First.

String. 

Quarterback.

More.

SAR V

Who had mono, who had all the symptoms 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know if NFL offenses  have past Gase by but a lot of DL and LBs have past his OL by. 

So Gase is an OL coach now? 

Who aquired these players.

24 minutes ago, TNJet said:

It infuriates me that Gase is thinking about the punt on 3rd down. Wtf is he thinking? We aren't allowed to convert a 3rd and 10? For a first down? Wtf is he doing calling plays that maximize 3 yds when we need 10 or more. That's not on the QB, whatever string he is.

Gase hasn't played conservatively all season with a sick QB, a third string QB.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

WhyOhWhy does the OP feel the need to post 6 anti-Gase threads per week?

WhenOhWhen will it stop?

WeOhWe get it.  You don't think Gase is the right guy.

Some of us are actually going to WaitOhWait until he has a chance to regroup before making a final decision.

Bigger question, why does he feel the need to start threads

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It seems like Gase is an egomaniac that thinks he’s smarter then everybody and has zero ability to relate to people.

I hated the hire, I still hate the hire but I’m also waiting to see how the team looks with healthy starters. 

You've been saying this same thing for 8 months and nothing we've seen from him says you're right.

28 minutes ago, Stark said:

right, i won't argue that. the bigger point is Peyton Manning could have had no OC by the time he was in Denver he was a coach on the field.

Maybe Gase is good with a top tier QB, which I would think any OC would be. Maybe Gase is just an average OC that thrived with a great QB. It's completely plausible. 

Im not discounting your comment, I agree he's had low level QB's and some played their better football. Like I said I hope Gase proves me wrong.

Doesn't come close to explaining why PM had his all time best season with Gase.  After he was declining.  

Or how he won with Tebow.  Got Cutler playing well in Chicago.  

The only thing a given is this OL doesn't allow anyone time to throw and our starting QB is out.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s all I see. 

While ignoring the countless Jets who have said he's not that

Give us one example of a player who backs up what you claim to see, that isn't evident anywhere

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

McCarthy was considered a wizard, but then he sucked for a few years.  

Exactly.

McCarthy sucked when RGers was out. 

He was under .500

That doesn't factor in though.  

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Gase hasn't played conservatively all season with a sick QB, a third string QB.

Going on 4th a few times?

Passing from his 10, which he was killed for.

Conservative?  No one can make up what they want to see.  

• Thumb Down 2

29 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He comes across like a pompous a$$hole that thinks he’s better then everyone (kind of like a certain poster here)

from former players. 

One complaint voiced by players about Gase is that he didn’t necessarily stick with what was working in games. One player said the team would be running the ball successfully, and Gase inexplicably then started throwing it. 

One sentiment we heard: Gase wanted to fool the other team but sometimes ended up outsmarting himself. That frustrated some players.

Another view expressed from the locker room: Gase wasn’t as emotionally level as a head coach needed to be at times. One player said if a play-call didn’t work, he sometimes let it carry over for several minutes and was out of sorts emotionally. That player said a more level, a more even emotional approach would have been preferred.

As ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe tweeted, “a few guys told me [they] felt alienated and held to a different standard if they weren’t one of ‘his guys’ like Ryan Tannehill and others.” That’s something we’ve also heard.

I know you like nothing more then to endlessly debate the same thing over and over but I don’t like Gase and I think it was a bad hire and until he proves me wrong nothing anyone says is going to change my mind. He’s sucked everywhere outside of when Manning was holding his hand. 

Pure utter fantasy

You don’t like him, didn’t want him.  That’s fine, you’re opinion.  

Doesnt mean you need to make shlt up

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I quoted Barry Jackson from the Miami Herald how is that making sh*t up and it was well known in South Florida that players didn’t like him. 

The only fantasy is fans blindly thinking every coach hired even if they have losing records and bad stats are going to miraculously turn the Jets around and win a SB. 50 years and counting. 

I’m realistic 

Last I checked we're not in Miami.

A couple of players like Landry who wanted to be the highest paid WR in the NFL.  Gase has said, they couldn't do,it.  Good thing they didn't, he hasn't come close to earning the deal he signed inCleveland.

A player trade away whines.  A player who led the team in touches whined that he wanted more.  Where's Ajayi? 

You should live down here, the press is brain dead.  They call is those stinking rotten Jets.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Stark said:

cool, well I guess when our offense starts to light it up and break JETS records it will be because Gase is an Offensive Guru.... As I said I hop he proves me wrong, I don't expect it. 

so when we get an upgraded O Line the genius will be evident, another season? ... we'll see. But based on what he showed the first 3 weeks I don't believe it and that is taking into consideration Trevor and Falk. At some point you need to call something that shows "unpredictability" and this genius we are awaiting. 

Anyone can call a run for Bell 3 times in a row when the defense knows that is coming. or the Screen pass to Bell in predictable spots. 

Yes, when Sam is back I expect better. I said in an earlier post that I am giving him benefit of doubt with this horrible injury luck to start the year. 

Cool, sarcasm wasnt needed in response to a football observation based opinion

We can use your answer to any deficiency by any team. 

Of course the OL, QB etc are needed to run even a basic offense.  But you go back to Bell and screens?  How are you supposed to run deep patterns when the QB, 3rd string QB has no time to let that pass develop?  Gases fault?  Simplistic

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

And Gase was proven right, wasn't he.  He called out the bad eggs and they showed their true colors. 

Gase wanted out of Miami, it was toxic down there.  He'll now get his chance to show that he made a good decision.

SAR I

They got rid of Gase, who last year had that shltty team, led by Osweiler, contending for a playoff spot with a few weeks left in the season.

Gase looks like Lombardi in Miami compared to today's Dolphins

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so the HC is responsible for everything except the OL. Got it

So you're saying poor OL talent and play is on a HC.

Got it, thanks.

• Upvote 1

Is this his Offense? 

You seriously don’t know the difference?

32 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Gase should get his time machine and go back 5 years to pick OL talent in the draft, I guess? 

That’s what I’m guessing. 

We bitch and moan, rightfully so, that Macc ignored the OL and it sucks.  Then blame Gase because he’s the HC and the OL sucks.  

Guess the QB is his fault too

24 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Or maybe Gase can time travel to one month ago and sign a competent kicker and not gift Belichick a free draft pick?

Gase signed our K who retired in the preseason?

Brilliant.  And has what exactly to do with running an offense, the game passing him by?

Or that he has no one at QB his fault too?  Why can’t he get Falk yo play like Brady? 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Gase signed Kalil and he’s been fantastic 

Only a troll types this.

37 minutes ago, Bugg said:

But problem is if he spent his time and effort giving a sh!t about the media or internet he'd do nothing else. We like this place, and it's fun even when the Jets are terrible. Nonetheless this is the toy department of life. Problems are a sick QB and what that has led to, a terrible OL and  bad WRs. There isn't much you can do when you cannot protect the QB. Was a question in the Pats postgame where Gase was asked why they don't throw deep,and he explained it's difficult to do when you cannot protect long enough to throw deep. Who ever our QB is is not getting 2 seconds. Beachum is getting bullrushed, and that simply cannot happen with aN NFL LT. 

Butttttt, but, the ego maniac is pointing fingers.  He should be more like Bowles and not blame the people that we all can see aren’t doing their jobs well enough. 

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

People will always blame the coach because it's an easy fix, and it allows the fantasy that we're just one strategist away from a competitive team.  Hard is bringing in a #1 and a #2 WR, probably 5 offensive linemen, and we don't even yet know if the QB is competent, and acknowledging that we're more than one offseason away from having to fix all of that.

Exactly.  Much easier to blame one person over a few OLmen, couple of WRs or DBs not getting it done.  

I would love to know which miracle HC could overcome this roster, a sick QB, etc and win against the teams on the schedule.  

You know what, if you think an offensive HC is not responsible for the scheme that the OL plays, more power to you. 

Here you are questioning me about my question. What the Hell is your problem. It wasn't  even a totally serious comment I made but yes, it is his O and his decision to install a zone blocking scheme on the OL which these players look totally lost in by evidence of all the free runners with OL standing around not blocking anyone, sometimes there are 2 OL not engaged while Miles Garrett  is making a beeline for the QB untouched. 

If you believe the HC IS responsible for everything.   It my beer was warm.....

If you think Gase I'd responsible for the schemes of the OL you're the one who's clueless.  Even more cluelessness.  It's not the schemes, it's that the players SUCK.  You want to continue to argue and proving to all that you don't know the game, carry on.

I made a comment, the team has issues, you want to pin it all on the HC, I get it.  So go back to zone blocking, blah,blah, blah.  A coach hires a OL coach who's philosophies he agrees with.  When the players suck, when the OL coach can't get them to play better than their talent you want to blame Gase.  Got it, makes total sense.

I guarantee you'll be back claiming I'm arguing or some other nonsense people say when someone knows the game better than they do.  Bye

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As a coach your job is to get the best out of the hand you are dealt.

Gase has not done that.

He is supposed to be an awesome sauce offensive coach, the offense stinks.  He needs to do a hell of a lot better because he has not great record of success in his recent back ground.

(Also as usual people that defended the hell out of every single gm move over the last 5 years now shift the blame to the departed gm for everything,)

As a fan you're supposed to be able to see things the way they really are, not just whine.  Name the coaches who would succeed with Falk right off the PS for two day.  

(Also as usual people that defended the hell out of every single gm move over the last 5 years now shift the blame to the departed gm for everything,). So the answer is take the blame off of the GM you complained about incessantly and pile it onto the new HC.  Just need to have someone in place to complain about? 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company