Sign in to follow this  
roscoeword

Josh Allen

Josh Allen is probably better than most Jets Fans would admit.

But he has along way to go yet to be a "very good NFL QB".

Also, it appears I was 100% wrong on Lamar Jackson.  Well, maybe not 100%, he IS still very much a running QB in a league that punishes those guys badly over time, and he clearly still needs work on his passing game, but by gosh, he certainly has been solid so far showing a ton of upside.  Big miss on my part on him.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

It seems like we haven't talked about him for a while, compared to Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen... but what Ive seen from him on those youtube highlights (about 11 minutes of the game shown), and I know it's misleading that I don't see the whole game, but he is incredibly dynamic. He has a cannon arm (I know, not accurate, but it is on youtube highlights), and his ability to make yards with his feet is incredible. The guy is exciting as hell to watch. Buffalo is 3-0, I would think he has something to do with it. Is he the best of the bunch, after all? He is definitely the guy you want when your OL stinks, because he super mobile.

Because he can see over the OL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Because he can see over the OL.

Love the new Avatar man.  RIP Hunter.

• Upvote 4

The jury is still out on all these guys.  Lamar is killing it now but started slow last year.  Mayfield looked elite and has been bad this season.  Allen looks like he's on a good trajectory, making steady improvement.  Darnold gets an incomplete for now but I think he's on the same path as Allen if you look at their progression last year and how things were lining up this season.  Josh Rosen seems like a potential lost cause and is in a really bad situation.  I think he'll wash out of the league eventually unless he gets a real, steady opportunity with a single coach over 2 years rather than being moved from place to place and system to system.

• Upvote 1

He's a very good athlete for the position, and has a cannon arm yes. His accuracy is terrible to the point of Fitztragic interception ratio.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

It seems like we haven't talked about him for a while, compared to Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen... but what Ive seen from him on those youtube highlights (about 11 minutes of the game shown), and I know it's misleading that I don't see the whole game, but he is incredibly dynamic. He has a cannon arm (I know, not accurate, but it is on youtube highlights), and his ability to make yards with his feet is incredible. The guy is exciting as hell to watch. Buffalo is 3-0, I would think he has something to do with it. Is he the best of the bunch, after all? He is definitely the guy you want when your OL stinks, because he super mobile.

Buffalo offensive coordinator uses Josh Allen to perfection. The well timed runs with him are almost impossible to stop. Their offensive coordinator is doing a real good job with him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The guy that had 4 turnovers against us?(should have been 6)

Amazing how people forget that!!!  When Mosley was on the field he was totally inept

• Upvote 3

The Bills are 3-0 against opponents who are a combined 1-8

If the Bills were 1-2 and folks saw the games they would suddenly be able to better see that Josh Allen is not just "the highlights" in his highlight films. 

The Bills defense is amongst the best in the league. They're legit. 

We've not even made it a month. lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KRL said:

Amazing how people forget that!!!  When Mosley was on the field he was totally inept

0 points until two of our more important defensive player and the QB of the D went out isn't good?

A game we would have won with even a mediocre K? And by even a wider margin if Darnold were healthy? 

• Upvote 2

Allen looks like he will be a good dynamic QB prone to turning the ball over and inaccurate on intermediate/deep throws. Sort of like a Cam Newton-type, but if they don't fix the turnovers and inaccuracy issues he won't be elite. Still alot better than where they have been since Jim Kelly

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh Allen the edge rusher would have been a way better pick than QW. 

The Williams twins are both invisible.

I hated the pick, he looks like a fat kid, I would say he plays soft, but no ones seen him play..

Edge rushes are really only second to Quarterbacks in importance.

Mean while fat Dlinemen are only behind Safeties in lack of importance 😁 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

allen reminds me of elllway.  elllway was a guy who had a great arm but also used his legs and size quite a bit to win games.  he also wasn't that accurate of a passer.  only when he got a running game did he win a couple superbowls.  as for darnold, he's a more traditional qb who can make all the throws and prefers to stay in the pocket.  but darnold also has some mobility.  he's just not big enough to shed tacklers like allen.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I hated the pick, he looks like a fat kid, I would say he plays soft, but no ones seen him play..

LOL do you read the Bleacher Report site?  QW is featured doing memes. 

I could not copy and paste included a video. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL do you read the Bleacher Report site?  QW is featured doing memes. 

I could not copy and paste included a video. 

No but I will have look.

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

No but I will have look.

My first reaction was the slug can't play football but he's doing this, don't know when this is from. 

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

His inaccuracy also coupled with his penchant for turnovers has been hidden by the fact that the Bills D is extremely solid and probably underrated. I would venture to day without the splashy pass rushing of the Bears I would say the D of the Bills is just as good as Chicago. Ans as we know as Jet fans an awesome D can cover up a lot of QB issues/weaknesses like it did with Sanchez.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My first reaction was the slug can't play football but he's doing this, don't know when this is from. 

Quemes

BDB86957-F46E-4055-9040-94614DA46B3F.png

Do we need to do this again.  We have a thread about young qbs.  Lets not do the allen vs darnold again.  Getting repetitive and boring.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

He's a very good athlete for the position, and has a cannon arm yes. His accuracy is terrible to the point of Fitztragic interception ratio.

I don't think Allen will be very good, but he's over 64% so not sure that statement is...accurate

Seems more like bad decisions than an accuracy issue

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

The guy that had 4 turnovers against us?(should have been 6)

Yeah that’s the guy. Josh Allen,the QB with the 4 first half turnovers.

Darnold is the one who could only convert those 4 turnovers into 8 points. Meanwhile, the guy you’re ripping on led the comeback from 16-0 down and got the win.

We won’t even talk about what happened when the Jets got the ball with 3 minutes to go needing only a FG. That doesn’t fit your narrative, does it?

Meanwhile Allen and the Bills are 3-0, the Jets are 0-3. Darnold's out with mono, and you’re scrambling around from thread to thread ripping apart Mayfield, Allen, and any other QB someone mentions. Does that really make you happy?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do we need to do this again.  We have a thread about young qbs.  Lets not do the allen vs darnold again.  Getting repetitive and boring.

At this point it isn’t a competition. We will be on year three of Sam’s Rookie contract next year. We have no idea what we have yet. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah that’s the guy. Josh Allen,the QB with the 4 first half turnovers.

Darnold is the one who could only convert those 4 turnovers into 8 points. Meanwhile, the guy you’re ripping on led the comeback from 16-0 down and got the win.

We won’t even talk about what happened when the Jets got the ball with 3 minutes to go needing only a FG. That doesn’t fit your narrative, does it?

Meanwhile Allen and the Bills are 3-0, the Jets are 0-3. Darnold's out with mono, and you’re scrambling around from thread to thread ripping apart Mayfield, Allen, and any other QB someone mentions. Does that really make you happy?

I mean Mayfield has not looked good

Playing with that OL and that Defense Darnold would look like Mahomes.   With that said Allen has talent, and is dynamic but his throwing still needs to be improved.  His ability to read the defense is not good right now.  But the kid has upside.  I'd still take Darnold over him.  Hopefully we can get an OL and a defense like that for Sam.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

To be fair Allen is playing good football and Sam is faking a communicable disease. So not much to compare. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I mean Mayfield has not looked good

Agreed. I said the same thing in the Mayfield thread. Leaving the pocket even when he doesn’t have to, and throwing while drifting back away from his receiver on a lot of plays.

I’m curious how this season will play out for him, Kitchens and the Browns...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Other than erratic accuracy, he is very good? Gotcha. LOL

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

LMAO, QW looks like that kid in the Nutty Professor who puts his mouth under the ice cream faucet at the buffet.