Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, maybe folks shouldnt give two sh*ts about my avatar. 

Look at how wrong Greenwich just was just now. Totally claimed that I changed my avatar after the Browns win, when I was talking to Crusher throughout the game while the game was in play, with that avatar. 

Sometimes it's not excuses, its obsession. Folks literally thirst of the sh*t they claim I do. It's made up in their head. That's what it is. 

Meh, I thought you put it up after the game too but I thought it was funny.  I remember laughing at it and saying something along the lines of champs are made in week 4.  Or something.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Meh, I thought you put it up after the game too but I thought it was funny.  I remember laughing at it and saying something along the lines of champs are made in week 4.  Or something.  

Na, folks just "think" im trolling. They "think" they're important.  I was just excited for the game. 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Curious how many of you can be so obsessed with getting VIllian to eat crow over being a Baker fan boy while at the same time believing Villian is the ridiculous one in this exchange 

meh... I tend to call out dishonesty from time to time.  No big deal.  

27 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Curious how upset you’ll be that I’m having dreams about your special friend. 

Its bothered me the first few times but I've come to accept that Villian owns significant real estate in that tiny brain of yours

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont care what you want. Either talk about the topic here or go kick rocks. My avatar, my position, my opinion is going to stay the exact same until I deem otherwise. 

Either deal with it or dont deal with it. I dont really care. However, either talk about the general nature of the thread, or admit that you're hijacking the thread. 

Better yet, Im just going to follow what Crusher said. 

You liked another qb before glennon.  Did your opinion change of him and how long did it take. 

23 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

unpopular opinion: 

Baker Mayfield is still going to be good. 

In all, I think this is good for him... He needs a bit of humble pie.

He can still be his brash self but I think its going to take an offseason of studying to get there. I actually think Baker is really smart but he has been thrown into a gauntlet of tough teams with a rookie HC. Unfortunately I am not sure Kitchens is going to make it to year 2. 

Baker seems like the type of guy that when he gets knocked down, he will come back with a vengeance.... After this year, I could see him cutting down on all the extra-circular activities and start playing better.

He was the top pick in the draft.  He better be good. 

I do agree he might buckle down after a bad year. 

14 hours ago, JiF said:

So I wont watch the NFL anymore but I'm traveling for work and we went out last night for some food and drinks and the game was on.  The NFL is trash.  Has there been a single game worth watching on a primetime game this year?  Like, is a casual fan with no dog in the fight actually sitting through that embarrassment of a competition? 

Oh and yeah, Baker Mayfield is absolute trash. What a turd that dude is as terrible as it was to watch that game (I was mostly watching baseball) it's great to see karma circle back around and smacks dick bags like him the face. 

The Seattle game was pretty good

2 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Buckling down won't make him taller or a better athlete.

But it could make him a more comfortable, more experienced quarterback.

Russell Wilson is 2 inches shorter than Mayfield yet is having an MVP-like season right now. This height talk has forever been overrated. 

He doesnt need to be a better athlete to gain composure in the pocket. Tom Brady isnt athletic, but has some of the best pocket presence you'll find. 

If Sam Darnold had a game like Baker Mayfield just had which was Geno Smith like, Jet fans would be losing their minds. 

Baker Mayfield was throwing against Trumaine Johnson & Roberts with Mosely out & a rookie LB playing his 1st game when he played the Jets this year with Leonard Williams tied up at the LOS to boot. 

Im gonna go out on a limb & say that Sam Darnold will NEVER have a game as bad as Baker played Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

Will be interesting to see what happens once they fire Monken, aftering seeing Winston get better and Mayfield get worse someone has to look the the common denominator - the OC - glad he is not coaching Sam

Mayfields performance was the reason Kitchens got the job and that team is not built to tank so expect Dorsey to step in soon

42 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That’s better. Let’s see how long you keep that up. If your inability to let go of the played out Joe Willy/teh gayzzz/topless men joke over the last few months is any indication, it won’t be long.

Apparently you know me far better than I know you.

So tell me, is there anyone on here with more than 10 posts you aren't stalking ??

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Apparently you know me far better than I know you.

So tell me, is there anyone on here with more than 10 posts you aren't stalking ??

You seem to forget that this is a public forum. I don't need to stalk anyone in order to form an understanding of their posts. The more nonstop stupid sh*t you post, the easier it is for me to understand your JN persona. I just happen to enjoy calling people on it. So far, you and villain have made it easiest on me. Ironically, it's similar to how it's easy to call Baker on his stupid sh*t, because he makes sure to constantly put it out there.

Not sure if you suffer from some sort of memory loss, but you've followed me around various parts of JN posting sh*t and interjecting in convos that you weren't initially part of, so this whole 'playing dumb' thing you're doing in terms of knowing my JN persona is nonsensical. Fortunately there's a search feature here that you can utilize to jog your memory if in fact you can't remember. Either way, this is getting stale, as it always does with you. So you can take the last word. Have at it!

Well, moving on from folks obsession...in other news, its good to see some independent folks expose Sherman for that stupid lie he told while also comparing how he claimed that it was some "college sh t" at the same time showing how Nick Bosa waites 2 years to do some "college sh t" by planting the flag after the game...in his own stadium. 

Folks and even players on the low really love the Mayfield antics. 

You cant lie and claim that what he did was college stuff while watching teammates do college stuff in the pros that they were waiting so long to do. 

That's almost like a compliment to Mayfield actually. ?

I really love this league! 

• Haha 1