WowOhWow

Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

He.
Was.
Very.
Sick.

If you are looking for someone to blame, blame God. We are 0-3 because of sickness and injury.  Stop listening to sports talk radio.

SAR I

What if you don’t believe in God? Can we blame Santa or Papa Smurf instead? Or the Johnsons for hiring a failed coach from the same division?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

How about we let the guy manage a completely healthy offense for the next four games and then talk like this.

We are all unhappy with the current circumstances. But there are no people to blame here. Bad luck happens.

SAR I

50 years of sucking isn’t bad luck. It’s a ****ing curse. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I didn’t respond to you in this thread, you responded to me. 

My post was intended for those looking for Adam Gase’s head because he’s failing with a third string quarterback.

SAR I

So you place zero blame on Gase for terrible play calling? They are literally running 4 plays almost every drive. How the hell is Bell going to do anything if he doesn’t call any plays to draw the defense back? 

Run up the middle, draw/delay, dump the ball short, run 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Wait isn’t being cursed bad luck?

”If it wasn’t for bad luck, we’d have no luck at all.” - Born Under a Bad Sign

Cursed is worse then bad luck. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

With a third string quarterback against two of the top defenses in the NFL what exactly would you expect him to do? Not give the ball to one of the top running backs in the NFL?  Not let Bell try to break a long one like he has been known to do?

Imagine a world where he let Falk sling it 40 times in a game and had 5 interceptions, you’d be screaming that he was an idiot because he didn’t use Bell enough. 

Be real. It’s a no-win situation. And I don’t understand why anyone is more frustrated this week than they were last week, it’s not like we had any chance to win in New England, that game was a complete throw away.

We are 0-3 because of sickness and injury, it’s simply bad luck. And based on what I have seen there was an extremely strong chance that the Jets would be 2-1 right now if Darnold didn’t get sick and Mosely didn’t pull a groin.

I’m pissed off too, but I’m not blaming a coach in an impossible situation. I’m blaming God.  I will also be thanking God when all of our starters return healthy and the team that we were so excited about in August is back on the field performing at their capabilities.

SAR I

You give God too much responsibility. 

Obviously this team is in a bad spot but that doesn’t excuse Gase for his play calling and that is my point. Give Bell a chance by doing something different on offense. The LBs and Ss are standing 2 feet off the line waiting to kill Bell. If Gase is such a football genius he should be able to do more then the same plays over and over. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mike McCarthy had Aaron Rodgers and his last relevant offense was 2016.  Is that any better? 

What does that have to do with Gase calling a terrible game?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Isn't this OP the guy that posts "If __X__ were available, would you want him for head coach?" every other day? 

Mahomes, McCarthy, Watson, Allen, Allen, Adams, Williams, Darnold, mono, the oline, injured players etc etc have nothing to do with Gase calling a bad game. 

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair point.

If you're Adam Gase what plays do you call when you have Luke Falk behind an underperforming OLine and trying to get the ball out to "weapons" like Josh Bellamy against some Top 10 NFL Defenses?

Just curious about the "scheme" and play call that keeps our QB upright long enough for him to use his underpowered arm to get an inflated oblong piece of leather down the field to a slow WR.

Bellamy is the only WR on the team? That explains why Gase only runs up the middle and calls draws/delays and dump passes to the RBs. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You've been saying this same thing for 8 months and nothing we've seen from him says you're right.

That’s all I see. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

While ignoring the countless Jets who have said he's not that

Give us one example of a player who backs up what you claim to see, that isn't evident anywhere

He comes across like a pompous asshole that thinks he’s better then everyone (kind of like a certain poster here)

from former players. 

One complaint voiced by players about Gase is that he didn’t necessarily stick with what was working in games. One player said the team would be running the ball successfully, and Gase inexplicably then started throwing it. 

One sentiment we heard: Gase wanted to fool the other team but sometimes ended up outsmarting himself. That frustrated some players.

Another view expressed from the locker room: Gase wasn’t as emotionally level as a head coach needed to be at times. One player said if a play-call didn’t work, he sometimes let it carry over for several minutes and was out of sorts emotionally. That player said a more level, a more even emotional approach would have been preferred.

As ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe tweeted, “a few guys told me [they] felt alienated and held to a different standard if they weren’t one of ‘his guys’ like Ryan Tannehill and others.” That’s something we’ve also heard.

I know you like nothing more then to endlessly debate the same thing over and over but I don’t like Gase and I think it was a bad hire and until he proves me wrong nothing anyone says is going to change my mind. He’s sucked everywhere outside of when Manning was holding his hand. 

• Post of the Week 3

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pure utter fantasy

You don’t like him, didn’t want him.  That’s fine, you’re opinion.  

Doesnt mean you need to make shlt up

I quoted Barry Jackson from the Miami Herald how is that making shit up and it was well known in South Florida that players didn’t like him. 

The only fantasy is fans blindly thinking every coach hired even if they have losing records and bad stats are going to miraculously turn the Jets around and win a SB. 50 years and counting. 

I’m realistic 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Last I checked we're not in Miami.

A couple of players like Landry who wanted to be the highest paid WR in the NFL.  Gase has said, they couldn't do,it.  Good thing they didn't, he hasn't come close to earning the deal he signed inCleveland.

A player trade away whines.  A player who led the team in touches whined that he wanted more.  Where's Ajayi? 

You should live down here, the press is brain dead.  They call is those stinking rotten Jets.  

Fort Lauderdale is far enough down here. I left Miami 18 years ago. 

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

You lobby for fans to make more noise in the stadium, you lobby for Firefraud to come back to lead the chant, and you curl up in a ball like a coward when the team needs your support the most.

There are better places to act like a sad victim than a forum full of Jets fans.

SAR I

I don’t lobby for anything, I’m stating facts which isn’t curling up in a ball. Ignoring a bad game by a coach and a pattern of bad decisions is nothing more the excepting the shit teams this franchise puts on the field year after year. 

8 hours ago, phill1c said:

When your OL is beaten AT THE SNAP time and time again, what play can you call? You certainly can't call a deep passing play, now can you? No, you can't.

It's amazing: people with good football sense otherwise refuse to accept that a NFL offense is built through the OL. You can't expect the same offensive production from a OL of retreads, middle-round draftees, guy(s) who suck but have fat contracts that they have NEVER LIVED UP TO, and guy just out of retirement. The Jets OL is a Henny Youngman joke. And you know this.

But, season after season, year after year, the same brilliant minded Jets fans drool over Sam Darnold and Le'Vean Bell and Robby Anderson and Crowder and [cough] Enunwa and think that a) it's really that formidable a weapon set, and b) it could do anything with the crap we line up:

• Beachum: not bad, but certainly not a rock, more like a patch of grass
  • Osellem: about the same, only he plays to Beachum's right. I thought he was supposed to be physical; haven't seen it.
  • Old Man River: ???? this is a coaches decision and it is damning one.  how bad he has played. He plays like a guy who should have retired...oh wait. Harrison looked way better before AARP started 'solidifying' the OL
  • Winters: sigh...his play seems to have dropped off, from, you know, barely mediocre
  • Shell: I didn't know the Jets actually played a RT. He's been that bad.

There is nobody mentioned who I could say, "at least we have _____, he's our rock." I'm surprised at the drop-off of Beachum and Shell, so maybe the newness of the scheme is somewhat responsible. But none of these guys is a BIG, physical player and the league seems to be getting better and they seem to have plateaued at que horrible!!

The Jets need some blue-chippers on that OL, for the sake of the skill players. I'm hoping Darnold takes the rest of October off. No sense getting him killed while he has 'mono'.

I’ve been bitching about the oline for years and saying they need to draft oline before edge, WR, CB or anything else. The oline sucks. 

That still doesn’t excuse Gase doing the same shit over and over that isn’t working. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

This is what actually happened to the offense:

1) Poor drafting for the past 7 years, and no investment outside of Sam Darnold, leads to a talent depleted team and especially, offense.

2) Sam Darnold arrives.  He does not perform well.  Then he gets hurt.  Then he returns and shows meaningful promise.  Jets Fans anoint him a franchise QB and savior.  Expectations grow.

3) Robbie Anderson makes enough plays for Jets Fans overrate him (myself included).  Expectations grow.

4) Herndon shows he may be an NFL caliber TE.  Expectations grow.

5) The season ends and we fire an unpopular coach with a defensive background and replace him with an offensive coach.  We ignore the fact that, like in any profession, there’s a few geniuses, a handful of morons, and then most of the people are in between.  Still, the offense is fixed, we assume.  Expectations grow.

6) We trade for an OG who used to be good, but hasn’t been recently.  Jets Fans attribute his failings to being on a bad team.  Jets fans assume the offensive line, neglected since drafting D’Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold in 2006 is now fixed.  Expectations grow.

7) We sign an elite RB and a good slot WR.  Expectations grow.

8) We again neglect the offensive side of the ball on draft day.

9) Herndon is suspended.

10) We add Kalil out of retirement.  Expectations grow.

11) Preseason happens.  Preseason doesn’t matter when it’s inconvenient to us, but does matter when it is.  We get fired up about multiple 1st drive TDs.  Expectations are reaching critical mass.

12) Sam Darnold, who still hasn’t proven anything, does not look good against a top defense.  Expectations begin to shatter.

13) Enunwa, a fan favorite, gets hurt, possibly ending his career.

14) The offensive line performs to its level of talent, not Jets Fans expectations.  Kalil and Osemele do not return to form.

15) Sam Darnold is diagnosed with Mono, and is now out.  We take some solace in the hope that this explains enough of week one.

16) The Browns and Pats are able to attack the LOS because there’s now no threat from the passing game.  The line folds quickly.

17) The backup QB is hurt quickly.

18) The 3rd string QB, who was on the practice squad, is, unsurprisingly not able to get the job done.

19) Bell is a bright spot, but a RB is limited in his impact by his offensive line.  Crowder also looks good, but now plays out of position, limiting his impact.

20) Robbie Anderson’s impact is 0 because he’s overrated and because he can’t get open deep before the line folds.

21) Jets Fans largely ignore the facts above they don’t like, instead reverting to the tried and true, fire the coach, the next one will fix this.

The line stinks, the WRs stink, the TE is suspended, the RB is great but it’s irrelevant because the line stinks, and the QB is still a big question mark and hasn’t played.  That’s why they suck.

I’m not saying to fire Gase. Firing him now would be asinine, firing him during the season period would be asinine.  I’m saying he shares the responsibility of how bad the team is doing especially with the way he’s calling the offense. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

How do you call an offense without talent?

I'm not a Gase fan.  I'm anti-Coach Pile-On, because I think it's short sighted, simplistic, and hasn't produced results.

He could try changing it up a little bit instead of doing the same plays over and over again that aren’t working. Different plays might not work but at least he’s trying. We know the plays he’s running aren’t working. 

I didn’t expect this team to win before any injuries or suspensions  but I was still hoping  to see something positive for the future. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Put another way, what calls would be successful with Luke Falk at QB, Kelvin Beachum at LT, and Robbie Anderson as your #1 WR?

The Jets current starting offense features two players they've actually drafted, and none in the last 3 years.  The coach is currently the absolute least of my concerns.

He could bring in a blocking  tight end to help stop the pass rush and open holes for the RB,  he could put Bell and Montgomery in the backfield at the same time and spread one out or both out and you’ll have Bell or Montgomery matched up against a linebacker. If you have Bell and Montgomery in at the same time it gives you different looks and options. They can both run and catch.  Why are they not using Crowder out of the slot more? Just try something different. I feel like he’s being stubborn and thinking I’m running the same plays over and over again and eventually it’s going to work when they’re not getting more than a yard or two. 

None of this might help or do any better but at least try. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

I imagine it might be hard to install all new looks with a practice squad QB, no?

We limited the offense with our #1s in the past, maybe we're protecting a guy who's a half-step off of coming off the street.

Gase said there was no issue running all the plays with him and he wasn’t holding any back. We’ll see next Sunday if it changes. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

How would you have called the offense against the Pats with Luke Falk starting at QB and an OLine that couldn't handle a 4 man pass rush ?  I really want to hear what the great options would be and if Bill Belicheck would have adjusted to it if Gase did make adjustments. Here it is, a blank slate give us your brilliant gameplan

Read the board I’ve answered that numerous times 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If your Uber blows an engine you don't blame the driver for your inconvenience. 

The rash of injuries and illness that has beset the Jets is biblical, it's been 30 years since a HC has has to start 3 different QB's in the first 3 games of the season not to mention the other 6 missing starters.  Which leaves you two choices:

1.  Accept the bad luck, refrain from judgement, and wait for the roster to heal.

2.  Tell everyone "look at me I was right!" and lobby fans to rally against your brand new head coach.

It would be nice if you could be a #1 instead of a #2.

SAR I

I blame the Uber driver if he keeps getting stuck because he takes the same path over and over and over again when there’s different paths to try. 

I already addressed that twice maybe more. That has nothing to do with him calling a bad game. 

I’ve also addressed this a few times. I’m not saying look at me I’m right anymore then the posters who think Gase is a football genius with zero to back it up.  I also said I am waiting to see how the team looks once the starters are back and it was stupid to fire him now or anytime during the season. My point which you and a few others keep twisting is he called  a bad game. Which he did. 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Man oh man.  That would have beaten the Patriots in Foxboro right there.  Bellichick wouldn't have known what hit him.  Falk would have thrown for 400 yards.

Damn it.  Where were you when we needed you?  Did you try to text this to Coach Gase?  Email?

SAR I

Try responding to the whole thing instead of editing it. I clearly said it might not help at all but at least he’s trying something different. 

Keep trying you might get there. 

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

actually, it does.

what "different sh!t" would you suggest when they can't even do the "same sh!t" right? Any different stuff would need the OL to block it.

I have to believe that they will get better. This isn't rocket science: either they can block or they can't. So far, they can't.

But anyway, it's a bye week. So I'm going to de-stress and just enjoy the suck...

Peace to all Jets fans!!

I’ve been over this 50 times read the board. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company