Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Baker played a very odd game today. Very little shots taken down the field. Patrick Peterson almost picked him off a few times.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kitchens isnt a HC in this league. With that said, Baker's statline isnt really bad, and he probably had about 40-50 yards worth of dropped passes in this game as well.

His 250 2TD 1INT performance could have been better for sure. 

He got about 80 yards back on the last drive checking down to Hunt. Also threw a pick to Peterson that didn’t count bc PP stepped out of bounds. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No I can’t think of many who do.

Darnold is what he is, to this point. We’ve all seen his numbers, and heard the excuses here people make for him. Some are excited about his potential, others aren’t, but who’s called him a bust?

As for Baker, I’ll admit I’m surprised and disappointed with the year he’s had. I'm not going to blame his OL or his HC, that’s the nonsense people like to do here with Sam, but those are just excuses to justify failure to produce.

I will just admit I’m surprised that after the season he had last year, it now looks like he’s fallen to where I think we can say he’s now at Darnold’s level. I never expected that, I really thought he’d improve on that great rookie year.

Baker has regressed, and Sam is still threading water, he’s no better, probably no worse then the day we drafted him. We’ll have to see how they both do next year I guess. I still think Mayfield will end up one of the top QBs in the league.

Rosen, I give a pass to because he can’t get on the field. He’s stuck behind Fitzpatrick, who’s clearly a better QB then him, Darnold and Mayfield at this point, which is alarming.

So far Jackso and Allen are the prizes of that’18 draft, without a doubt. Jackson is MVP quality, and Allen has made that second year jump that the other three haven’t.

Fitzpatrick is clearly better than who? Is this Jay Feely?

56 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Allen is in a different stratosphere with regard to future potential compared to Sanchez.

The very first thing I thought and later told a friend, from Sanchez’ very first start was “he looks kind of small out there.  Not that crazy about his arm”.

I think it’s more about the fact that the Bills beat the Steelers with Allen completing 13 passes. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company