Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

On 12/17/2019 at 1:09 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

@Villain The Foe chill out, this is a JETS forum so enough with being the Baker defender. He’s just not having a good season and that’s a fact. Oh and btw your boy isn’t king of the north there’s a guy over in Baltimore named Lamar Jackson that I believe has claimed that crown. 

First, Ill quote myself.

On 12/16/2019 at 10:32 AM, Villain The Foe said:

That was Vegas digging in peoples pockets...let's be real.

7th highest SB odds for a team with a losing record the year prior, dont know the last time they had a winning record or made the playoffs and with an unknown head coach? Because of OBJ who's only been on 1 team with a winning record and made the playoffs once himself, no different with Landry? We both know that this was Vegas playing clean up. So much so that you didnt even believe it, and as a Baker fan, I never even reiterated such odds. I thought they had a legit shot at the playoffs though...dont get me wrong, but 7th odds for the SB? Anyone who considered that deserved to hand over their money.

Everything else you typed was valid though, this SB odds mean nothing but profit for folks who put out the odds and selling it to folks who are emotionally attached to their team. 

I said this before...How about the Browns get a winning record first, win their division first, maybe even earn a playoff birth first. 

That's called "hype" because it was based on nothing substantial. 

Baker's stats are his stats. There's no way around that. What makes it bad is that as a talent, he's better than what he's produced this season. Definite regression there. 

The coaching staff needs to go for sure. 

On 12/16/2019 at 2:25 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Well, I have those places bolded. If you want to explain what I misunderstood in those bolded sentences then go for it. But I think that I comprehend this language well enough to know what "Cant just blame coaching" means, when that's not what I did, or "Baker wanted this head coach" as if the decision was Baker's or the outcome of coaching is somehow Baker's fault. 

Im more than willing to just go with the "Baker Mayfield is having a bad sophomore season", as that's pretty damn accurate. 

The extra curricular isnt necessary. 

Ill also speak on anything I want to speak on for how ever long I decide to speak on it since this is also an NFL forum. Maybe you should go read the entirety of what this forum is. Doing that will clear up some things for you. 

Not one mod nor the owner of this site has ever claimed that I'm doing things outside of the rules. 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:33 PM, Villain The Foe said:

True. The team looks terrible because the coaching staff is terrible. 

To support that, folks will agree that this team has talent, yet every bit of that talent has regressed. 

Kitchens is a bad coach but he’s not the reason Mayfield is probably the worst starting qb in the nfl currently

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Call me crazy but I'd still take Baker over Josh Allen and even Lamar Jackson. I just don't see Jackon being effective once the league adjusts and he gets a high ankle sprain. 

In 5 years these will be the rankings.

Darnold
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson 

Yes indeed you are crazy.  Mayfield will be pulling a sanchez like bounce from team to team as a 3rd stringer in 5 years.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Call me crazy but I'd still take Baker over Josh Allen and even Lamar Jackson. I just don't see Jackon being effective once the league adjusts and he gets a high ankle sprain. 

Darnold
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson 

Mayfield won’t even be in the nfl in 3 years

book it.

• Sympathy 1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, nico002 said:

Darnold
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson 

Crazy 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He played a little better against the best team right now. But still a disappointment this season considering all the talent he has around him

Folks who only bump this thread after losses dont watch the games. 

Too busy making "lets root for Steelers" threads, then quick to claim to be a ride or die Jets fan. 

With that said, Freddie Kitchens is the worst coach in the league right now. The Browns had this game but Kitchens literally gave the game away in 4 minutes, 2 minutes before halftime and 2 minutes afterwards. 

His game management and redzone design has to be the worst I've seen. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Too busy making "lets root for Steelers" threads, then quick to claim to be a ride or die Jets fan. 

With that said, Freddie Kitchens is the worst coach in the league right now. The Browns had this game but Kitchens literally gave the game away in 4 minutes, 2 minutes before halftime and 2 minutes afterwards. 

I just watched your boy Baker throw a game ending pick

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I felt I was very fair.  I said he played better.  I even stated that the Ravens are just too good right now.  However I’m not gonna excuse his poor play this season on the coach.  If he had zero support and terrible coaching I could understand giving him a break. I understand that you are probably the biggest Mayfield fan here and I honestly respect that.  I don’t think it’s all on Baker but he has been disappointing. Maybe he bounces back next year and it’s just a sophomore slump

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I felt I was very fair.  I said he played better.  I even stated that the Ravens are just too good right now.  However I’m not gonna excuse his poor play this season on the coach.  If he had zero support and terrible coaching I could understand giving him a break. I understand that you are probably the biggest Mayfield fan here and I honestly respect that.  I don’t think it’s all on Baker but he has been disappointing. Maybe he bounces back next year and it’s just a sophomore slump

Not a slump this is the real guy

Just now, Philc1 said:

I just watched your boy Baker throw a game ending pick

I watched Max lock this stupid arse thread. 

And to think, how you held that "Im a Jets fan through and through" position when talking about Quinnen Williams, who by the way finally got a sack 16 weeks into the season, but were looking to root against the team. 

"Lie" is your middle name isnt it? 

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You quoted my original post and made it seem like I was just bashing the guy.  

No, you didnt bump the thread, nor do you bump it everytime Baker either plays poorly or the Browns as a team lose.

I thought that by you understanding what you "didnt" do, along with how you were indeed honest, that you'd see that I was shooting down folks who are just being a hater, something you didnt do just now. 

My bad for the confusion. You were being honest in your point of view. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, you didnt bump the thread, nor do you bump it everytime Baker either plays poorly or the Browns as a team lose.

I thought that by you understanding what you "didnt" do, along with how you were indeed honest, that you'd see that I was shooting down folks who are just being a hater, something you didnt do just now. 

My bad for the confusion. You were being honest in your point of view. 

It’s tough to see over the internet what a poster really means sometimes.  I was just confused why my post was highlighted that’s all.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Cool.  Also I want to be respectful because I know you are a bigtime Mayfield fan so I wouldn’t pile on.  I admit I don’t like him but he obviously has talent.  Be interesting to see how his third year goes 

Facts. Overall it hasnt been a good year. I dont mind dumping on him when he plays like crap. However, games like this wasnt the case at all. Did you see the final 3 minutes of the 2nd half and the Ravens drive after halftime? 

Freddie Kitchens is absolutely clueless when it comes to management. 

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Cool.  Also I want to be respectful because I know you are a bigtime Mayfield fan so I wouldn’t pile on.  I admit I don’t like him but he obviously has talent.  Be interesting to see how his third year goes 

I still think he can play.

his biggest issue is that stardom and big expectations came too quickly for him (before it was earned) and he is playing for a loser organization, much like Darnold. 

Unfortunately, some of that is his fault. Hopefully for his sake he is smart enough to keep his mouth shut this offseason and just ball. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Facts. Overall it hasnt been a good year. I dont mind dumping on him when he plays like crap. However, games like this wasnt the case at all. Did you see the final 3 minutes of the 2nd half and the Ravens drive after halftime? 

Freddie Kitchens is absolutely clueless when it comes to management. 

Both have been disappointing for sure.  Can I ask you a question, and I don’t mean any disrespect but I’m just curious.  What is it about Mayfield that you really really like?  It’s not that you have been down on Sam you haven’t but obviously you wanted Baker.  Again I’m not trying to be disrespectful it’s just something I’ve been wondering for awhile