Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Russell Wilson was Terry Bradway's boy... Multiple reports about how he banged the table for him... Never heard of Rex till you showed that heresay article.

Heresay = Hearsay + heresy?  

I never heard that Rex wanted Wilson, but we did hear that he was despondent when the took Stephen Hill.  You have to figure there was somebody that he wanted.  Buttle is the kind of guy that might know and would still spill. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Buttle is also a big time cheerleader for the jets and their management he wouldn’t make something like that up

Cast aspersions on Tannenbaum?  Why wouldn't he?  I'm still skeptical, but it is possible. 

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I wish the QB whisperer Rex cared about QB position when he was our HC. Seems to have an opinion on every young QB. Next up, Rex will start talking about sucking for Tua 

Yeah, let's make fun of Rex for being a defensive coach while listening to that other fat **** squawk about QBs.  We can forget how he ran O'Donnell out of town.  How he took the ball out of O'Donnell's hands to have rookie RB Leon Johnson throw a pass, and giving Ray Lucas his first attempts.  Both threw picks.  He thought Foley was a viable starter.  Then he was forced to start a cast-off that Lil' Bill brought in who rescued his season.  Or maybe the time that guy got hurt and he traded a draft pick for Rick ******* Mirer and bet the season on him, later to find out the guy he used as a punt gunner and WR was a better QB. That guy gets to make rules about what QB you should draft.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Also Rex: “Mark Sanchez is my guy.”

I think Rex gets too much heat for sh*t like this.  Saying that, like the extension were designed to keep the kid's psyche intact.  Same with making Santonio Holmes a captain.  You give him a title in the hope that he takes it to heart and works hard.  There are enough reasons Rex deserves to be ripped, which I guess is why this sh*t looks so bad.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Hold on.  From a certain perspective it could be argued that Rex Ryan knows QBs better than just about anybody.  I can't ever recall a two week stretch in the postseason where a guy limited both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on their home fields.  I vividly remember the announcer during that playoff game in Indy saying something like, "And here's Peyton Manning, hasn't been sacked in 3 weeks...."  the next play Rex schemes an easy sack against him.  Tom Brady hadn't thrown an INT in something like 200 pass attempts heading into that game.  1st Quarter, David Harris picks him off.  Every body said to pressure Brady, Rex wrote a totally different 2nd Half game plan for that day and at one point was dropping like 9 guys into coverage and suffocated any places Brady wanted to throw the ball.

And it's not just those two games, although they were the pinnacle.  He made life very, very tough on Aaron Rodgers and other elite passers.

There's a lot we can criticize Rex about but he knows QB tendencies, he knows how to defend them and in that regard, he really is a great evaluator of a QBs strengths and weaknesses.

Even when they sucked, he did a good job against Brees in 2013.  He gave up the yards, but not the points.  If they had even a remote answer for Graham that would have been a masterful defensive performance.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Or, maybe the GM should have kept the Head Coach in place that was there when Mayfield was playing the way he was and almost won OROTY. 

Giving someone exactly what they wanted doesnt mean that you gave them exactly what they needed. 

You can spin it to blame Mayfield for not living up to Vegas odds that you didnt even believe yourself, or for not having as good a season under another HC when the HC that he produced under was let go. This is exactly how not to build a team around a young QB. Jeff Fischer had an absolutely STACKED Rams team, yet couldnt do anything. Getting the right coach changed everything going on with that organization. 

Are you blaming the GM for giving Baker Mayfield the coach he wanted?  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im blaming the GM for not getting the right coach for the team. Absolutely. 

Let me quote myself. 

Fair enough.  I don't know if you have noticed, but Baker Mayfield has not exactly responded positively to tough love. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company