

How about, instead of making excuses, we demand excellence?  We demand our franchise stop being so excuse-ridden, and put a damn winner on the field for a change?

How about, instead of finding 101 reasons why Darnold was amongst the bottom of NFL QB's in production, we instead demand/root for him to rise up to his potential and BE a top 10 QB in actual production, not just the "eye test" of biased Jets Fans?

Here is the thing, if Darnold really WAS the clear-cut best QB of his class, we wouldn't have to say it so often, it would be a given and the topic of the others wouldn't come up so often.  It's pretty obvious most Jets Fans keep repeating this lolmeme in an effort to convince themselves, not others.  Outside of New York no one thinks Darnolds is the #1 of that class, so far he's an also-ran in the group who still has great potential. 

Maybe we should be demanding Gase pt a top 10 offense on the field, no excuses.  Maybe we should be demanding Darnold produce like a #3 overall QB elite special great prospect and play 16 games and put up average 16-game NFL starter type numbers, no excuses.

Demand excellence, make no excuses.  THAT should be the 2020 Jets catch phrase.  It's too bad we have so many fans here who happily rush to white knight for this franchises failures.

Baker Mayfield sucks and he’s even worse than your boy Sh-tzpatrick

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Save your Darnold hate for another thread.  This is where we hate on Bakery Mayflower. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

@Philc1

@Jets723

@JiF

This is how to be critical yet honest. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

@Philc1

@Jets723

@JiF

This is how to be critical yet honest. 

Nah I was pretty honest when we talked a few weeks ago and had a pretty nice conversation about it.  I admitted that I wasn’t a Baker fan but I never said he wasn’t talented.  I never put all the blame on him but I did say he took a step backward.  You seemed to agree on that and even mentioned my post as being honest and fair take.  I assumed we were in a civil agreement there