WowOhWow

Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’m not saying to fire Gase. Firing him now would be asinine, firing him during the season period would be asinine.  I’m saying he shares the responsibility of how bad the team is doing especially with the way he’s calling the offense. 

How would you have called the offense against the Pats with Luke Falk starting at QB and an OLine that couldn't handle a 4 man pass rush ?  I really want to hear what the great options would be and if Bill Belicheck would have adjusted to it if Gase did make adjustments. Here it is, a blank slate give us your brilliant gameplan

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The talent level on defense isn't nearly as bad as on offense.  Everyone on the defensive line is an actual NFL player.  The linebackers are generally NFL players, and the safeties are NFL players.  Agreed that CB is terrible.  Also, a defense can operate with weaknesses at any position.  If the QB is incompetent, there is no offense.

Or the Oline.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, rammagen said:

not to be the pessimist here but when it does not? I say this based on Gase and his past track record.  Unless they simplify the blocking (which they have not done yet) you wont see that improvement. Because I spend 10 day preparing for a test does not mean I will pass it.

This is the miracle of being a Jet fan, looking for something positive while ignoring the alarming signs and trends. I am not rushing to any judgment this is based on his 3 yrs in Miami plus his time with the Jets.

What is Amazing this is a new defensive scheme that has had injuries  to two starters and still shows up with an aggressive game plan and shows it plays with heart. Not seeing that from the offense at all

But his 3 years in Miami has nothing to do with his team now. Just like Bowles success in ARZ had nothing to do with how he would fare with the Jets even though we all hoped it would.

4 hours ago, rammagen said:

it has everything to do with what is happening now. He was hired on the basis of change and being good for the qb but what has he done to be innovative or to try to do something anything to change the current status

And we have no way of knowing if he is good for the QB yet. The QB played all of one game while being sick with an illness. Did you expect him to turn Trevor Siemian into Steve Young and Luke Falk into Joe Montana in one week.

Think about the Oline who barely practiced together to start the season having to play 3 games with 3 different QB's - that's a difficult task even for a seasoned Oline who've been together forever. 

I get it, everyone's expectations were sky high with finally having an Offensive HC - let's give him a fair shot to show us what he has before abandoning all hope like many here have already done. 

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

"the players need to execute"

And the "fans" need to whine  - rinse repeat.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company