WowOhWow

Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

Took a look at Gase's record as an OC and the last time he had a top offense (with Peyton as MVP) was 5 years ago.

Lots has changed since then.  I've seen a lot of posters discuss his scheme, etc.

Wondering if perhaps his offensive scheme is outdated and no longer effective.  We were told he's an innovator by our owner.  I think we may have hired a coach that the NFL has literally passed by.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I didn’t respond to you in this thread, you responded to me. 

My post was intended for those looking for Adam Gase’s head because he’s failing with a third string quarterback.

SAR I

I want to be clear.  I completely understand the hand Gase has been dealt.  I get it.  I understand it.  100%.

That said, I still want him gone.

I don't believe he is the person to lead this team.  Nothing in his record indicates that.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

WhyOhWhy does the OP feel the need to post 6 anti-Gase threads per week?

WhenOhWhen will it stop?

WeOhWe get it.  You don't think Gase is the right guy.

Some of us are actually going to WaitOhWait until he has a chance to regroup before making a final decision.

Because Macc is gone.  If he was still here I'd be screaming from the mountaintops that he needs to go.  Bad is bad.  Regardless of how short or long the tenure or grace period should be.  I don't need 3 years.  He is what he is.

Believe me.  I've dropped enough cash and time into this team to cover many sorry @ss posters on this board.  I've put up.  I feel very comfortable offering my take.  

Gase sucks.  Expect more threads.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Isn't this OP the guy that posts "If __X__ were available, would you want him for head coach?" every other day? 

Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion around whether NFL offense has passed our supposed offensive genius HC by?

Or do you actually feel your post adds anything to this discussion?

This is a great site. A great place to discuss our Jets.  Go find another thread.  

In fact, why don't you start one?  I'd be curious what you could come up with...

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are the guy that was touting McCarthy or not?  If not, I am sorry.  If so, GFY. 

Either way, it is a valid point - many of these offensive coaches have a few down years.  Especially when their personnel is not the best.  McCarthy was considered a wizard, but then he sucked for a few years.  Chip Kelly put up some gross numbers in Philly, but by his last year they sucked and he was a disaster in SF.  LaFleur was considered an up and comer, but left the Rams for the Titans and a chance to call plays.  His offense did not look particularly good, but that still propelled him to the head job in Green Bay, which is now a defensive team.  DeFilippo had a bad run with an awful team in Cleveland, but his time in Philly raised his rep up enough to get him the Vikings OC job, but he got fired after sh*tting the bed against the Pats and Seahawks back to back. He still got the Jags job.   What coach is surviving multiple QBs and staying at the top on O?  Bill Walsh? Andy Reid?  I guess, but they were kind of hit and miss with Smith.  I guess Belichick held it together pretty well in 2008. 

FWIW, I don't think there is some silver bullet scheme that tricks everyone.  Gase has not been good, but he hasn't had much of a chance.  The offensive line is pitiful and he seems to try to run a fairly complex system.  It is tough to do that when you are still doing your installs while half the guys are getting knocked out of games.  

I wanted the Jets to try and pry Harbaugh from Baltimore...but of the coaches that were available this off season I wanted Monken.

Right now the coach I'd like to get (that I can realistically see being available) is Harbaugh (Michigan).  I think he's a terrible college coach...but a great pro coach.

And GFY right back at ya.

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

People will always blame the coach because it's an easy fix, and it allows the fantasy that we're just one strategist away from a competitive team.  Hard is bringing in a #1 and a #2 WR, probably 5 offensive linemen, and we don't even yet know if the QB is competent, and acknowledging that we're more than one offseason away from having to fix all of that.

So you're saying we've had good coaches here?  Look at the list of our coaches.  They were not good.

I'm 100% understanding of the other side of the issue re is Gase the right guy or not.  I get that he's been handcuffed with all sorts of issues (personnel, injury, etc.).

What I don't understand are those posters that are so dug in on Gase.  How many games in a row will he have to lose before we start to look at whether he is right for us even in the short to intermediate term.

This will be his 4th consecutive year coaching in the AFCE.  He's not some newbie.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase might suck.  He really might be awful.

Can we see what our offense looks like after the bye please?  With Darnold back and the OL working hard for 10 straight days on gelling?  How about we reserve judgement until another 4 or 8 games?

Even before the injuries and illnesses, this was a new team with 40% of the players new to their roles under new coaches and new playbooks.  That's hard enough.  Add to it the best O and D players unexpectedly out for 2 games and a 3rd string QB and facing 3 of the best D's in the NFL, it's a disaster.

The bye should correct a lot of this.  Let's give the man, and the team, a chance.

SAR I

So with all the writing what's your take on the original premise?  Is Gase's scheme passe by today's standards?  Has it passed him by?  I take it you believe not.

I'm not so sure.  Dude hasn't run a top offense in 4-5 years.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company