WowOhWow

Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sure.

Or a defensive coordinator that made no adjustments when CJ Mosley got injured. The Bills scored TD’s on two consecutive drives after Mosley’s injury and it was easy, we didn’t even put up a fight.

But nobody seems to go after Gregg Williams.  Because he’s boisterous and flashy.  Smells like Rex Ryan all over again, doesn’t it?  Defense blows a 16 point lead and they blame Mark Sanchez, again.

SAR I

NFL defense that hold teams to 16 points win the game most of the time.   Williams did it with crap heap and no corners.  Also did you missed the part when the defense scored a TD in that game?  They were gasping for air by the end of the game with so many 3 and out the entire game.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.

McCarthy sucked when RGers was out. 

He was under .500

That doesn't factor in though.  

But McCarthy was competitive and they had an horrible defense.  Gase's offense has been college level type.  No?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Who cares what the D did in the first minute of the game?  Your D matters most late in the game, they get paid the big bucks when you're mounting a comeback or have a lead to protect.

When it's the 4th quarter and you have a 16 point lead against a team that had done nothing but self-destruct all game there is ZERO excuse for the defense to fold like that.  And if the loss of Mosely was the answer, well, one of the most accomplished and experienced DC's in the NFL should have made whatever personnel or schematic adjustments were necessary to restore order.  Instead, the Bills passed through William's D like water and scored 2 TD's in less than 8 minutes.

SAR I

Nah when the defense are on their feet almost entire game. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

People will always blame the coach because it's an easy fix, and it allows the fantasy that we're just one strategist away from a competitive team.  Hard is bringing in a #1 and a #2 WR, probably 5 offensive linemen, and we don't even yet know if the QB is competent, and acknowledging that we're more than one offseason away from having to fix all of that.

But Gase was a offensive guru or so we were told.  I hope the first game is not an indication of this guy tenure with this team.  He did not put his QB in a position to win.  He never called for roll out when he knew the OL was faltering and which is one of Darnolds's strength.  He never called for a single RB screen the entire game.  The Bills pretty much knew what was coming the entire game and most of the time one unblocked rusher came free at Darnolds face.  There was no extra TE, no adjustment at all and that is on the coach so lets not make excuse for this bozo.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Maybe we ought not get boners about labels like gurus.  Maybe, most of these guys are generally the same, and it's just football, and for the most part, the most talented teams win.  The Jets are one of the least talented, at least in positions where it matters.

The defense has very little talents especially at CB but they have impressed so far.  The offense on the other hand have been on college level.  So by your argument it is fair to say that Gase have been horrible with the offense. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company