Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I can understand that. 

I ask everyone who has said something similar to this. I ask,...Have you watched all, of even most of the games that Gase and Kitchens coached this year? 

I havent had one "yes" answer yet. 

I've watched both teams this year, and If I had to take one as my coach, im running to grab Gase. Please, ton misconstrue this as being some "Gase is a good coach" situation. Gase should be fired and in reality, he should have never gotten the job and folks are hyping up the last 10 games though we only played 2 teams with a winning record (Ravens, Bills) and the Bills pulled their starters in week 17 so that doesnt even mean much. 

Gase is getting a pass on winning against bad teams, while at the same time folks are ignoring to two teams he lost two that didnt even have wins this season...simply because it didnt happen lately. 

Adam Gase is a bad coach. Jets fans will be saying this next year in October....like we always do. 

However, with that said...Kitchens was abysmal. 

I think everybody agrees Kitchens sucks but I’m not gonna totally blame him for Mayfield sucking this year.  As much as I dislike Gase I’m not gonna blame him for Sam not taking the big step forward I wanted.  However as bad as Kitchens was there still was enough talent/protection  around Baker for him to be better than he was 

9 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I still think he's going to be a great QB. Right now he may have talent but he certainly doesn't have even decent coaching. I'll also say his numbers are comparable to Sammys.

He has talent for sure I never dispute that.  I just don’t know how hogh his ceiling is and his attitude gets on my nerves.  Plus despite bad coach he still had enough talent around him to do better than he did 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think you're talking about Darnold here, right?

If so, this is a fair evaluation.

Nope it was Baker but thanks 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

@Philc1

@Jets723

@JiF

This is how to be critical yet honest. 

Nah I was pretty honest when we talked a few weeks ago and had a pretty nice conversation about it.  I admitted that I wasn’t a Baker fan but I never said he wasn’t talented.  I never put all the blame on him but I did say he took a step backward.  You seemed to agree on that and even mentioned my post as being honest and fair take.  I assumed we were in a civil agreement there 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You didnt verbally put all the blame on him, but you certainly supported folks comments that did. 

I agreed with some of what you said because you were being critical, yet honest. As of late, the things you've supported havent been consistent with that. 

Nope not at all.  I was being honest the and now and you seemed to appreciate that.  I made no bones about it...I don’t like Baker but I also said the guy had talent. I also said that I respected that he is your favorite player But I still tried to be honest without taking shots at him.  As for “supporting” others a lot of it is joking around so you shouldn’t take offense to it.  However I think those people do make a lot of fair points too.  Anyway when it comes to our conversations I felt like I was fair and respectful knowing your feelings for Baker.  But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna support him all of a sudden lol.  

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Yes, yes all the way. You were being honest, while supporting dishonesty. 

Playing the passive aggressor. I see you! 

Whatever you tell yourself Buddy. **** this 😂 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You're a good guy 723.

There's nothing wrong with being a Jets fan boy on a NY Jets message board.

Just say what you mean, and mean what you say.

You're allowed to get into it, and disagree with people here. As a matter of fact, people will respect you more for taking a stance and arguing it.

I do take a stance and stand by it.  I just don’t like you are two faced about it.  I made the mistake once of being too trusting but not again.  I have nothing against you personally but it’s better just to agree to disagree and ignore each other.  Take care 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Okay, so I guess that means we won't talk again for what? Another hour? :-({|=

As long as you stop contacting me or pulling up old posts of mine it should last longer lol 😂 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hes right, you know!

14 in Green is ok. Insane but harmless 😂 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He has his convictions and can also bust balls jokingly.

A lot better than being arrogant, dissecting every number searching for excuses, balms everyone else and then telling anyone who disagrees that they're lacking comprehension.

Down deep hes a good guy.  Misguided but a good guy.  LOL

True.  Admittedly it’s tough to always decipher when it’s breaking balls and when it isn’t but either way I agree.  At the end of the day it’s just sports nothing should be taken too seriously.  It’s a great distraction from pressures of work/families 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Based on pretty much nothing.

Arm strength on down

Not that Cousins is an insult

If Sam helps bring us a Super Bowl I could care less who he ends up becoming lol 

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You get good at it after a while.

Youre so right 

Thanks man.  Appreciate it!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The few Baker fanboys on here are going to hold onto that idea as long as they possibly can. 

That's just what it is - they love the idea of Baker - the short guy with a chip on his shoulder who tells everyone how tough he is, grabs his crotch, and is too much of a badass to use coach speak or sports platitudes when addressing the media. 

At the beginning of the year, Baker was ready to take the league by storm. He had one of the best collections of WRs and running backs in the league and was playing for a guy he loved. He was inspiring a young team to greatness. He was the King of the North. 

Then, he regressed in every major statistical category, completed less than 60% of his passes, and posted a whopping 3.9 interception percentage (yikes). Now, suddenly his WRs are overrated and the fact that he had one of the best running games in the entire league is somehow not particularly relevant. 

It is sublime silliness, but you just have to enjoy the ride. Personally, my favorite part of the playoffs are the Mayfield commercials. 

Look I have absolutely no problem with jet fans being fans of Lamar or Baker that’s their right and I respect that.  I just don’t like when they say that fans who like Sam make excuses for him which isn’t true.  I’ve said 1000 times what Sam needs to improve on.  I never once blamed Gase even though I never wanted Gase here in the first place.  I even admitted Sam was the QB I wanted rightly or wrongly.  If I’m wrong about him I will admit I was wrong but I think we got a good one.  I could care less if he ever becomes a MVP or has flashy stats if he helps bring us a Super Bowl I’m happy 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company