Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes, I agree, and he looked especially "off" Sunday night. It seemed like he was very quick to leave the pocket. Constantly running to his right and throwing while falling away from his target.

Their OL is struggling, the same way ours is, but you're right. He doesn't look as sharp as he did last year, I think we all see that. Now if it's only the OL, or the new CSs scheme, they should be able to adjust. If Baker plays the entire season like he did Sunday against Aaron Donald and the Rams, I'll be right there with those who are "really disappointed" in him.

As for now though, he has some accomplishments in the bank, so I'm giving him a pass as of now. 

As far as the 1-6 thing, you realize he took over a team that went 0-16 in '17, and was 0-2 and down 14-0 when he came off the bench to start his career right? They were in contention for a division title going into week 17 with him after that. C'mon. Lets not cherry pick stats the way guys do here with Darnold's 3 game "HOF stretch" last year....

I like Baker and think he’s going to be a good QB but.....

GTFO out with accomplishments “in the bank”.

this guy has the most picks of any QB since becoming a starter.

he has a losing record 

he played the worst defenses in the nfl last year

7 of his TDs and 600+ of his yards came against a bengals team that was literally the bottom 5 in NFL HISTORY 

through three games, with the  BEST wr in the nfl he has 3tds and 5 picks and is completing less than 60%

ryan Fitzpatrick had a 30 TD season- what do you think of him? 

You are clueless 

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You’re right nico. I’m the one who’s clueless.

You feel better now?

When was your last dementia check?

did you guys watch the game? Baker did nothing to help his team win. Chubb and Landry carried the offense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

lol stop

Clearly you didn’t watch 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Except that I did.

Baker is up and down right now. There’s no need to diminish a good performance with nonsense.

Did you miss that 150/300 yards came of two behind the line passes to Landry? Did you miss Chubb running for almost 200 yards? Baker made not a single play worth remembering. In fact he did his best to keep it close with a stupid pick in a critical point in the game.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They kicked the piss out of the Ravens and took over the division. That is all that matters. 

To the browns yes... in the evaluation of Baker... no

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Browns have won more games  under Baker. All that matters. Me thinks today he finally beat a team with a winning record.,

Then why did the Broncos get rid of Tebow?

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Josh Allen = Tebow. Baker broke the rookie TD pass record. You even mentioning him with Tebow just proves you are off balance.

You just said winning is all that matters. Fitz had 30 TDs with the Jets- what does that make him?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No I can’t think of many who do.

Darnold is what he is, to this point. We’ve all seen his numbers, and heard the excuses here people make for him. Some are excited about his potential, others aren’t, but who’s called him a bust?

As for Baker, I’ll admit I’m surprised and disappointed with the year he’s had. I'm not going to blame his OL or his HC, that’s the nonsense people like to do here with Sam, but those are just excuses to justify failure to produce.

I will just admit I’m surprised that after the season he had last year, it now looks like he’s fallen to where I think we can say he’s now at Darnold’s level. I never expected that, I really thought he’d improve on that great rookie year.

Baker has regressed, and Sam is still threading water, he’s no better, probably no worse then the day we drafted him. We’ll have to see how they both do next year I guess. I still think Mayfield will end up one of the top QBs in the league.

Rosen, I give a pass to because he can’t get on the field. He’s stuck behind Fitzpatrick, who’s clearly a better QB then him, Darnold and Mayfield at this point, which is alarming.

So far Jackso and Allen are the prizes of that’18 draft, without a doubt. Jackson is MVP quality, and Allen has made that second year jump that the other three haven’t.

“No better” yet he’s better in every statistical category with nothing around him. Baker literally has the best WR/RB cast in the NFL. Baker will be 26 next season... not much room to improve.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 14 in Green said:

🙄

There is no staring QB in the NFL who Darnold is SIGNIFICANTLY better then

Show me a statistical argument that backs up this nonsense.

Its as dumb and lazy an opinion as saying “Mayfield chose his HC”. You claim to be a Jets fan. If you are you would know that Darnold was consulted last offseason about potential HC hires, and voiced an opinion.

You and the others who know this never blame him for the Gase hire though, or the way he’s playing this year.  Yet you’re all quick to accuse Mayfield of “hiring Kitchens”.

Why is that?

More TDs, Fewer picks 3 less games... sub par weapons vs best weapons in the league. 

your “prize” of the draft Allen has the same # TDs/yards in 3 more games.

Your troll game is slipping 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's just ridiculous. QB's dont even get hit anymore. QB's are playing into their 40's today. 

Ok so we are giving Darnold what, six more years to prove he’s the guy? 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Of course not. He decided to leave college early and the Jets decided that he was worth the risk based on perceived talent. 

If they perceived that talent was there, then it shouldnt take 6 years to reveal itself. 

That's ridiculous. 

Baker Mayfield stayed in school, at the end of the day, he's a 2nd year QB just like Sam. 

That’s nonsense... a player either needs X years to develop or they don’t. What’s your number? 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He might need them... and that not a knock on him, but the organization.

Add in Allen’s run yardage, he’s much more productive then Sam and Baker this year.

As for Mayfield/ Darnold I said Mayfield is now Darnold’s level. He Was significantly better last year, this season they’ve both been bad.

Over their short two year careers however, Mayfield has better numbers.

Wrong again, Allen has about 400 more rushing yards than Darnold, that’s about 1.5 games of average passing production for Sam... 

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So you’re saying Darnold has had a better year then Josh Allen?

and that he’s a significantly better QB?

Nope, my only point is that calling Allen the “prize” of anything while doubting Darnold is laughable. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Where did I “doubt” Darnold tonight?

I said he’s basically the same guy he was last year. I think that’s a fair statement.

With Allen, I said he and Jackson were the only two who took a nice step forward. LJ has taken a huge one. I think that’s fair also.

Lol so Allen takes a giant leap to being statistically worse than Darnold and he gets the “prize” moniker? 

youre insufferable 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Except he’s not statistically worse then Darnold is he?

unless you ignore his 8 rushing tds and higher completion pct, winning pct, etc.

..and please don’t bring up Sam having most of his in a few games. Most of Allen’s picks came very early this year.

Allen is better right now, sorry.

Nope; sorry.

btw his comp % is lower. And I’m going to pretend you didn’t use winning % as a qualifying stat. 

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

For this year at least Lamar and Allen deserve the praise.  They have their teams in the playoff mix.  Who knows maybe next year is the opposite and they have down years while Sam and Baker put everything together and their respective teams are in a better situation 

Jackson is on a different stratosphere than Allen.... Allen is Darnold/Baker on a team with a great defense and coach. 

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Whatever. I’m watching a really good young QB tonight

22 years old, has a gun. Big, strong and mobile. TrueType a duel threat both passing and running. Leading his team to the playoffs, might even topple the Patriots this season.

I don’t think many people around the league are questioning any of that. 

Yes that is a good list of his positive attributes.  No need to mention the other side of the coin, criticism is saved for Darnold. 

Call me crazy but I'd still take Baker over Josh Allen and even Lamar Jackson. I just don't see Jackon being effective once the league adjusts and he gets a high ankle sprain. 

In 5 years these will be the rankings.

Darnold
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company