Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

WowOhWow

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No one disputes that we have poor talent on offense and it is no wonder with the lack of resources put into it over the years.

The issue is that in previous years we have had just as poor talent and guys like morton, gailey, bates showed a bit more than what we have seen.

Gase is an offensive coach, a highly touted offensive coach and the O looks worse than when we had jag or old ocs running the show.

Good point. I guess it doesn't bother me much, because when I look up and down the roster, i was sorta expecting this. In my mind the jets were a 6,7 max win team. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase might suck.  He really might be awful.

Can we see what our offense looks like after the bye please?  With Darnold back and the OL working hard for 10 straight days on gelling?  How about we reserve judgement until another 4 or 8 games?

Even before the injuries and illnesses, this was a new team with 40% of the players new to their roles under new coaches and new playbooks.  That's hard enough.  Add to it the best O and D players unexpectedly out for 2 games and a 3rd string QB and facing 3 of the best D's in the NFL, it's a disaster.

The bye should correct a lot of this.  Let's give the man, and the team, a chance.

SAR I

not to be the pessimist here but when it does not? I say this based on Gase and his past track record.  Unless they simplify the blocking (which they have not done yet) you wont see that improvement. Because I spend 10 day preparing for a test does not mean I will pass it.

This is the miracle of being a Jet fan, looking for something positive while ignoring the alarming signs and trends. I am not rushing to any judgment this is based on his 3 yrs in Miami plus his time with the Jets.

What is Amazing this is a new defensive scheme that has had injuries  to two starters and still shows up with an aggressive game plan and shows it plays with heart. Not seeing that from the offense at all

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If your Uber blows an engine you don't blame the driver for your inconvenience. 

The rash of injuries and illness that has beset the Jets is biblical, it's been 30 years since a HC has has to start 3 different QB's in the first 3 games of the season not to mention the other 6 missing starters.  Which leaves you two choices:

1.  Accept the bad luck, refrain from judgement, and wait for the roster to heal.

2.  Tell everyone "look at me I was right!" and lobby fans to rally against your brand new head coach.

It would be nice if you could be a #1 instead of a #2.

SAR I

but if your uber blows and engine and they get another car and try something different right? Gase is running the same plays and hoping they stick. he had this oline since the start of training camp and they still cant block in his scheme is the issue the players or the scheme they were 14 th last yr and now they have performed worse with upgrades at center and guard, hows doe that happen? doesn't the coach have to take the blame here, or at least try something different these were his guys he worked with them for the preseason and we get this.....

So you want us to accept loosing embrace the suckyness of bad coaching. No I will not accept any part of it. I ask for effort and guess what the Jets O has not giving anything that would remotely look like effort

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

So with all the writing what's your take on the original premise?  Is Gase's scheme passe by today's standards?  Has it passed him by?  I take it you believe not.

I'm not so sure.  Dude hasn't run a top offense in 4-5 years.

I can't answer the question until the whole offense is back and healthy in a few weeks.

Point is, neither can you.  So pipe down with your witch hunt.  Plenty of time for that in November if things break bad.  Put on a Jets jersey, pray for a speedy recovery for our 6 missing starters, and let's see what Coach Gase can do. 

SAR I

24 minutes ago, rammagen said:

not to be the pessimist here but when it does not? I say this based on Gase and his past track record.  Unless they simplify the blocking (which they have not done yet) you wont see that improvement. Because I spend 10 day preparing for a test does not mean I will pass it.

This is the miracle of being a Jet fan, looking for something positive while ignoring the alarming signs and trends. I am not rushing to any judgment this is based on his 3 yrs in Miami plus his time with the Jets.

What is Amazing this is a new defensive scheme that has had injuries  to two starters and still shows up with an aggressive game plan and shows it plays with heart. Not seeing that from the offense at all

My point is, if you are right, and you very well may be, there is plenty of time to bitch and whine and play the "I was right!" card.  Like the entire months of November, December, January, all the way up to next May.

So give us a break and chill right now.  There are no prizes for being right before everyone else.  And, FYI, calling a Jets season a fail and a new Jets head coach a fail is not exactly rocket science.  My 5 year old niece called it that way and she doesn't watch football.

SAR I

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The talent level on defense isn't nearly as bad as on offense.  Everyone on the defensive line is an actual NFL player.  The linebackers are generally NFL players, and the safeties are NFL players.  Agreed that CB is terrible.  Also, a defense can operate with weaknesses at any position.  If the QB is incompetent, there is no offense.

Or the Oline.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, rammagen said:

But his 3 years in Miami has nothing to do with his team now. Just like Bowles success in ARZ had nothing to do with how he would fare with the Jets even though we all hoped it would.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

There are no prizes for being right before everyone else.

SAR on Tuesday, re people who are negative about the Jets today: "When we come out of this they're not allowed to celebrate any victories."

Maybe there isn't a prize for being right first, but according to you, there is a punishment if you aren't.

image.png.5ea0a6e892ffa2c17f75abbb047600c4.png

10 hours ago, New York Mick said:

That still doesn’t excuse Gase doing the same sh*t over and over that isn’t working. 

actually, it does.

what "different sh!t" would you suggest when they can't even do the "same sh!t" right? Any different stuff would need the OL to block it.

I have to believe that they will get better. This isn't rocket science: either they can block or they can't. So far, they can't.

But anyway, it's a bye week. So I'm going to de-stress and just enjoy the suck...

Peace to all Jets fans!!

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

actually, it does.

what "different sh!t" would you suggest when they can't even do the "same sh!t" right? Any different stuff would need the OL to block it.

I have to believe that they will get better. This isn't rocket science: either they can block or they can't. So far, they can't.

But anyway, it's a bye week. So I'm going to de-stress and just enjoy the suck...

Peace to all Jets fans!!

I’ve been over this 50 times read the board. 

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

My point is, if you are right, and you very well may be, there is plenty of time to bitch and whine and play the "I was right!" card.  Like the entire months of November, December, January, all the way up to next May.

So give us a break and chill right now.  There are no prizes for being right before everyone else.  And, FYI, calling a Jets season a fail and a new Jets head coach a fail is not exactly rocket science.  My 5 year old niece called it that way and she doesn't watch football.

SAR I

hang out with your niece this is not about crowing and being right  this is about the state of of the team and watching it fall apart while people sit back and support this

22 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

But his 3 years in Miami has nothing to do with his team now. Just like Bowles success in ARZ had nothing to do with how he would fare with the Jets even though we all hoped it would.

it has everything to do with what is happening now. He was hired on the basis of change and being good for the qb but what has he done to be innovative or to try to do something anything to change the current status

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rammagen said:

it has everything to do with what is happening now. He was hired on the basis of change and being good for the qb but what has he done to be innovative or to try to do something anything to change the current status

And we have no way of knowing if he is good for the QB yet. The QB played all of one game while being sick with an illness. Did you expect him to turn Trevor Siemian into Steve Young and Luke Falk into Joe Montana in one week.

Think about the Oline who barely practiced together to start the season having to play 3 games with 3 different QB's - that's a difficult task even for a seasoned Oline who've been together forever. 

I get it, everyone's expectations were sky high with finally having an Offensive HC - let's give him a fair shot to show us what he has before abandoning all hope like many here have already done.