Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Because the same drones regurgitate it when Mayfield has a bad day and the opposing clowns puke the thread back to the top when he has a good day.  It goes nowhere, serves no purpose and is a bit moldy.  That siad, I really don't care anyway. So carry on.

Maybe just don’t read it?...that way those who are interested can carry on and those who aren’t can also carry on

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Baker and Sam have been left in the dust by Jackson and Allen.

If it makes @Jet Nut and @Philc1 feel better to rag on Mayfield the same day Darnold put 6 points up on the board and lost to the 0-11 Bengals, God bless them. 

The thread is yours, gentlemen.

I've posted in this thread for the past few weeks. 

No one was interested over the past 3 weeks. There was no hate to spew as Mayfield played well against some top 10 defenses. I was literally posting in this thread by myself since November 10th. What we're seeing right now proves that these dudes are nothing but haters that only show up when it's convenient.

Suddenly, when Mayfield gets stop by the #5 defense, yet Darnold produced zero points against the 0-11 bengals that's ranked 31st in defense, the usual suspects are back again lol. Atleast Mayfield had a TD. And what about "BM" and his inaccuracies? Sam Darnold STILL cant lead Robby Anderson open with a simple f'ing accurate pass. How many times must Robby come back for the ball only to be exposed as not being DeAndre Hopkins and saving his QB week after week? Only to watch fans then blame Robby for Sam's sh*tty f'ing deep passes, though Robby beat his man and is open but has to come back to a bad pass. I know my guy @Losmeister has talked about this plenty of times. However, Sam will get the "Yeah, it was undertrown, but still catchable" treatment. How about Sam throw an accurate pass downfield before folks start talking about BM, and not become the QB in NFL history to lose to 2 winless teams in the same season. How about not doing that? 

And to think, watching @Philc1 here talking nonsense, yet not saying at word in either the "PFF on Quinnen Williams" or "Name one Jets offensive lineman that you definitely want back next year as a starter. You can't." threads, given that he was such huge advocate for QW and claimed that this offensive line was "okay" and wasnt the worst in the league...is just hilarious to see. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've posted in this thread for the past few weeks. 

No one was interested over the past 3 weeks. There was no hate to spew as Mayfield played well against some top 10 defenses. I was literally posting in this thread by myself since November 10th. What we're seeing right now proves that these dudes are nothing but haters that only show up when it's convenient.

Suddenly, when Mayfield gets stop by the #5 defense, yet Darnold produced zero points against the 0-11 bengals that's ranked 31st in defense, the usual suspects are back again lol. Atleast Mayfield had a TD. And what about "BM" and his inaccuracies? Sam Darnold STILL cant lead Robby Anderson open with a simple f'ing accurate pass. How many times must Robby come back for the ball only to be exposed as not being DeAndre Hopkins and saving his QB week after week? Only to watch fans then blame Robby for Sam's sh*tty f'ing deep passes, though Robby beat his man and is open but has to come back to a bad pass. I know my guy @Losmeister has talked about this plenty of times. However, Sam will get the "Yeah, it was undertrown, but still catchable" treatment. How about Sam throw an accurate pass downfield before folks start talking about BM, and not become the QB in NFL history to lose to 2 winless teams in the same season. How about not doing that? 

And to think, watching @Philc1 here talking nonsense, yet not saying at word in either the "PFF on Quinnen Williams" or "Name one Jets offensive lineman that you definitely want back next year as a starter. You can't." threads, given that he was such huge advocate for QW and claimed that this offensive line was "okay" and wasnt the worst in the league...is just hilarious to see. 

Villain your assessment of BM (that’s his new nickname) just goes to show how little you know about the quarterback position in the nfl

BM was a one read system guy at Oklahoma playing soft defenses.  Those guys never last in the nfl.  

Vince Young and RG3 from the same conference and system guys as BM had similarly good rookie years and then everything fell off a cliff and they got exposed

And the crazy thing is BM is actually in a better position to succeed than VY or RG3 his skill position weapons are vastly superior to anything they had and he looks even worse

So keep ripping me for rooting for my team’s players

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Villain your assessment of BM (that’s his new nickname) just goes to show how little you know about the quarterback position in the nfl

BM was a one read system guy at Oklahoma playing soft defenses.  Those guys never last in the nfl.  

Vince Young and RG3 from the same conference and system guys as BM had similarly good rookie years and then everything fell off a cliff and they got exposed

And the crazy thing is BM is actually in a better position to succeed than VY or RG3 his skill position weapons are vastly superior to anything they had and he looks even worse

Villain really has it bad for Baker ? 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So keep ripping me for rooting for my team’s players

That's the only reason WHY you're not ripping Sam, which shows your lack of honesty when it comes to Jets players. 

This is why your assessment is irrelevant. You'll support anything thinking that being honest is somehow not being a fan or rooting for your team. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's the only reason WHY you're not ripping Sam, which shows your lack of honesty when it comes to Jets players. 

This is why your assessment is irrelevant. You'll support anything thinking that being honest is somehow not being a fan or rooting for your team. 

I don’t care if you think my assessment is irrelevant it’s been accurate day 1 regarding the Sucky Midget

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t care if you think my assessment is irrelevant it’s been accurate day 1 regarding the Sucky Midget

You've not been correct since you've signed up for a Jetnation account. 

You dont have to care about what I think, the only thing that matters most is your position on your team, right? 

Maybe you should go accept your incorrect position on that Defensive Tackle who was the next Aaron Darnold, or that Offensive line you told me time and time again wasnt trash. 

Maybe you should talk about those things than some sucky midget from another team that you're never around for when he's playing well. 

Maybe you can go to any of of those SD threads and provide more excuses for why he was owned by a bottom defense with no wins...for the 2nd time in 1 season. 

Sometimes hitting the record books can suck. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You've not been correct since you've signed up for a Jetnation account. 

You dont have to care about what I think, the only thing that matters most is your position on your team, right? 

Maybe you should go accept your incorrect position on that Defensive Tackle who was the next Aaron Darnold, or that Offensive line you told me time and time again wasnt trash. 

Maybe you should talk about those things than some sucky midget from another team that you're never around for when he's playing well. 

Maybe you can go to any of of those SD threads and provide more excuses for why he was owned by a bottom defense with no wins...for the 2nd time in 1 season. 

Sometimes hitting the record books can suck. 

Blah blah more ripping me for rooting for my team’s players.  I wanted Josh Allen and even started threads screaming for Allen.  Q has sucked but will get better

Baker Mayfield friggin sucks.  He’s mediocre, makes bad reads , is undersized and unathletic and  is mentally weak. He’s a glorified Kellen Clemens

The pussy bitch Mayfield won’t even be in the nfl in 3 years.  Q will

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, Philc1 said:

You have zero proof Rex wanted Tebow

The entire theory is ludicrous. Rex insisted on sticking with Sanchez until he felt he was forced to make a change because Sanchez just wouldn't stop turning the ball over. So then it would be TEBOW, right? I mean he was the 2nd string QB according to the roster chart? No. Instead, Rex skips over Tebow and hands the starter job to Greg McElroy. A kid with ZERO starting experience. But yet posters on this site think it was Rex's idea to trade for Tebow. They probably also believe in Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster and thigh masters.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The entire theory is ludicrous. Rex insisted on sticking with Sanchez until he felt he was forced to make a change because Sanchez just wouldn't stop turning the ball over. So then it would be TEBOW, right? I mean he was the 2nd string QB according to the roster chart? No. Instead, Rex skips over Tebow and hands the starter job to Greg McElroy. A kid with ZERO starting experience. But yet posters on this site think it was Rex's idea to trade for Tebow. They probably also believe in Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster and thigh masters.

Woody wanted Tebow.  He was his hero.  That’s why he forced Tanny to trade for him as soon as Elway made him available 

Jets end up with Tebow and Stephen Hill instead of Russell Wilson

Brilliant ownership 

20 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Pretty much what you sound like, and when you dont sound like it it's when you're not around to talk about when you're wrong. Because you never show up for those moments. 

That's just weak and lame movements.

What do you want me to say?  The two biggest qb busts of the last 5 years are Baker and Marcus Mariota

I give you credit for sticking with it.  Most of the Baker and Mariota lovers are as quiet as it gets talk about failure being an orphan 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What do you want me to say?  The two biggest qb busts of the last 5 years are Baker and Marcus Mariota

I give you credit for sticking with it.  Most of the Baker and Mariota lovers are as quiet as it gets talk about failure being an orphan 

Oh, Im sorry. I thought you were saying something about QW or that Oline. Oh that's right. You duck and hide like those Mariota lovers.

In reality, what you think you're debating against, you really are inside. 

I dont need credit from a person who cant do what im doing, which is not disappearing everytime there's a loss

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh, Im sorry. I thought you were saying something about QW or that Oline. Oh that's right. You duck and hide like those Mariota lovers.

In reality, what you think you're debating against, you really are inside. 

I dont need credit from a person who cant do what im doing, which is not disappearing everytime there's a loss

Check out that pinpoint accuracy

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Check out that pinpoint accuracy

This isnt pinpoint accuracy. That's a bad interception. He's out there seeing ghosts. 

You want to see pinpoint accuracy though?

Below is a Rookie highlight video of GW on fire, who you said was like the next Aaron Darnold

Enjoy.

Better yet, how about going to that QW thread and actually making a comment since YOU'RE so accurate. Here's the link since you seem not to be able to find it in order to even make a comment. Oh that's right, when you're wrong, you dont show your face. You pretend like it doesnt exist, never respond and move on. So for you to be "this guy" here in the Mayfield thread???? So typical of you since you've been here. Me? I show up, no matter right or wrong. Not just to talk crap, then disappear when there's no crap to mention.

And when you respond with more nonsense, I'll make sure to drop off how accurate you've been with your Offensive Line predictions as well along with sending you a link to the Offensive lIne thread that you also havent shown your face in as well because you're the type to talk crap then disappear when wrong. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This isnt pinpoint accuracy. That's a bad interception. He's out there seeing ghosts. 

You want to see pinpoint accuracy though?

Below is a Rookie highlight video of GW on fire, who you said was like the next Aaron Darnold

Enjoy.

Better yet, how about going to that QW thread and actually making a comment since YOU'RE so accurate. Here's the link since you seem not to be able to find it in order to even make a comment. Oh that's right, when you're wrong, you dont show your face. You pretend like it doesnt exist, never respond and move on. So for you to be "this guy" here in the Mayfield thread???? So typical of you since you've been here. Me? I show up, no matter right or wrong. Not just to talk crap, then disappear when there's no crap to mention.

And when you respond with more nonsense, I'll make sure to drop off how accurate you've been with your Offensive Line predictions as well along with sending you a link to the Offensive lIne thread that you also havent shown your face in as well because you're the type to talk crap then disappear when wrong. 

Again you equate me rooting for a jets draft pick who hasn’t been good but will get better to you going on nonstop diatribes against us the past 3 years about how Baker Mayfield is the better version of Drew Brees 

54 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Again you equate me rooting for a jets draft pick who hasn’t been good but will get better to you going on nonstop diatribes against us the past 3 years about how Baker Mayfield is the better version of Drew Brees 

Again, you equate being wrong about a player and subsequently disappearing with rooting for a Jets draft pick when you were making these assertions before he was even a Jet. 

You're not as good at lying as you are disappearing when you're wrong. 

To double down on that, You said that I was issuing nonstop diatribes "against you all", over the past 3 years about how Baker Mayfield is better than Drew Brees. 

Lets put your lying arse to the test (I love doing this). How about you find me one (just one) of these many comments where I was spewing in the face of ALL OF YOU that Baker Mayfield "is better than Drew Brees". 

If you can do that, I wont even respond. I'll immediately delete my account so you all wont have to hear another day of it. 

Or are you lying again while being a no show in those QW convos? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, That's what I thought. A liar.

A Half hour later with my account on the line, and you cant come up with 1 comment from this alleged 3 years worth of diatribes from me????????

You're just a salty individual who projects what he does onto others in order to be comfortable spewing his diatribes about Baker Mayfield and those who like him.

You will be ignored forever by me in this thread. Your thoughts hold no sort of weight given your actions. You're just a hater.

On 12/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, That's what I thought. A liar.

A Half hour later with my account on the line, and you cant come up with 1 comment from this alleged 3 years worth of diatribes from me????????

You're just a salty individual who projects what he does onto others in order to be comfortable spewing his diatribes about Baker Mayfield and those who like him.

You will be ignored forever by me in this thread. Your thoughts hold no sort of weight given your actions. You're just a hater.

I’m not a hater I’m just someone who disagreed with you about Baker and you’re now having a meltdown 

Sam and Baker are pretty similar right now. Baker is more confident and the better overall player, but here is what I see:

When the first read is open on a quick hitting pass or rollout both players are effective.

Any sort of 5 step drop where they have to go through their progression they are an absolute mess. Both players leave the pocket way too early and can’t read simple coverages. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The only reason they elevated Kitchens to head coach was because of Baker. 

People being really tough on Baker. Imagine having to live in a stadium!

(In all seriousness, it's too early to take a call on him - let's see how he handles the sophomore slump)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kitchens isnt a HC in this league. With that said. Baker's statline isnt really bad, and he probably had about 40-50 yards worth of dropped passes in this game as well. 

His 250 2TD 1INT performance could have been better for sure. 

Garbage time playing against quarters preven made his stats look better than they were

Baker Mayfield sucks

• Post of the Week 1