Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep.  And he clearly gets flustered by it.  That's why he defensively addresses everything said about him or the Browns.  Like the dig he took back at Rex, "he's not wearing colors for a reason" after just saying that what he says doesnt matter.  Just shut up.  You're nothing compared to Rex Ryan, he'd be the best thing to ever happen to the Browns.  

I was just listening to Dan Labatard, they were talking about this...he dropped some stats on Baker that were just puzzling when you consider the hype train.  Stuff like; leaves a clean pocket more than anyone in the NFL, bottom 5 in comp % since week 14 last year, top 5 in turnovers during the time, bottom 5 QBR and a couple other gems, maybe sacks or off target throws...cant remember exactly but it was alarming for someone who carries himself like the best QB in the NFL.

He's better than I expected him to be and I would think with the right coaching/system that he'll be ok but I really want to watch him crash and burn hard because he's such an arrogant pos. 

Baker was always supposed to have the better rookie year. Always.

He's older, has more experience, and was drafted by a significantly better team than any of his classmates.

That the league started figuring him out at the end of last year is why the pre-draft comp which Villain and I agreed upon for him before the draft is showing. Solid, serviceable starter highlighted by good games against bad defenses, can win the occasional tough game, but generally struggles against better competition. He was and always will be Jeff Garcia. The difference between the two is their personalities, and it is why people hate that little sh*thead and had no issue with Garcia.

Baker thinks he's still BMOC - taking shots at HCs, QBs, RBs, all while showing out and talking up big games but ultimately coming up short (pun included). Then he runs for the hills and gets defensive about it. The little bitch forgot he's in the big leagues. If he can get his head on straight, he'll have a solid long career like Garcia. Otherwise, I hope he continues to crash and burn and take OBJ and Hunt down with him.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

They kicked the piss out of the Ravens and took over the division. That is all that matters. 

That’s exactly the point. The D held a dynamic offense to 25 points and forced multiple turnovers. On offense, 40 points for the Browns and only a grand total of 1 TD credited to Baker to go with his 1 int. Almost half of his pass yards will be attributed to YAC once the numbers come out on Tuesday. Chubb looked like he was playing against air. The second string TE dominated. And all of this is with OBJ throwing up a 2 for 20 night.

Credit for the Browns winning and Baker making the most of his situation, but contrary to his fanboys spam posts in every thread about him or Darnold, Baker hasn’t shown that he’s the tide that’s raising the Browns’ boat. He’s shown exactly what he was supposed to be coming out of college. Starter quality with a limited ceiling.

Btw: The reason for this thread is to point out that he’s a selfish entitled douche who hasn’t earned his mouth yet. Nothing’s changed on that front.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So here’s what I’ve learned today from reading the threads about them.

Josh Allen sucks because he got hurt before he could finish a game when it looked like he was about to pull off a comeback win against the Patriots.

Now I’ve learned that because you don’t like Mayfield’s mouth he’s shown himself to be “a self entitled douche” who’s what he was supposed to be. “Starter quality with a limited ceiling”. I guess that “limited ceiling” goes as high as the rookie TD record and the OROY.

Since you’re so good at rating a guy like Mayfield’s showing thus far in his career, why don’t you take a minute to tell us what Darnold “has shown himself to be”?

I’m guessing this should be chock full of feelings and projections, but go ahead, this should be interesting.

BTW imagine the fun you’d be having if it was Mayfield who came down with mono?

Feel free to look up my posts from before you joined JN. How I felt about all of the QBs in the draft is all there for you. I’ll give you a hint: Darnold wasn’t my top choice.

Theres another active thread on the main page where KRL listed his QB rankings. I listed mine, I had Darnold and Baker in the 3rd tier behind elite and FQB - average QBs who have proven they’re not below average, but haven’t proven that they’re above average. 

The only one “choc full of feelings and projections” is the one who finds himself in every single Baker/Darnold thread mistaking Baker’s TD rookie record and OROY for sure-fire stardom while inadvertently dumping on the Jets QB along the way. But the problem with you bringing up Baker’s rookie year ad-nauseam is that it ignores the fact that Baker has also led the league in turnovers since he’s become a starter, and that although the Browns won some games and Baker played his part, he wasn’t the driving force behind the wins that you so badly want him to be because the Browns are legitimately talented even without Baker.

Regardless of how I might feel about Baker’s douchedom, thems the facts.

Finally, I have no idea why you brought up Josh Allen and what other people have said about him in other threads, so I’ll just leave that there.

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The reason I keep bringing up Mayfield’s stats last year is because they were terrific. He had a tremendous year.

I’m doing it in the proper place, a thread started for the sole purpose of bashing Mayfield, something you seem to enjoy doing.

Your rating of QBs before the draft is not exactly something that I consider “must see” so I’ll pass on checking it out. Maybe you should check out mine instead, I seem to be a bit better at it.

I was all in on Mayfield before the draft, and said before last season I had wanted the Jets to get him, but since they couldn’t I’d follow him with the Browns. I also was one of If not the first here to question what everyone was seeing in Darnold last year. More and more people are now doing the same, and as they question him more and more, these threads about other QBs pop up by those who fear Darnold might not be all they thought. As if doing that will make them feel better.

Daniel Jones was another QB I said would be good, and I said it early in his senior season, and after he was drafted, which went over like a lead balloon here. So far, all he’s done from July through today is prove me correct.

So essentially, you just wanna be right about your predraft Mayfield prediction, the way you’ve already been proven right about Daniel Jones’ career after a whole two games.

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Finally,Mayfield is and was the driving force behind the Browns wins. 

Yes, and Sanchez was the reason we went to back to back AFC title games too. Seriously, even Villain is cringing at this. You’ve lost all credibility. 

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It’s fun to quote out of context, isn’t it?

and it’s then it’s even more fun to draw your conclusions from those “quotes”.

wat

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I wouldnt know, I dont watch the NFL garbage anymore.  I just look at the box scores and Minshew mania is for real!

I think you've mentioned that you live in or around Jax, right?

I also am relatively ambivalent about spending my beautiful autumn Sundays watching the NFL these days, but rooting for and watching Gardner is like rooting for America. It's just good.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:52 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

although the Browns won some games and Baker played his part, he wasn’t the driving force behind the wins that you so badly want him to be because the Browns are legitimately talented even without Baker.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, 14 in Green said:

Finally,Mayfield is and was the driving force behind the Browns wins.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:42 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Yes, and Sanchez was the reason we went to back to back AFC title games too. Seriously, even Villain is cringing at this.

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

When Baker throws for 31 passes or less the Browns are 6-0, when he throws for more than 31 passes the Browns are 3-9. Dont make the game about Baker Mayfield.

As I've said many times before and after the draft, to date, Baker is exactly what he was supposed to be coming out of college - a plug and play solid starter with limited upside (this is not a bad thing - it just is what it is) who was always supposed to have the better rookie year amongst all of the 2018 QBs. I'm glad you @Villain The Foe see this and express it as well.

My hating Baker is because he's a douche. Fanboys mistake that as my hating the player to prop up Sam, but look back at my posts in this thread: all of my "h8er" posts involve his stupidity outside of his play.

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've never once expressed that narrative, and by trying to misconstrue my words proves that so-called fanboys to a degree have you figured out.

There's no need to take shots at @14 in Green by misconstruing my words. Haters looking to validate their hate do that. 

Jesus. I didn't even read anything other than what I quoted. Even when I try to be civil with you, you're still a Baker.

I was talking about the fact that both of us (a Baker wannabe and a "Baker Hater") both agree that to date, he is not the driving force behind the Browns wins. And I wasn't taking shots at 14 - he and I already hashed it out in another thread. Was just pointing out that over the past two years, many posters have labeled me as a Baker hater because of his play on the field, whereas my hate is 100% driven by the fact that he's Rex wannabe douchebag without the relative history of success that Rex has on his resume.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Am I not being civil? You claimed that my position confirmed that you werent being a hater and that fanboys only see you that way. I was disagreeing with that by using the same words you used. 

I didnt attack you man. What should I have said, that Mayfield has a limited upside though that's not what I've ever said or believed? 

That’s not what I was trying to claim but rereading my post I can see why you read it that way. Chalk it up to miscommunication. 

Either way, I don’t think he’s as good as fanboys think he is, but that doesn’t make me a hater because I expected him to be at least somewhat competent. What makes me a hater is hoping we get some exciting Baker drama soon. It’s been like 2 whole days since he took shots at someone on Twitter.

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2019 at 1:11 PM, JiF said:

That's what we do these days.  Havent you followed, Nick Chubb ran all over the Ravens and suddenly Baker Mayfield doesnt suck! 

Lol.

Brieda just broke off an 83 yard TD run on the 49ers first play from scrimmage. Jimmy G the real deal!!!

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Good to see this unpopular thread for 1 week popular again. 

Nites! 

Not fair. I’ve been doing my best juggling to keep this and the ‘Baker’s mouth’ thread going for weeks! Although, Baker’s really helping the cause on both. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's quite fair, when anyone can sit back and look at how you're suddenly no longer by yourself in that effort. 

Baker is really helping the cause, indeed. However, that's because folks prayers are being answered. 

My football prayers will be answered when the Jets win a game in February.

Baker being himself (a solid starter with limited upside) never factored into my prayers. To channel the late Denny Green: he is who I thought he’d be. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You have no idea what a player who's played less than 20 professional games is. 

That's your problem really. It's always these 2 constant sayings with you. #1. See, when I speak folks swear im hating. That's how you generally start off your Baker engagement. And #2. He is what you thought he was, when there's a legit chance that he could play 10 times the amount of games he's currently played.

More importantly, if you were confident in that assessment, you'd be able to simply say it and let it stand. Yet you keep saying it as if you're trying to convince yourself. 

I dont know. You're not a Baker hater, then stop mentioning what other people may think you are. It doesnt matter if you know that's not the case. 

Baker is what you thought he was, yet you must reiterate that line, more than Denny Greene. I bet he'd only have to say it once, maybe twice. 

In otherwords, I understand that's your thinking. 

Just making sure folks have their facts straight around here. Baker is who I thought he’d be on the field, and he’s everything I hate off it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The facts dont go away. They're written for everyone to see. 

You're worried about others. Seems like that's Bakers problem off the field as well. 

I’m only worried about you and 14, sweeties.

After the past year and half dealing with you two Baker fans - doing play by play of a Browns game in a Jets game day thread last year, countless posts actively rooting for Baker and the Browns in so many different threads, bashing Jets fans and the Jets QB while rocking Baker avatars...all of this for attention on a Jets fan forum - it’s obvious which two posters share characteristics with Baker off the field.

I’m just here to set facts straight with you two, and because of all of the above, yea maybe I enjoy reiterating how right I’ve been about Baker thus far. You calling him a system QB is the cherry on my cake.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You dealt with nothing. What you did was actively engage, and state for about a year how you're not a hater. 

Keep it real. 

And yes, play by play of a browns game in a Jets game day thread did happen, after the game ended....and not one Mod had a problem with it. You a mod? 

I've personally actively rooted for Baker and the Browns on this forum, however, never when they played the Jets and also, the last time I checked...this is also an NFL forum. Believe me, I reconfirmed that with Max. 

Jets fans bash Jets fans all the time, that didnt start happening because of Baker Avatars. 2 weeks ago I had a Baker/Darnold avatar calling them Brees/Manning 2.0, that didnt stop Jets fans, including yourself to jump in on the bashing, quoting me numerous times. 

Im not with all this victim mentality buffoonery. Folks who engage in such activity cant turn and play victim. I speak to Crusher all the time regarding Mayfield and the Browns. Why is it that he never feels some sort of way about my engagement with him? Probably because he doesnt engage and participate in sh*t that he's going to turn around and claim to be the victim of. 

You're not here to set facts straight, you're here to take your turn, which would be respected if you had the balls to just f'ing do it, like JIF for example. Last week while folks ran with tales in between their legs or was around with damage control and excuses, JIF said "F Baker and who ever likes him". He kept the same energy. 

You dont see me and JIF playing victim talking about what other posters do on a forum which isnt braking any sort of rule. Actually what ended up happening is we joked about how Gardner Minshew is a better QB than Baker. Why? Because he feels his way, doesnt sway like the wind, and dont do nonsense like what you're trying to pull off here. 

And you should never call another man or men "sweeties". That's worse than being an active participant playing a fake victim. 

You can have the floor from here man. Too much fake emotions going on here. Like a crisis actor lol. 

Tails*, sweetie. You’re letting your emotions show. It’s ok that Baker is who I thought he’d be. Being mad at me won’t make him a better football player.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The wrong kinda tails you're seeking tho. Go check 80. 

While you're at it, go bump a mouth thread I havent touched since August, while calling yourself a victim. 

Crisis Actor. lol.

....anddddd now gay jokes! Triggered AF. Said he’s done with me and this thread twice already tonight but can’t get outta his own feelings, folks. I seen it!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

It appears Dorsey's big mistake was letting Baker pick the HC

This was evident to some of us from back in March.

How a clearly very smart GM with a history of building strong teams allowed this to happen on his watch is anyone’s guess. Maybe he was as intoxicated by Baker’s personality as Haslem was of Johnny Football’s when he took him in the first round after a 1-on-1 with him. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Me too, as If I did, I would bet none of what was said had to do with football...but your feelings from over the past year. 

I'm just planting my flag on JN's Baker discussions. I know you love that.

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

When it's about football, sure. 

When its about your year-long amount of emotions, you can save that for the Kardashians. 

You're so neutered right now, your last three responses have amounted to "stop being mean and picking on my obnoxious actions over the past year".

I'm done with my victory lap; I've planted my flag. If I keep going, I'll actually feel sorry for you. I'm sure I'll be back soon though as Baker continues to prove me right and be exactly who he was always supposed to be pre-draft: a plug and play starting QB with limited upside on the field, and a douchebag off it.

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

How about the dude not shaking hands with the opposing defense before the game?

I could be having a brain moment, but I don’t think I have ever heard of that in the NFL before. Baker has some talent, but he’s got one of those personalities that is always going to fire up the opposing team/fan base. He would have been such a disaster in NY 

Looks like you weren't the only one that noticed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001063629/article/niners-draw-motivation-from-mayfields-pregame-snub

"What's amazing, and annoying, was him not shaking hands at the beginning," Sherman said. "That's some college s---. It's ridiculous. We're all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent -- that's NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that's disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that's gonna get us fired up."

[...]

"Respect the game," Sherman said, referencing Mayfield's pregame behavior. "You can have rivals, but pay your respect in that moment -- especially when you're young.

"He hasn't earned anything in this league. How many games has he won? He's acting like he was the MVP last year. If (Patrick) Mahomes did that, it would be one thing. But he would never do that, because he has too much respect for the game.

"And when you see a guy who doesn't? You humble him every chance you get. Because eventually, he will have respect for the league -- or he'll be out of it."

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not gunna lie, the avatar call out is funny because you've been playing a little bit of the victim in this thread like peeps are picking on you while you're just the innocent fan with an opinion yet you have the "sensational" avatar going.  ❤️ yer guts our bro! 

Changes avatar to Baker as king of the north after Chubb beat the Ravens last week, and then gets all in his feels when Baker gets flag planted on.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

ACTUALLY, I changed my avatar before the game and was talking to @The Crusher during the game, about the game, with this avatar throughout the entire game. 

Ask him. lmao. 

You guys are f'ing obsessed. 

ACTUALLY, don’t care. 

It’s cool though. As Jif said, you’ve always gone all in, and because of that, even when we don’t want to, we all know what your latest obsession is because you pummel us with it - avatars, 1000 word diatribes, aggro-emotional outbursts...the works!

So I can understand your emotions, and it’s why I decided to back off earlier today. I mean, after Glennon, Geno, Bercovici, and landing on the moon, having to eat another L for Baker - especially after he actually gave you a glimmer of hope last season - has to be hard on the villain.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, maybe folks shouldnt give two sh*ts about my avatar. 

Look at how wrong Greenwich just was just now. Totally claimed that I changed my avatar after the Browns win, when I was talking to Crusher throughout the game while the game was in play, with that avatar. 

Sometimes it's not excuses, its obsession. Folks literally thirst of the sh*t they claim I do. It's made up in their head. That's what it is. 

Are you going to change it now that your system QB sh*t the bed and your Browns fell out of first in the North tho?

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m hurt 

I never meant for you to be a part of this. Just know that, forever and always.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Curious how many of you can be so obsessed with getting VIllian to eat crow over being a Baker fan boy while at the same time believing Villian is the ridiculous one in this exchange 

Counting tough for you?

• Haha 2

Just now, Dcat said:

meh... I tend to call out dishonesty from time to time.  No big deal.  

Making Villain eat crow wasn’t on my agenda. Giving him sh*t and watching him flail about was more what I was going for. Mission accomplished, I’d say. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Are you going to change it now that your system QB sh*t the bed and your Browns fell out of first in the North tho?

@Villain The Foe was hoping to get your thoughts on the only post of mine that you haven’t responded to in two days.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

^ this guy is going to dream of villian tonight.

Again

Curious how upset you’ll be that I’m having dreams about your special friend. 

7 hours ago, CTM said:

Its bothered me the first few times but I've come to accept that Villian owns significant real estate in that tiny brain of yours

Absolutely. He’s earned it with his repeated and obsessive nonsense.

Whats your excuse for loving me the way you have from thread to thread for so long?

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

Who are you again? 

That’s better. Let’s see how long you keep that up. If your inability to let go of the played out Joe Willy/teh gayzzz/topless men joke over the last few months is any indication, it won’t be long.

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Apparently you know me far better than I know you.

So tell me, is there anyone on here with more than 10 posts you aren't stalking ??

You seem to forget that this is a public forum. I don't need to stalk anyone in order to form an understanding of their posts. The more nonstop stupid sh*t you post, the easier it is for me to understand your JN persona. I just happen to enjoy calling people on it. So far, you and villain have made it easiest on me. Ironically, it's similar to how it's easy to call Baker on his stupid sh*t, because he makes sure to constantly put it out there.

Not sure if you suffer from some sort of memory loss, but you've followed me around various parts of JN posting sh*t and interjecting in convos that you weren't initially part of, so this whole 'playing dumb' thing you're doing in terms of knowing my JN persona is nonsensical. Fortunately there's a search feature here that you can utilize to jog your memory if in fact you can't remember. Either way, this is getting stale, as it always does with you. So you can take the last word. Have at it!

57 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why do you and Villain always have to equate the dislike for Mayfield to people having doubts about Darnold?

Maybe it’s just because the kid is an arrogant douchebag?

48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Untouchable is 100% on the money.  

People's dislike of Mayfield has been assumed by some to be innately tied to insecurity about Darnold.  Maybe that's true for some, but certainly not all.  Huge assumption there by those who think Mayfield criticism is motivated primarily by Darnold insecurity.

Does anyone stop to think that people can think Myafield is a jerk and an overrated player independently of their thoughts and opinions on Darnold?  

Been fighting this battle with 14 for weeks. At this point, he gets it. He's either trolling or simply dense.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company