Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

On 9/25/2019 at 11:02 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, Baker has had 3 consecutive bad weeks.  Isn't it possible that, with a year of tape and an offseason to re-calibrate, the league has "caught up" to Mayfield?  

It'll be up to Baker to make adjustments/improvements, and perhaps he will.  But it's silly not to take new information into account when evaluating a player.  

Or the schedule wasnt the cream puff schedule he had after the Browns 1 win and 0 win seasons

Also the loudmouth, people doubt me so I'm going to not shut up, even talk about my own players nonsense loses its effect, turns, after a while

I know this, I told Villain and the rest of the Baker fan boys, the press likes to build you up early, dont feed them because as soon as you stumble they'll come down on you like a ton of bricks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The schedule thing is a complete myth.  Since they expanded and realigned in 2002 only 2 games are determined based on where you finished the year before(and sometimes those 2 games turn out to be more difficult than the 2 games for this AFC North teams that finished ahead of them) so them winning 7 games last year had little to do with how bad they were the previous season.

Right now they are 2-3 and in the thick of the AFC North race. They had a great win last week and a terrible showing last night but there's a long way to go.

Yeah a myth, come on, you dont think they had an easier schedule last season compared to this season?  

They have Seattle, the Pats, Denver, Bills the next 4 weeks, which game is a given win?  They better not go 1-3 because then their schedule gets a bit easier

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I haven't looked at it but only 2 games are determined by where you finish. They finished in 3rd place last year so the 2 games based on that finish are Vs Tennessee and at Denver.  They got crushed by Ten but neither of those teams are very good.  Their issues are about themselves, playing with expectations for the first time and a HC that doesn't look ready for that job. 

No one thought they would go into Baltimore and win so who knows but I'd think they beat Denver and Buffalo.

Yeah, sometimes it works out that way, so what, the schedule is tougher.

Whats the argument.  Pick and choose them better 

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nobody leaves a clean pocket more than Baker Mayfield in the entire NFL because he's a pussy.

Big mouthed punks usually are.

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

stop it michael jordan GIF

Big man deleted that post?

On 10/8/2019 at 2:45 PM, JiF said:

And that was what, 2 years ago?  Nobody likes Baker Mayfield other than Baker Mayfield and Villain.  Everyone else in the world knows he's a punk ass bitch.

A punk bitch who since his first start in Cleveland leads the NFL in INTs.

Mr Accuracy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Btw where is the “Mariota is overrated as hell” thread?

Right there with the Mariota was the QB I wanted here thread.

Kind of not getting the point are we?

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Watching little Baker throw 3 picks and lose another game will never get old.  It’s fun to watch.  

Since he became a starter he leads the league in INTs.

Thats with a good OL, RB and running game and at least one star WR, two this year.

Remember when everyone here thought OBJ with Landry would be unstoppable?  Good times

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Most interceptions by any Browns QB since 1984 through the first 6 weeks of a season. Just leaving this here.....11 by the way.

🤷‍♂️

Most INTs by any NFL QB since he was put in as the Browns starter.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:32 AM, More Cowbell said:

Not neccesarily.  I haven't  seen all his picks that went off hands but the only time I fault a WR for a pick is if after it hits him in the hands, he pops the ball into the air. If the ball grazes off the WR's hands, it's  possibly still a catchable ball if the player makes an outstanding effort, but probably is not placed as well as it could have been. If all of the passes were batted into the air, I then totally agree

Since the day BM has started he’s led the league in INTs. 
No excuses.  He threw them.  No other QBs INTs are charted with *s

Hes been less than good, less than accurate 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Baker and Sam have been left in the dust by Jackson and Allen.

If it makes @Jet Nut and @Philc1 feel better to rag on Mayfield the same day Darnold put 6 points up on the board and lost to the 0-11 Bengals, God bless them. 

The thread is yours, gentlemen.

Not by Allen, I watch him plenty of times.  He's on a better team, surrounded by better players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t know about that, my friend. He’s played very well the last two months, the kid seems to have “it”, whatever that is, lol.

I don’t remember the numbers, but did you see the graphic they showed in the Dallas game Thursday with his numbers during this stretch as opposed to the first 3 or 4 games this year? They were eye popping.

I had my doubts about him last year, but I’m impressed with what he’s been doing this season. I have to give him his due, it looks like Buffalo has their guy.

I was one of the few who liked him and wasn't all that scared of having him be the QB we were "stuck" with if that's how it played out.

Just think a lot of the success is because he's playing with a lot more talent around him.  If he played behind the joke of a OL we put in front of SD I think mew may be looking at things differently 

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

he'd have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more rushing yards and fewer sacks than our guy

Says who?

Based on what?  Running QBs behind a porous OL get sacked at record rates, look at early Vick

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2019 at 10:02 PM, 14 in Green said:

Baker and Sam have been left in the dust by Jackson and Allen.

If it makes @Jet Nut and @Philc1 feel better to rag on Mayfield the same day Darnold put 6 points up on the board and lost to the 0-11 Bengals, God bless them. 

The thread is yours, gentlemen.

Allen has left no one in the dust.  He’s behind Sam and probably Baker. 
I never ragged on Baker other than those who love that he has a big mouth and grabbed his balls contingent think that makes a qb and went on about his unbelievable accuracy.    

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You waited two weeks to bring this up?

I divorced the last person who pulled this kind of stunt, lol.😜

I'm in a fog these last two weeks, go easy buddy.

Actually got a notification and it went to this post, didn't even realize it was an oldie that I already read.  I'm losing it!

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2019 at 2:32 PM, JiF said:

Now, if only Tom Brady could get knocked into retirement, I might be all the way back in by next season.

Thats for this weekend when Tennessee beats him up and shuts sends him on his way

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2019 at 5:00 PM, JTJet said:

My personal favorite commercial is him cleaning up the trash in the seats after his friends leave. 

Has to feel pretty similar to the end of his season. Lol.

And might be where he winds up if his downslide from grace continues 

On 12/31/2019 at 12:13 PM, Villain The Foe said:

But Darnold is Better than Baker, right?????

So shouldnt the better QB be raising the level of the players around him????

Your hate never makes sense. But when does hate ever make sense? 

Darnold has the better overall coaching and better defense. The Browns had arguably the worst coaching staff in the league. The jets Defense was top 10...7th to be exact, the Browns was 22nd. The Jets had a slightly better turnover differential. Those WR's you keep talking about, well OBJ was 2nd in the league in Wide Receiver errors, which makes sense as 12 of Baker's 21 INT's hit the hands of his receivers. 

The Browns have a better Oline, only because they have Joel Bitonio. JC Tretter is a an average C, but their other guard spot as well as their tackles are garbage.

Hes better because of his play on the field not the ridiculous idea that because hes better he should be able to make lemonade out of lemons.  No one would have raised the level of his WR group while overcoming the OL play in front of him.  

Darnold on the Browns and they're in the playoffs doing all that was predicted.  Even with his bout of mono

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Really? That's not what the career numbers say. 

Whos career numbers are you talking about?

I'm disputing the idea that Darnold should have been able to elevate the scrub WRs he plays with into OBJ and Landry like

Think you missed my point, it wasn't worded quite like I wanted it to read.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Gotcha. :thumbup:

No problem 😎

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Sponge bob is a better Q though.  

And is more accurate 

4 total was my answer

Should be everyones answer for 1st round QBs.  Sam or any of his 1st round class

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

14 in Green is ok. Insane but harmless 😂 

He has his convictions and can also bust balls jokingly.

A lot better than being arrogant, dissecting every number searching for excuses, blaming everyone else and then telling anyone who disagrees that they're lacking comprehension.

Down deep hes a good guy.  Misguided but a good guy.  😁

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Asof now his ceiling looks like Kirk Cousins

Based on pretty much nothing.

Arm strength on down

Not that Cousins is an insult

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

True.  Admittedly it’s tough to always decipher when it’s breaking balls and when it isn’t but either way I agree.  At the end of the day it’s just sports nothing should be taken too seriously.  It’s a great distraction from pressures of work/families 

You get good at it after a while.

Youre so right 

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2020 at 4:34 PM, Losmeister said:

As of now Sam has 2 years @ 43.5 QBR, so he i looking up SIGNIFICANTLY to get to Cousins level of efficiency.

Since Cous starts significant games ...look at the TD/INT and QBR...  

Sams arm is average strength.

And Cousins threw only a handful of passes every year until year 4

Along with I could give a damn what ESPNs stupid rankings say about Sam.  

Sams arm is lightyears better than Cousins and is as strong as anyone outside of the top few QBs.  You should go back and read his scouting reports.  

When someone says this and think its significant it becomes apparent they don't know what they're talking about.

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company