Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah Rex sucks he’s only responsible for the best football we have seen as jets fans in 50 years

Oh and Baker is overrated

Never said Rex sucks... You are avoiding the actual point. But on that note Why could his defense not hold a lead in the most important game of the season... Why did he always lose to bad teams but beat great ones? 

And Baker will be fine... is he a little too full of himself... Yes... He needs some humble pie.

49 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Never said Rex sucks... You are avoiding the actual point. But on that note Why could his defense not hold a lead in the most important game of the season... Why did he always lose to bad teams but beat great ones? 

And Baker will be fine... is he a little too full of himself... Yes... He needs some humble pie.

And the Tuna's team took had a lead and then gave up 23 points in the 2nd half and lost 23-10..

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So 3tds 5 ints and a 58% completion percentage despite having Landry, Njoku and OBJ is a “good QB?”

I didn't say that..at all as I've said mayfield isn't good and overrated even when people were fawning over his performance last season, but I assume you were more interested in making some point so I'm glad I could help.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I’d like to rep this x10!

paging @Villain The Foe 

Your boy Baker is playing with a switch blade while my boy PMIII is twirling double fisted 6 shooters ??

Your boy is my boy. Anyone who checks knows I had him as the best QB coming out that year. 

No one saw this level of immediate success though...not even you. This dude Mahomes is f'ing revolutionizing the sport. 

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

And the Tuna's team took had a lead and then gave up 23 points in the 2nd half and lost 23-10..

I just went to my bag of excuses and had to dig to the bottom to find a good one.  Oh, here it is...

The wind at Mile High took a kickoff and turned it into an unintentional onside kick that Denver recovered.  No coach can plan for that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And could end their season this week

It's crazy.  Who would think that the answer to this.......Name a team with a 2018 1st round QB starting under a new offensive-minded head coach that had high expectations heading into the season and now has a losing record....would have two answers in the Jets and Browns.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The wind at Mile High took a kickoff and turned it into an unintentional onside kick that Denver recovered.  No coach can plan for that.

one of the most bizarre momentum altering freak things i ever saw... hand of god and all.

(whereas Matt Ryan taking that sack that put them outta FG range in the 4q of that choke job in the SB, is just a mind numbingly stupid play)

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Your boy is my boy. Anyone who checks knows I had him as the best QB coming out that year. 

No one saw this level of immediate success though...not even you. This dude Mahomes is f'ing revolutionizing the sport. 

Oh I saw this coming, read through the Mahomes thread on the draft forum.  I said what everyone mostly thought was absurd, and ridiculous when it came to what I thought this kid could do.

34 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I just went to my bag of excuses and had to dig to the bottom to find a good one.  Oh, here it is...

Your bag is leaking LOL 14 yd's rushing by the compiler didn't help since Vinny had twice the passing yardage of Elway..:cheers:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Your bag is leaking LOL 14 yd's rushing by the compiler didn't help since Vinny had twice the passing yardage of Elway..:cheers:

Victor Green let "Easy" Ed McCaffrey loose in the secondary on a 3rd down and a couple plays later Terrell Davis was in the end zone.  If you ask me, that was the one play that changed the whole game.  If I remember correctly the Jets were up 10-0 in the 3rd quarter and had all the momentum.  We were just about to force the Broncos to punt again.  A Super Bowl trip was in their grasp....but alas a TD by TD....it's 10-7 and then a kickoff gets hung up in the wind at Mile High and Denver recovers.  The game was over in about a 10 minute span.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's crazy.  Who would think that the answer to this.......Name a team with a 2018 1st round QB starting under a new offensive-minded head coach that had high expectations heading into the season and now has a losing record....would have two answers in the Jets and Browns.

Yeah but no one outside of jets fans thought they would be any good this year

He wanted Russell Wilson but Woody Johnson wanted his hero Tim Tebow and Tanny drafted Stephen Hill over Wilson in round 2 instead

Great being a jets fan

This isn’t even remotely true. Rex was the #1 driving force in getting Tebow. He had to convince Tanny, and Tanny and Rex has to convince Woody. He was sitting in an airport with Tanny when word got out that DEN was willing to move Tebow. Rex immediately pushed for him lamenting the fact we lost Brad Smith and felt Tebow could fill that void and more. Woody had reservations about it but was convinced by Rex that it could be kept under control.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

This isn’t even remotely true. Rex was the #1 driving force in getting Tebow. He had to convince Tanny, and Tanny and Rex has to convince Woody. He was sitting in an airport with Tanny when word got out that DEN was willing to move Tebow. Rex immediately pushed for him lamenting the fact we lost Brad Smith and felt Tebow could fill that void and more. Woody had reservations about it but was convinced by Rex that it could be kept under control.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Link?

• Upvote 1

The Ravens are a historically legit defensive squad. 

The Browns havent won in Baltimore since 2015. That ended today.

Baker has recorded his 5th 300+ yard game, 3rd against the division rival Ravens defense. 

Baker is 2-1 vs the Ravens...a playoff caliber team in the same division with a top 5 head coach.

Cleveland is tops in the AFC north after week 4 for the 1st time in who the hell knows

I expect no one to bother me this week. 

EDIT: See how I didnt have to start a new thread? 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lol, after one week?

It's been a month my friend. And they are 1st in the AFCN. 

However to be honest, I wouldnt have said anything about this if it wasnt for folks paging me last week. How does this work, you guys can call for me but I cant respond? 

I was thinking more links at the end of the season, but ok. 

To be real, this wasnt your vibe just a couple days ago. Remember when I wrote this? 

On 9/25/2019 at 8:13 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Hey guys. Please do me a favor, stop quoting me every time Jets fans who generally claim never to care anything about Baker Mayfield decide to make yet another Baker Mayfield thread surrounding a topic that could have went into any of the older Baker Mayfield threads given that they're all essentially the same. 

Quoting me only prompts my haters who are always salty to jump on your comment and respond with their saltiness because they're always salty to the point that its basically a knee-jerk response.

I'd rather not interrupt those Jets fans who claim not to care about Baker Mayfield and let them continue their discussions on Baker Mayfield. 

Thanks! 

VTF

You responded with this. 

On 9/25/2019 at 8:25 PM, slimjasi said:

You can’t run and hide now. You are known as the resident Baker fanboy. Embrace it. If you believe in your guy as much as you claim to, you should believe that you will have the last laugh. 

I agree that Mayfield has a stronger body of work, at this point. 

The only thing I’d add is that I think Mayfield has to pick up his game very quickly to avoid a mass exodus from the bandwagon. It’s already beginning.

Even with the lack of great talent around him, Darnold is in an interesting position because I feel like a lot of people have already given up on the season. Thus, if he comes back and plays fairly well, he will get a lot of praise - perhaps too much praise. 

I was literally trying to wait, and you called it "hiding". Now I respond and you're talking "end of season"????

Shenanigans like this is why I wasnt entertaining it, because like I said, when things go well folks go silent or change the narrative. 

I have no problem waiting for the season to play out, but you have to admit, 3 Baker Mayfield threads on the main page from fans who claim (as they will this week) that they dont care or give a damn about this kid. 

Im just saying, if I ask folks to stop quoting me and you say im hiding, then expect me to talk my talk when the opportunity presents itself. 

• Post of the Week 1