Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hey guys. Please do me a favor, stop quoting me every time Jets fans who generally claim never to care anything about Baker Mayfield decide to make yet another Baker Mayfield thread surrounding a topic that could have went into any of the older Baker Mayfield threads given that they're all essentially the same. 

Quoting me only prompts my haters who are always salty to jump on your comment and respond with their saltiness because they're always salty to the point that its basically a knee-jerk response.

I'd rather not interrupt those Jets fans who claim not to care about Baker Mayfield and let them continue their discussions on Baker Mayfield. 

Thanks! 

VTF

What if we care to see Baker Mayfield fail?  Can we quote you in that situation? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Ding Ding Ding Ding

I mean all that’s left to figure out is does his epic melt down rival, or even surpass Ryan Leafs?

I can’t stand Baker, but I’d never put him in the Jamarcus Russell class, Bakers failures won’t be because he didn’t put in the work, or because he wasn’t passionate kid is as passionate as they come.

His over confidence, and cockiness combined with the egos around him, and the way today’s media flip flops on you in a NY minute will he his demise IMO.

Winning cures all, and can alter ones destiny, IMO that is Bakers only real chance at succeeding on the NFL level.

Yep.  And he clearly gets flustered by it.  That's why he defensively addresses everything said about him or the Browns.  Like the dig he took back at Rex, "he's not wearing colors for a reason" after just saying that what he says doesnt matter.  Just shut up.  You're nothing compared to Rex Ryan, he'd be the best thing to ever happen to the Browns.  

I was just listening to Dan Labatard, they were talking about this...he dropped some stats on Baker that were just puzzling when you consider the hype train.  Stuff like; leaves a clean pocket more than anyone in the NFL, bottom 5 in comp % since week 14 last year, top 5 in turnovers during the time, bottom 5 QBR and a couple other gems, maybe sacks or off target throws...cant remember exactly but it was alarming for someone who carries himself like the best QB in the NFL.

He's better than I expected him to be and I would think with the right coaching/system that he'll be ok but I really want to watch him crash and burn hard because he's such an arrogant pos. 

• Upvote 2

Baker Mayfield sucks

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Gardner Minshew >>>>>>  Baker Mayfield

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Minshew is looking good

I wouldnt know, I dont watch the NFL garbage anymore.  I just look at the box scores and Minshew mania is for real!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I think you've mentioned that you live in or around Jax, right?

I also am relatively ambivalent about spending my beautiful autumn Sundays watching the NFL these days, but rooting for and watching Gardner is like rooting for America. It's just good.

Yep.  Neptune Beach which is essentially Jax Beach.  Minshew mania is real.  This city is going nuts for the kid.  Rightfully so, he's the best young QB in the league right now not named Mahomes.  I've adopted the Jags until the Jets become a legitimate NFL franchise.  And by adopt that means; I'm rooting for them and act lik I care but havent actually watched a single snap of one of their games and dont plan on it, like ever.  (wait, the Jets play them, so I guess I'll watch one game). 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

When Baker throws for 31 passes or less the Browns are 6-0, when he throws for more than 31 passes the Browns are 3-9. Dont make the game about Baker Mayfield. Establish him into a passer the way Seattle did with Wilson over multiple years. This is why Chub and soon Hunt is here. 

Sucks when you're QB sucks so bad you have to hide him in your offense and use him as little as possible. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

You dont even watch football. 

Not true. I watch a ton of college and the Jets.  

• Haha 1

@JiF really doesnt mean it (nor do the people agreeing with him), because if he did, he would basically be saying that Darnold sucks and is being hid...and Sam Darnold doesnt suck but is simply new to the pro's and needs to be properly acclimated to the pro level

Sam Darnold's ratio is no different. 

Sam throwing for 29 or more passes is 1-10

Sam throwing less than 29 passes is 3-1. 

I think any time you're only chance to win is by limiting your QB on the amount of passes he attempts, it means you dont have a very good QB and Baker Mayfield sucks so this make sense from the Browns.  Besides, Nick Chubb is really ******* good. 

If that definition fits Sam Darnold as well, so be it.  He hasnt proven anything to anyone in the league.  He's a soft So. Cal boogie boarding bitch at this point and not an NFL QB.  So if the cap fits him too, then let both these little bitches wear it.

Garnder Minshew is the best young QB in the league not named Mahomes and we're debating sh*tty punk bitch Mayfield and So Cal softy Darnold?

Limiting your QB doesnt mean he sucks, especially if the QB you're limiting has played a rookie amount of football games. 

And as for Garner Minshew, it's no different. 

#1.  His completions has gone down in every game he started. 

#2. His completions percentage has gone down in every game he's started. 

In games where Minshew has thrown 33 attempts he's 1-1

In games where he's thrown less he's 1-0. 

And even with this, Minshew is playing some great football....for a rookie as he doesnt throw picks or fumbles. 

However, Minshew, like Mahomes is playing on a team with talent. Jags with a respectable defense and a running game that showed it's ability on Sunday and Mahomes on an offense that can make any QB reach their potential. 

Also, Minshew has not proven to be as good or better than Deshaun Watson. And that's really the problem here. Guys play a couple games and suddenly Minshew is 2nd to Mahomes and Daniel Jones is the best QB in NY. 

It's all recency bias. 

Mahomes>Watson>Minshew the rest of the league is garbage or old and who cares?

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe a tad early to anoint Minshew, wouldn't you say?

That's what we do these days.  Havent you followed, Nick Chubb ran all over the Ravens and suddenly Baker Mayfield doesnt suck! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We do since we're holding the conversation. 

And honestly, no one outside of Mahomes and Watson has solidified their position so I cant necessarily argue your opinion on Minshew even with just a few games under his belt. I would have a different opinion but it's all still opnion nonetheless. 

No I meant "who cares" as a classification of QB's in the league. 

• Upvote 1

Then I cant put Mayfield in that category. He finished as a top 15 QB last year statistically. He was the only young QB on the top 100 with Watson and Mahomes as well. Sure, he hasnt lived up to the hype that was generated this entire offseason, but that's a pedestal that most other folks were making. Folks were talking superbowl and these guys havent even learned how to win as of yet. Lets end the season with a winning record, or win a division first. With that said, it's clear that Mayfield at this point is a system QB. He didnt look great in a couple games under Todd Haley as the OC, looked really good under Freddie Kitchens, looked overwhelmed with Monkins offense...but hung in there for the most part outside of that Titans game. He looked solid again with Kitchens going that max protect/2 TE formations. That's the job of the coaching staff. Figure out what the QB is best at and then doing it. Nothing wrong with being a system QB if you work well in the system. I think Mayfield will do better with Monkins offense once they do something to sure up the Oline in order for those longer routes to develop. You cant run that style of offense if Mayfield doesnt trust his Oline because of the inconsistency and will leave the pocket at times even when he doesnt have to. 

To go down to the wire against the Rams isnt bad. They were in the Superbowl just 8 months ago. 

Buddy, if you got to say all that to justify his play....psssst....he's not very good.  Or just simplify it; Baker Mayfield sucks.  

• Post of the Week 1

I've said all that to support my opinion. 

But I shouldnt argue with those who dont watch who they overly criticize, so in that respect you have a point. 

Well, that's not true either.  I watched him college and last year and till week 3 of this year before I gave up the NFL.  So I've actually only missed 1 game of his illustrious career. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then you basically missed his performance in the most important game of his career thus far, going up against the current division leader with 1st place in that division on the line with an opportunity to get the season back on track. 

He responded with the best performance of the season, adding to his illustrious career. 

Those week 4 victories are where champions are born.

Unless they suck, like Baker Mayfield. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Shiiiiiit, he's no Gardener Minshew, that's for sure.

`Image result for Gardner Minshew Uncle Rico gif

• Haha 2

So I wont watch the NFL anymore but I'm traveling for work and we went out last night for some food and drinks and the game was on.  The NFL is trash.  Has there been a single game worth watching on a primetime game this year?  Like, is a casual fan with no dog in the fight actually sitting through that embarrassment of a competition? 

Oh and yeah, Baker Mayfield is absolute trash. What a turd that dude is as terrible as it was to watch that game (I was mostly watching baseball) it's great to see karma circle back around and smacks dick bags like him the face. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Damn dude you act like you have never felt dangerous a day in your life. 

OMG - I forgot that dbag said that last year.  What a ******* putz.  If that dbag was on my team and I heard that he said the in a press conference, I'd beat the living sh*t out of him and when I was done, I stand over him and say...I dont know man, I woke up feeling dangerous.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Preach! 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

My honest assessment of Mayfield is I don’t think he has learned to create sight lanes to compensate for his height deficiency on the field. He seems to panic in the pocket before he needs to and tries to run out in space and play street ball at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nobody leaves a clean pocket more than Baker Mayfield in the entire NFL because he's a pussy.

• Upvote 4

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Bosa planting the flag was pretty funny.

And that was what, 2 years ago?  Nobody likes Baker Mayfield other than Baker Mayfield and Villain.  Everyone else in the world knows he's a punk ass bitch.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

2-3

0-4. 

Those numbers are the most important.

Luke Falk has only started 2 games. 

which means he could have been 2-0. 

Sure but your comparison wasnt accurate and I'm all about accuracy, unlike Baker Mayfield.

hahahah see what I did there?  come on!!!  that was good!

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Maybe Luke should have tried wearing headbands and waving his hands around like a lunatic.  

He'd still suck but at least he'd get a commercial or two.

45 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Good. So, lets ignore everything else after that and leave it be. 

Do you have anything to say regarding the thread and it's title? If not then lets stop talking, because im not interested in talking to you about what I can and cant do with my avatar. 

I havent broken any rules and for the most part I stay out of other threads. Stop killin my vibe bro. 

Not gunna lie, the avatar call out is funny because you've been playing a little bit of the victim in this thread like peeps are picking on you while you're just the innocent fan with an opinion yet you have the "sensational" avatar going.  ❤️ yer guts our bro! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na, no playing victim in the slightest. 

Me and you speak on this topic, and you constantly kill Baker for his play. You dont spend all day talking about me and making it a "me" thing. That's the difference. Or taking your pissy feelings and carrying it from thread to thread for years.I got people who still talk about vaccinations anytime they feel like they want to talk about Villian. sh*t I talked about like 6-7 years ago...and the conversation wasnt even with them! lol. The obsession is real. 

Stating the facts isnt playing the victim. I can tell a guy we're not talking about what I do, but we can talk about the topic, but given the obsession they'll just have that same avatar convo with you. 

Though I did say that I have no problem talking about topic, because that's the point of the thread. So it's not about playing victim or because my guy got his ass handed to him that im running like how so many did last week when he had a decent game. It's about knowing the difference between talking about the sport or players in the sport and turning your attention to me and thinking that you can just do that without it being checked. 

True. Though to defend the boys a bit, it's hard not to separate the 2 in this type of a discussion, especially with that particular avatar.  Partially not your fault, you go all in when you decide to and I've always admired that, right or wrong.  That said, when you go there, you know some of the directed shots comes with it.  Always will

Bakery Mayfield sucks

Bakery Mayfield.  lmfao.  That was the best typo ever.

• Haha 1

Well, maybe folks shouldnt give two sh*ts about my avatar. 

Look at how wrong Greenwich just was just now. Totally claimed that I changed my avatar after the Browns win, when I was talking to Crusher throughout the game while the game was in play, with that avatar. 

Sometimes it's not excuses, its obsession. Folks literally thirst of the sh*t they claim I do. It's made up in their head. That's what it is. 

Meh, I thought you put it up after the game too but I thought it was funny.  I remember laughing at it and saying something along the lines of champs are made in week 4.  Or something.  

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet;

Bakery Mayfield is a punk ass bitch pussy who sucks at Football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Surprising.  As we've seen Mayfield perform well with another coach, and yet, we absolve our players of blame for their own ineptitude, despite never succeeding before or after, with different coaching.   Very, very interesting.

Yea but this entire roster are all collectively having the worst season of their careers and have all 100% played better under different coaching.

35 minutes ago, slats said:

The Browns are coming to realize that Baker Mayfield brings this out of people.

Did it take a room full of Browns employees to come this earth shattering conclusion? 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Luke Falk is definitely having a down year.

Did realize he was playing 1 on 11 out there...

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company