Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Jets best head coach since Bill Parcells says Mayfield is a “one read guy” who “stares down receivers”

hard to argue he’s wrong

Wow. You have waited so patiently for this. I’m impressed. Luckily good number of the Baker fanboys are now Daniel Jones fanboys. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

My question is, if Darnold has showed himself as a FQB would we be talking about Mayfield?

Yes. Mayfield is very polarizing. Sam is about as boring as could be. His greatest antics so far is faking mono, get back to me when he poses with a couple rabid Pandas and a Jeep with no roof! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Rex knew it was going down today. Cant wait to hear him talk about how overrated this division win to take sole possession of 1st place in the AFCN was. 

EFqFg3JWsAEVTYV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Enjoy It Big Boy. You took it now you can dish it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When was the last time Rex Ryan was right about anything?

When he said it was time for a god damn snack. Only because it’s always time for a god damn snack. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Did you miss that 150/300 yards came of two behind the line passes to Landry? Did you miss Chubb running for almost 200 yards? Baker made not a single play worth remembering. 

They kicked the piss out of the Ravens and took over the division. That is all that matters. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nico002 said:

To the browns yes... in the evaluation of Baker... no

Browns have won more games  under Baker. All that matters. Me thinks today he finally beat a team with a winning record.,

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Then why did the Broncos get rid of Tebow?

Josh Allen = Tebow. Baker broke the rookie TD pass record. You even mentioning him with Tebow just proves you are off balance.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That’s exactly the point. The D held a dynamic offense to 25 points and forced multiple turnovers. On offense, 40 points for the Browns and only a grand total of 1 TD credited to Baker to go with his 1 int. Almost half of his pass yards will be attributed to YAC once the numbers come out on Tuesday. Chubb looked like he was playing against air. The second string TE dominated. And all of this is with OBJ throwing up a 2 for 20 night.

Credit for the Browns winning and Baker making the most of his situation, but contrary to his fanboys spam posts in every thread about him or Darnold, Baker hasn’t shown that he’s the tide that’s raising the Browns’ boat. He’s shown exactly what he was supposed to be coming out of college. Starter quality with a limited ceiling.

Btw: The reason for this thread is to point out that he’s a selfish entitled douche who hasn’t earned his mouth yet. Nothing’s changed on that front.

Winning!

22 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You just said winning is all that matters. Fitz had 30 TDs with the Jets- what does that make him?

Rich. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Congrats to the Baker fanboyclub for Chubb beating the Ravens

How about that Jameis Winston?

Stay strong brother. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

So I wont watch the NFL anymore but I'm traveling for work and we went out last night for some food and drinks and the game was on.  The NFL is trash.  Has there been a single game worth watching on a primetime game this year?  Like, is a casual fan with no dog in the fight actually sitting through that embarrassment of a competition? 

Oh and yeah, Baker Mayfield is absolute trash. What a turd that dude is as terrible as it was to watch that game (I was mostly watching baseball) it's great to see karma circle back around and smacks dick bags like him the face. 

Damn dude you act like you have never felt dangerous a day in your life. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG - I forgot that dbag said that last year.  What a ******* putz.  If that dbag was on my team and I heard that he said the in a press conference, I'd beat the living sh*t out of him and when I was done, I stand over him and say...I dont know man, I woke up feeling dangerous.

LOL

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

2-3

0-4. 

Those numbers are the most important.

Oh for heaven sake stop it.  You were talking about him throwing frozen ropes and now he is throwing wounded ducks. That’s pretty damn important going forward. 

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im holding like 25 different conversations with 25 different people trying to come from 25 different angles. 

Approaching all the same way really isnt practical. 

I was talking about frozen ropes, not comparing Baker to Jets quarterbacks. So when the narrative changes, then why cant I change with it? 

Maybe I should just stop it though. 

You right. 

My apologies, I don’t read everybody’s post, just yours. My bad dude. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

ACTUALLY, I changed my avatar before the game and was talking to @The Crusher during the game, about the game, with this avatar throughout the entire game. 

Ask him. lmao. 

You guys are f'ing obsessed. 

Yes. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

ACTUALLY, don’t care. 

It’s cool though. As Jif said, you’ve always gone all in, and because of that, even when we don’t want to, we all know what your latest obsession is because you pummel us with it - avatars, 1000 word diatribes, aggro-emotional outbursts...the works!

So I can understand your emotions, and it’s why I decided to back off earlier today. I mean, after Glennon, Geno, Bercovici, and landing on the moon, having to eat another L for Baker - especially after he actually gave you a glimmer of hope last season - has to be hard on the villain.

I’m hurt 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CTM said:

Apparently you know me far better than I know you.

So tell me, is there anyone on here with more than 10 posts you aren't stalking ??

Holy hell, you finally make a friend and this is how you act? Pitiful.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, getting away from folks obsession, in other news, its good to see some independent folks expose Sherman for that stupid lie he told while also comparing how he claimed that it was some "college sh t" at the same time showing how Nick Bosa waites 2 years to do some "college sh t" by planting the flag after the game...in his own stadium. 

Folks and even players on the low really love the Mayfield antics. 

You cant lie and claim that what he did was college stuff while watching teammates do college stuff in the pros that they were waiting so long to do. 

That's almost like a compliment to Mayfield actually. 🤣

I really love this league! 

....and straight to your obsession. LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CTM said:

@mods .. please move to the Obsessed with VillianTheFoe  sub forum

Be better than the mafia / dungeons and dragons sub forum 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Did realize he was playing 1 on 11 out there...

Actually 12-10. He pretty much switched sides last game. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, slats said:

Allen has played one good team this year and looked terrible in that game. He's 29th in passer rating in the NFL this year, ahead of Daniel Jones (another guy you like, right?), Cam Newton, Baker Mayfield, and Josh Rosen. He's slightly improved over a rough rookie season, but not by much. He's been less effective as a runner this year, too, which is something to watch going forward. Teams definitely want to corral him and make him throw, and they want to do that for a very good reason. 

Posters have a hard time realize that just because they like the way a QB plays doesn't necessarily means hes a good QB. Just means they like them, nothing wrong with that, but doesn't make them any better than they are. Their play will determine that. Period. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’d say you’re definitely holding Baker to a different standard.

The below are a few of the things that he’s been so good at this year. He’s even leading the league in one category, and ahead of a 2-time SB MVP in another!

CEF161E4-CB89-43A0-B875-A124F097C6FC.thumb.jpeg.2e07757f12dbf6f90772389c5fbf725f.jpeg

Luke Falk completed a pass? Hmmm

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Of all of the Baker related stats and facts in this thread, the only one that gave me pause was that one.

No kidding. The only memory I have of Luke Falk laying down for ten sacks then handing the defender the ball to go score a touchdown. All I can remember. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Sure. I mean so is QBR and DVOA. But each have different merits and some or more accurate than others.

QBs that only do well against bad teams would be the an important sorting factor. Every year we see a guy tearing of win after win and the teams he beats have a combined win titAl of 3. Then they play a winning team and slam back to earth like me after almost a jumping jacks. 

On 12/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, nico002 said:

Call me crazy but I'd still take Baker over Josh Allen and even Lamar Jackson. I just don't see Jackon being effective once the league adjusts and he gets a high ankle sprain. 

In 5 years these will be the rankings.

Darnold
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson 

Crazy 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

See you next week, when you mention me. 

LOL. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:20 PM, Villain The Foe said:

More lies.

Exposed.

Ask me right now they both stink and better take a bath before their 3rd season. Baker certainly had a better roster  on offense and expectations were very high for them. Sam started the season off with mono and two stiffs on the line that probably shouldn’t have suited up on any roster  this year. 

If we want to talk about better or worse then I’d say the comparative would be from their own seasons last year. Baker certainly was much better last year than this year. Sam has been pretty much lack luster both years. Honestly comparing both of them right now is pretty much futile and intellectually dishonest if you ask me. Baker got much worse after a record setting  first year and Sam cleaned up a couple things but still pretty much the guy he was last year. Of course we can  make up reasons and excuses but ultimately it just is. 

Bottom line is for the 1st and 3rd(+ bounty of picks surrendered) overall picks of the draft both of them better take a huge 3rd year leap. The responsibility of fixing whatever is broke around them falls squarely on their respective front office. Right now? I wouldn’t be happy with either of them. If you need me, I will be watching Lamar “ the truth” Jackson playing in the post season. If anyone wants to see what a young hot QB looks like, look no further  than The Truth.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sam Darnold just went 7-6 with arguably the worst team in Football.  He improved in every single measurable passing category in a year his offense regressed tremendously.  I know you're wavering on your support for him but that should be very encouraging and the only people who want to poke holes in it are more here to prove an agenda than to give an objective analysis.  That boogie boarding doofus overcame serious adversity this season and ultimately he ended up on the plus side.  Dont let the Mono and the ghosts thingy cloud your judgement, that kooky ginger never got frustrated and answered with a very strong 2nd half of the season. 

It's very obvious who had a better sophomore campaign and it's very obvious who situation was 100x better.  The Mayfield lovers will argue something about Kitchens but just remember, Baker Mayfield is currently running the Cleveland Browns and hand selected Kitchens to be his coach.  Everything that happened in Cleveland can be traced back to one dude and he sucks. 

That’s all true and so I appreciate it but he is still a huge question mark. He overcame diversity when the schedule got easier. He looked rough against top tier defenses. Giving credit were credit is due he did barely beat a very good Steelers defense. Albeit if Ben played that’s another loss with it a doubt. His last game this year he looked worse than he did on his first. He has mono his first Gabe. That’s reason for concern. 

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agree to disagree, I'm very encouraged with what he did with a practice squad caliber roster. 

So how much better you think that roster will be next year? Good enough for Sam to play at a level to elevate it? Or will we be going into year four still waiting for the roster to catch up? I’m a little down on Darnold but it’s more of a function of the team he plays for. I just don’t see how we are competitive with him before his 4th year. I’ve basically written him off as another Jetsy thing in a long line of Jetsy things. More to protect myself because I wanted to draft him so bad I sorta feel responsible. It’s a shame how they manage this kid so far. Shame. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well, again, we're seeing things totally different so not sure that anything I say matters but I think Sam did elevate the play of the offense.  11 different players on OL, 10 different combos, no running game, no TE, no #1 WR.  The team was piss poor but he managed to go 7-6 and improve in every single passing category.  What QB led a sh*tty team to a +.500 record as a starter this season?  Answer is nobody.  That by my measure is elevating their play despite the poor offense numbers. 

How much better will the roster be next?  TBD but I hope significant.   Trust me I get where you're coming from but I think it's different this time.  I dont know it is but I think there is some merit to support it will be. 

Everything you say matters because I love your soul. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company