Sign in to follow this  
roscoeword

Josh Allen

Only the Jets could mess this up. We could have had two Josh Allen's. We could both of them play Edge Rushes and sac the QB. haha.

• Upvote 1

Allen is 8-6 in games started and finished included 5-1 since week 15 of last year only loss to the PATS. Has never lost to the same team 2 twice after playing them the 1st time in his career which will get extended on Sunday.

Josh has a 23-15 total TD vs interception Ratio. Allen was considered a project coming out of college and now has team preparing to go head to head with the Pats for the division lead this Sunday. 

Meanwhile Darnold is 4-10 in his career and has a 19-15 total td vs interception ratio. The guy has done nothing note worthy or special since he has come into the league. 

Allen on other hand makes splash plays every week and wins games and gets better on every outing. It’s funny because you said he hasn’t played anybody but  the Jets fans can’t wait to get to the point in your schedule so you can play the same “he hasn’t beat anyone teams”

Funny thing is once you get to those teams Darnold is not going to be able to beat them.(Cinn, Giants) 

I invite you all to watch a REAL TEAM play the PATS this Sunday in which a QB that can DOT you up, Run by you, Run over you or just make you look stupid who has not even began to reach his greatness yet. This Josh Allen hate needs to stop now.

BTW please tell me how Darnold is so much better than Allen please explain. I really want to hear it. I can see Allen making the top 100 next year with defenders gushing about how hard he is to defend.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Mastenpark said:

Allen is 8-6 in games started a

w/ a top 2 D...  does advanced menber= big __ck??

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Allen is 8-6 in games started and finished included 5-1 since week 15 of last year only loss to the PATS. Has never lost to the same team 2 twice after playing them the 1st time in his career which will get extended on Sunday.

Josh has a 23-15 total TD vs interception Ratio. Allen was considered a project coming out of college and now has team preparing to go head to head with the Pats for the division lead this Sunday. 

Meanwhile Darnold is 4-10 in his career and has a 19-15 total td vs interception ratio. The guy has done nothing note worthy or special since he has come into the league. 

Allen on other hand makes splash plays every week and wins games and gets better on every outing. It’s funny because you said he hasn’t played anybody but  the Jets fans can’t wait to get to the point in your schedule so you can play the same “he hasn’t beat anyone teams”

Funny thing is once you get to those teams Darnold is not going to be able to beat them.(Cinn, Giants) 

I invite you all to watch a REAL TEAM play the PATS this Sunday in which a QB that can DOT you up, Run by you, Run over you or just make you look stupid who has not even began to reach his greatness yet. This Josh Allen hate needs to stop now.

BTW please tell me how Darnold is so much better than Allen please explain. I really want to hear it. I can see Allen making the top 100 next year with defenders gushing about how hard he is to defend.

Josh Allen is Vince Young.  They're literally the exact same player. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

w/ a top 2 D...  does advanced menber= big __ck??

Allen cant help that the Bills finally got a GM/Coach in place to put him in the best situation possible. All I hear from Jets fans are excuses. All I heard in the off-season was how Greg Williams was going turn the Jets into a top 5 defense blah blah blah. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah and Darnold is Chad Pennington. Ok got it

• Haha 1

I’m still waiting for a REAL QB breakdown on how Darnold is so much better than Allen. I know this is going to take a while

• Upvote 1

Jets and Bills, hey why not throw the fins in as well.  Bickering laughably at each other as the pats own the div for the 20th year in a row.  Until any of these teams get their act together in more areas than Qb it simply doesn't matter who is better today or tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

Lamar Jackson can’t throw the ball and is always one hit away. Please look at the defenses he has played this season.

Josh Allen is a walking turnover machine until he proves otherwise. He is good for at least another two this Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Butt Fumble 1

12 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Allen cant help that the Bills finally got a GM/Coach in place to put him in the best situation possible. All I hear from Jets fans are excuses. All I heard in the off-season was how Greg Williams was going turn the Jets into a top 5 defense blah blah blah. 

hey, i never said no nuth bout the Jets D cos its sucked for years...

Allen has been POSITIVE for the Bills, no doubt. Especially 11 TDs running. 

I got no dog in the race as fer JA. If yer a Bills fan you feel nice. cool. 

• Upvote 1

I know that most people only watch highlights of Allen or only see the boom or bust plays. I going to do the forum a favor and put you on to a site that covers the Bills but really goes into in-depth breakdown of Allen almost every weak from a X’s and O’s stand point. It gives you the good, bad, and ugly with Allen. Maybe after watching a breakdown example maybe some of you will have a better understanding of the player. 

Here is a breakdown of last weeks game vs the Bengals.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Lamar Jackson can’t throw the ball and is always one hit away. Please look at the defenses he has played this season.

Josh Allen is a walking turnover machine until he proves otherwise. He is good for at least another two this Sunday

He he will be good for some plays that will allow them to be competitive and maybe win the game. Welcome to the Josh Allen experience.  

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Agreed. I said the same thing in the Mayfield thread. Leaving the pocket even when he doesn’t have to, and throwing while drifting back away from his receiver on a lot of plays.

I’m curious how this season will play out for him, Kitchens and the Browns...

Traded for odell and rarely target him

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do we need to do this again.  We have a thread about young qbs.  Lets not do the allen vs darnold again.  Getting repetitive and boring.

You could have just not looked at it yet you chose to commented in it. Hmmmm :-k

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Seriously ? Get a dictionary. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

We're always putting down mobile QBs here. "they're a hit away", "can't count on 'em", "aren't accurate", "turnover machines" etc.

Guess who is actually playing and winning games? And who isn't?

Or who threw the most ints last year (despite missing a month with an injury)?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

We putting down mobile QBs just as much as you’ve been putting down Darnold

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Seriously ? Get a dictionary. lol

Get a dictionary for a Jets forum. OK English professor 

4 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Get a dictionary for a Jets forum. OK English professor 

He wasn't quoting you..

3 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

This post is doing the unthinkable. It's actually making me look forward to a Patriots win on Sunday.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

The depressing part is Allen continues to get reps and improve while Darnold is playing spin the bottle with groupies and getting mouth herpes

Take a chill pill. Darnold will be back next week. And with the way the OL is playing, I'm kind of glad he wasn't out there running for his life.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

3 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

I’m still waiting for a REAL QB breakdown on how Darnold is so much better than Allen. I know this is going to take a while

He's far more accurate.  End of discussion.  

6 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Darnold will be better than all of them.  Let's revisit this at the end of the season.  People get crazy over a few games!  Daniel Jones is now Johnny Unitas!  Cmon man.  

Sure......     Darnold is a hall.of famer.... relax everyone

The ex-Panthers staff at the Bills were very excited to be able to draft Josh Allen, who I think is similar to Cam Newton is some ways.

Cam Newton took the Panthers to the Super Bowl, when the wind was right. 

Maybe Josh Allen can do the same.

The majority view is that he gets hurt running and/or he is not accurate enough against real defenses.   We will see how it goes.  I think based on the end of last year Darnold was heading in a better direction.  As of today, Allen is.  At this point it may be October 2020 before the conversation can be had again meaningfully.  Both QBs seem like nice guys, although perhaps “bros,” and worse things can happen than them both being successful. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jetsyrup said:

He wasn't quoting you..

At least someone is paying attention. I thank you !

7 hours ago, KRL said:

Amazing how people forget that!!!  When Mosley was on the field he was totally inept

12 plays of 8+ yards and 3 plays of 25+ yards against Mosley in the first half, 3 of the turnovers were flukes (deflection off Beasley, deflection at the line, center botching the snap) and the 4th was just a strip sack on the LT getting blown up.  Box scores don't tell the story.  Amazing how people forget that!!!

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

New O-line, new receivers, new TEs, Allen suddenly up to 64% completion.  End of discussion. 

4 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

You wanna get this or me? @Mogglez I feel like you’re better suited to articulate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

New O-line, new receivers, new TEs, Allen suddenly up to 64% completion.  End of discussion. 

Why are all you bills fans suddenly signing up for our forum? It’s midnight. go to sleep.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Is he really that more accurate tho? Both have started 14 games.

Allen completion%: 55.6

Darnold completion%: 58.7 

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

12 plays of 8+ yards and 3 plays of 25+ yards against Mosley in the first half, 3 of the turnovers were flukes (deflection off Beasley, deflection at the line, center botching the snap) and the 4th was just a strip sack on the LT getting blown up.  Box scores don't tell the story.  Amazing how people forget that!!!

You can call the turnovers whatever you want, but they still happened. And that has been a problem for Allen since last year.  3 TDS and 3 ints on the season thus far. 2 rushing TDS and 4 fumbles. He gives the ball away too much. He has to cut that down if you want any shot at beating the pats.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The numbers dont say that. Next!

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You wanna get this or me? @Mogglez I feel like you’re better suited to articulate.

I've already banged my head into a wall over this troll.  You take a shot at it.

4 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

The numbers dont say that. Next!

They, quite literally, still say that.

26 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

He checked it down against us, minus the TD that was a horrible pass played even worse by a horrible corner.

He tore up the Giants awful secondary.  Credit where it's due.

He checked it down against the Bengals. 

To his credit, that gets your comp % but teams will figure that out soon and he will have to adjust.