WowOhWow

Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

As a coach your job is to get the best out of the hand you are dealt.

Gase has not done that.

He is supposed to be an awesome sauce offensive coach, the offense stinks.  He needs to do a hell of a lot better because he has not great record of success in his recent back ground.

(Also as usual people that defended the hell out of every single gm move over the last 5 years now shift the blame to the departed gm for everything,)

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Based on what?  Your speculation?

This may very well be as good as it gets with Kelvin Beachem, Luke Falk, and Robbie Anderson.

Based on the fact that guys like Gailey, Morton and bates who had just as sh*tty personnel looked better and Gase is supposed to be some kind of guru.

that and the simple eye ball test of plays and play design.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I largely agree with this, especially the bolded part, but with qualifications.

While there is a little "noise" in the data in trying to evaluate Gase (First game, Darnold had Mono, Bills defense is Top 5 in the NFL, etc.) there are some things that can't be ignored - He DID have Darnold in at QB (one of the highest rated QBs over the final quarter of last season), the Jets have one of the Top 10 weapons in the NFL in Le’Veon Bell, the Jets were at home and Enunwa played some of that game.  But another argument in favor of the offense that day, game flow.  It just felt like the Jets were playing it safe as they slowly built a growing lead and got up by 16 points in the 2nd half.  I'd probably do the same thing in terms of ball control offense.  Buffalo was doing nothing on offense until Mosely went down.  I'd be trying to consume clock, run a short passing game, not take big risks of a turnover, etc. at that point.

We need to see more.  Whether it's good, bad or ugly we're just not in a position to judge the situation completely without seeing at least a few games of an offense that was clearly built around Sam Darnold.  I could honestly make the case both for and against Gase and the offense right now.

In the Jets first three games they faced two of the NFL's top defenses.  In the other game vs. Cleveland they found out on the Tuesday before the game that Darnold was going to be out, Siemian would start and then were forced to play Luke Falk for most of that game.

361354314_ScreenShot2019-09-26at9_19_10AM.png.4d2d6e422dd9e9624b15971661e064ca.png

I just need to see some more reps with a first string QB before I jump on the Crucify Gase train.  Not saying that I won't be there....but I'm not there yet.

Gee, i wonder why they have great ratings, maybe because each of those teams played a sh*tty jets offense.

Do you seriously  think the head coach has done a good job with the offense so far?  seriously?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

I think the jury is still out on Gase.

But the one thing I will say

You can't run a number 1 offense when your offense is filled with 2nd and 3rd stringers. 

Bell and Crowder are the only two players on offense that would be starting on any other team

Maybe Sam and Herndon

No one disputes that we have poor talent on offense and it is no wonder with the lack of resources put into it over the years.

The issue is that in previous years we have had just as poor talent and guys like morton, gailey, bates showed a bit more than what we have seen.

Gase is an offensive coach, a highly touted offensive coach and the O looks worse than when we had jag or old ocs running the show.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company