Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Baker Mayfield sucks.

Ding Ding Ding Ding

I mean all that’s left to figure out is does his epic melt down rival, or even surpass Ryan Leafs?

I can’t stand Baker, but I’d never put him in the Jamarcus Russell class, Bakers failures won’t be because he didn’t put in the work, or because he wasn’t passionate kid is as passionate as they come.

His over confidence, and cockiness combined with the egos around him, and the way today’s media flip flops on you in a NY minute will he his demise IMO.

Winning cures all, and can alter ones destiny, IMO that is Bakers only real chance at succeeding on the NFL level.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just because he can Scheme against a QB doesn't mean he knows how to scout a QB... Come on... playing defense and taking away QBs tendancies and making them feel uncomfortable in the pocket doesn't mean that he knows how to evaluate College or first year QBs and predict future success. This is a horrible argument.

Rex should never be allowed to pick the groceries for real if he was coaching his impulsive decisions based on irrelevant things just because he thinks they are awesome, or will be cool for another one of his chosen players he loves to get a buddy that has no business being on a practice squad never mind getting drafted.

But maybe when being objective (ha ha ha ha ha a Ryan objective) he may be able to occasionally come up with a good hot take.

But he isn’t there to be correct with his hot takes he is just there to be loud boisterous and to say controversial stuff to get viewership.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No one is saying Baker is Duhmarcus Russellbut the absolute hype train about this guy has been out of control

Thank you for summarizing my post 😂🤣

Seriously though yes overrated always has been, doesn’t mean he won’t get lucky, and succeed though, I’d still not bet on it though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep.  And he clearly gets flustered by it.  That's why he defensively addresses everything said about him or the Browns.  Like the dig he took back at Rex, "he's not wearing colors for a reason" after just saying that what he says doesnt matter.  Just shut up.  You're nothing compared to Rex Ryan, he'd be the best thing to ever happen to the Browns.  

I was just listening to Dan Labatard, they were talking about this...he dropped some stats on Baker that were just puzzling when you consider the hype train.  Stuff like; leaves a clean pocket more than anyone in the NFL, bottom 5 in comp % since week 14 last year, top 5 in turnovers during the time, bottom 5 QBR and a couple other gems, maybe sacks or off target throws...cant remember exactly but it was alarming for someone who carries himself like the best QB in the NFL.

He's better than I expected him to be and I would think with the right coaching/system that he'll be ok but I really want to watch him crash and burn hard because he's such an arrogant pos. 

I’d like to rep this x10!

paging @Villain The Foe 

Your boy Baker is playing with a switch blade while my boy PMIII is twirling double fisted 6 shooters 😂🤣

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Your boy is my boy. Anyone who checks knows I had him as the best QB coming out that year. 

No one saw this level of immediate success though...not even you. This dude Mahomes is f'ing revolutionizing the sport. 

Oh I saw this coming, read through the Mahomes thread on the draft forum.  I said what everyone mostly thought was absurd, and ridiculous when it came to what I thought this kid could do.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Im showing that at this point in time Baker Mayfield isnt able to shoulder the entire offense on his arm.

Hopefully by his 40th birthday which isn’t to far away 😂🤣 he can shoulder the entire offense on his arm.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's quite fair, when anyone can sit back and look at how you're suddenly no longer by yourself in that effort. 

Baker is really helping the cause, indeed. However, that's because folks prayers are being answered. 

Nah if my prayers were answered PM3 would be wearing Gotham green.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im about to open up a Patrick Mahomes thread for you. Here you go. 

Good call Lupz! :-)

Or you can just bump mine from 3 years ago in the draft thread.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

3ABC8192-C80F-40BE-A4E6-7E934AA07E5A.jpeg

Once they get rid of Baker this may be true.

• Thumb Down 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company