Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

WowOhWow

Took a look at Gase's record as an OC and the last time he had a top offense (with Peyton as MVP) was 5 years ago.

Lots has changed since then.  I've seen a lot of posters discuss his scheme, etc.

Wondering if perhaps his offensive scheme is outdated and no longer effective.  We were told he's an innovator by our owner.  I think we may have hired a coach that the NFL has literally passed by.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Took a look at Gase's record as an OC and the last time he had a top offense (with Peyton as MVP) was 5 years ago.

Lots has changed since then.  I've seen a lot of posters discuss his scheme, etc.

Wondering if perhaps his offensive scheme is outdated and no longer effective.  We were told he's an innovator by our owner.  I think we may have hired a coach that the NFL has literally passed by.

The odds are the ONLY reason Gase's offense was successful was because of the HOF Peyton Manning... Hell if by the snowballs chance in hell Rex/Tanny were able to convince manning to sign here, the JETS would have had a good offense no matter who the OC was.

I am still going to give Gase a small benefit of injuries but not much and if we can't do anything against the Eagles and Cowboys then I will have seen all I need to. 

Yes we need an Oline but a good OC would see that we need to change things to help him that area.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

So you believe his scheme is not the problem.  Being banged up and talent deficient are the culprits.  Fair enough.

I'm not so sure.  I'm thinking this guy might run a relic of an offense.  When you go back and look at his history I don't think it's a theory that's completely off base.

How about we let the guy manage a completely healthy offense for the next four games and then talk like this.

We are all unhappy with the current circumstances. But there are no people to blame here. Bad luck happens.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

He.
Was.
Very.
Sick.

If you are looking for someone to blame, blame God. We are 0-3 because of sickness and injury.  Stop listening to sports talk radio.

SAR I

What if you don’t believe in God? Can we blame Santa or Papa Smurf instead? Or the Johnsons for hiring a failed coach from the same division?

• Upvote 3

What kinda of bothers me is Gase says he never watches the news or sports TV or goes online and he doesn't care about any criticism - he seems to be stuck in his own little world. You have to keep up with the times. A lot of important info can be found online or from watching some criticism so he can maybe realize what he's doing wrong and make corrections. Maybe even read some of the posts on this site. We don't want to fry the guy for the sake of frying him. We want corrections made and Gase is in charge - he is the guy to make the corrections. I think he is very stubborn and its entirely possible he doesn't realize what he's doing wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What are you talking about sports talk radio?

Where did I post anything blaming anyone for 0-3?

Are you responding to ghosts?

I didn’t respond to you in this thread, you responded to me. 

My post was intended for those looking for Adam Gase’s head because he’s failing with a third string quarterback.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Third.
String.
Quarterback.

Enough.

SAR I

Agree.  With that being said, I dont care who the quarterback is, no offense will work when your QB is under duress a millisecond after the ball is snapped.  Our offensive line blows, period.  Until that is resolved we could have Joe Namath or Patrick Mahomes back there and it wont mean shi*.,

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I didn’t respond to you in this thread, you responded to me. 

My post was intended for those looking for Adam Gase’s head because he’s failing with a third string quarterback.

SAR I

So you place zero blame on Gase for terrible play calling? They are literally running 4 plays almost every drive. How the hell is Bell going to do anything if he doesn’t call any plays to draw the defense back? 

Run up the middle, draw/delay, dump the ball short, run 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Stark said:

The odds are the ONLY reason Gase's offense was successful was because of the HOF Peyton Manning... Hell if by the snowballs chance in hell Rex/Tanny were able to convince manning to sign here, the JETS would have had a good offense no matter who the OC was.

I am still going to give Gase a small benefit of injuries but not much and if we can't do anything against the Eagles and Cowboys then I will have seen all I need to. 

Yes we need an Oline but a good OC would see that we need to change things to help him that area.

Or that was the only time he had a functional qb

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I we lost the first game because we had a very bad kicker on the roster who missed PAT's and FG's. 

joewilly12

Sure.

Or a defensive coordinator that made no adjustments when CJ Mosley got injured. The Bills scored TD’s on two consecutive drives after Mosley’s injury and it was easy, we didn’t even put up a fight.

But nobody seems to go after Gregg Williams.  Because he’s boisterous and flashy.  Smells like Rex Ryan all over again, doesn’t it?  Defense blows a 16 point lead and they blame Mark Sanchez, again.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

I think Gase is a pretty clever guy. Also believe that Gase thinks he is smarter than he is. And additionally suspect that he is not a good communicator.

Finally, I do not think the offense has much talent. League average quarterback with room for growth, average slot receiver, bottom of the league level outside receivers, above average tight end who hasn’t played yet, say like 75th percentile running back, and a subpar offensive line.

Basically if a defense can prevent Anderson from getting loose deep they won’t get beaten by chunk plays. Focus on him and play aggressively against everyone else.

When you compound a lack of playmakers with a lack of offensive line it’s a huge huge problem because you can’t get splash plays and you inevitably end up behind the sticks due to sacks, TFL’s, and penalties.

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

So you place zero blame on Gase for terrible play calling? They are literally running 4 plays almost every drive. How the hell is Bell going to do anything if he doesn’t call any plays to draw the defense back? 

Run up the middle, draw/delay, dump the ball short, run 

With a third string quarterback against two of the top defenses in the NFL what exactly would you expect him to do? Not give the ball to one of the top running backs in the NFL?  Not let Bell try to break a long one like he has been known to do?

Imagine a world where he let Falk sling it 40 times in a game and had 5 interceptions, you’d be screaming that he was an idiot because he didn’t use Bell enough. 

Be real. It’s a no-win situation. And I don’t understand why anyone is more frustrated this week than they were last week, it’s not like we had any chance to win in New England, that game was a complete throw away.

We are 0-3 because of sickness and injury, it’s simply bad luck. And based on what I have seen there was an extremely strong chance that the Jets would be 2-1 right now if Darnold didn’t get sick and Mosely didn’t pull a groin.

I’m pissed off too, but I’m not blaming a coach in an impossible situation. I’m blaming God.  I will also be thanking God when all of our starters return healthy and the team that we were so excited about in August is back on the field performing at their capabilities.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, derp said:

I think Gase is a pretty clever guy. Also believe that Gase thinks he is smarter than he is. And additionally suspect that he is not a good communicator.

Finally, I do not think the offense has much talent. League average quarterback with room for growth, average slot receiver, bottom of the league level outside receivers, above average tight end who hasn’t played yet, say like 75th percentile running back, and a subpar offensive line.

Basically if a defense can prevent Anderson from getting loose deep they won’t get beaten by chunk plays. Focus on him and play aggressively against everyone else.

When you compound a lack of playmakers with a lack of offensive line it’s a huge huge problem because you can’t get splash plays and you inevitably end up behind the sticks due to sacks, TFL’s, and penalties.

Awesome writeup.

Copy and paste it somewhere and if in 4 weeks time our offense looks terrible with all the starters back and healthy then we can have that conversation.

As of now, we haven’t seen the 2019 New York Jets offense. We have seen a third string quarterback bumbling his way through a couple of games without embarrassing himself too much.

SAR I

SAR at this point your nothing but a troll. We have this weird section of posters at the moment, that are frankly deluded and won’t accept reality.

The team is bloody awful. They can’t  even do the basic’s right. There are so many things to list frankly, I don’t have the will to list them at the moment.

After the bye, according to some, we will miraculously look like the Bill Walsh’s 49ers..

The return of the Ginger Prince, the expensive ILB, plus “the best player available in the draft”. Will apparently all make it better..

By the time we are 0-6, these people will be so far under the rocks, even a rattle snake won’t be able to find them.

• Upvote 3