Sign in to follow this  
roscoeword

Josh Allen

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Going by this thread it was a dirty hit. Did he get flagged or kicked out of the game? 

He did get flagged.

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If it was done to Brady would of something more happened?

Woulda been shot on the spot.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"Will happen"

Again with this Collinsworth-level apologizing shiz.

Go to a local high school game and stand on the sideline next weekend and multiply the speed by 1000x. You're not legislating out helmet to helmet hits unless the helmet is eliminated.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Bills defense just held Tom Brady to 46% passing with zero TDs and a pick and the Patriots defense made Josh Allen look like the giant lumbering racist backwoods goober-ass bust he is but yeah Gase should have lit those teams up with Syphillitic Sam Darnold and Street Trash Luke Falk. 

“ STD” Sammy D!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

If lowering your head to make a tackle is now a problem then helmets should be eliminated. That was a regular tackle on a player running. What are we doing

Lowering the crown of your helmet was only ok back when it was perfectly acceptable to give you're opponent early onset dementia.  It's been illegal for a very long time now.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

Lowering the crown of your helmet was only ok back when it was perfectly acceptable to give you're opponent early onset dementia.  It's been illegal for a very long time now.

Allen lowered his head and was a runner. Again, eliminate helmets then. You're never getting rid of those types of collisions especially on a scramble play. 

Go to a local high school game and stand on the sideline next weekend and multiply the speed by 1000x. You're not legislating out helmet to helmet hits unless the helmet is eliminated.

Week after week plenty of players seem capable enough of adjusting.

Patsie players don't often get the benefit of the doubt, in my book.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Allen lowered his head and was a runner. Again, eliminate helmets then. You're never getting rid of those types of collisions especially on a scramble play. 

All the defender had to do is not lower his helmet.  Allen was already going down from another defender.  The hit was ALSO late.  It was dirty, late, and completeoy unnecessary.  It wasn't a bang bang play where he had no choice but to hit Allen.  He had ample time to pull up.

Also, Allen never lowered his head.  I just rewatched the play.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It will be interesting for the jets to face 10 juggernaut top notch defenses this year so we can pat our offensive guru on the ass for failing against.

Philly is ranked 22nd in D so I would fully expect 30 plus [points next week especially since we have the bye.

If they don’t get 40 we fire Gase on the spot and hand a blank check to Dabo

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

All the defender had to do is not lower his helmet.  

Bro. NFL speed. Scramble play. Easier said than done. He was penalized. Sucks he got hurt but if you're going to make yourself a runner bad collisions will happen. If we want to have a convo about eliminating helmets then I'm willing to listen.

47 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You being apologetic of Gase has been the most unexpected development of the season. And, yes, that includes Sam's inexplicable case of Spleen-Herpes.

I’m an objective chronicler of Jets football sir 

• Haha 1

Bro. NFL speed. Scramble play. Easier said than done. He was penalized. Sucks he got hurt but if you're going to make yourself a runner bad collisions will happen. If we want to have a convo about eliminating helmets then I'm willing to listen.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one homie.  I definitely felt like it was a cheap shot.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So, it's either eliminate helmets or don't enforce rules that protect players?

Ok

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

So, it's either eliminate helmets or don't enforce rules that protect players?

Ok

There is a helmet to helmet collision between the offensive and defensive lineman due to lowering the crown on every single snap. You cant entirely legislate these hits out considering the speed unless you get rid of helmets. It's a dangerous sport.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:13 PM, Mastenpark said:

Allen is 8-6 in games started and finished included 5-1 since week 15 of last year only loss to the PATS. Has never lost to the same team 2 twice after playing them the 1st time in his career which will get extended on Sunday.

Josh has a 23-15 total TD vs interception Ratio. Allen was considered a project coming out of college and now has team preparing to go head to head with the Pats for the division lead this Sunday. 

Meanwhile Darnold is 4-10 in his career and has a 19-15 total td vs interception ratio. The guy has done nothing note worthy or special since he has come into the league. 

Allen on other hand makes splash plays every week and wins games and gets better on every outing. It’s funny because you said he hasn’t played anybody but  the Jets fans can’t wait to get to the point in your schedule so you can play the same “he hasn’t beat anyone teams”

Funny thing is once you get to those teams Darnold is not going to be able to beat them.(Cinn, Giants) 

I invite you all to watch a REAL TEAM play the PATS this Sunday in which a QB that can DOT you up, Run by you, Run over you or just make you look stupid who has not even began to reach his greatness yet. This Josh Allen hate needs to stop now.

BTW please tell me how Darnold is so much better than Allen please explain. I really want to hear it. I can see Allen making the top 100 next year with defenders gushing about how hard he is to defend.

He’s better than Allen because he is.

Allen sucked today.  

He sucked against the Jets on opening day.  Darnold outplayed him playing with mono, having all the symptoms to deal with.

Three turnovers today like the three had against the Jets in the opener.  

He's inaccurate and apparently not as smart most in that draft class, struggles reading Ds, makes stupid mistakes.  

That’s how he’s worse than Darnold.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m an objective chronicler of Jets football sir 

I know that believing the exact opposite of whatever Pac does may seem like the most objective and right thing to believe, like, 10 times out of 10, but other than being instrumental in canning Macc, Gase hasn't really done much in his career to inspire confidence in his abilities.

But there's a lot of excuses that have followed him.

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There is a helmet to helmet collision between the offensive and defensive lineman due to lowering the crown on every single snap. You cant entirely legislate these hits out considering the speed unless you get rid of helmets. It's a dangerous sport.

That's a fair observation, but it doesn't excuse what clearly looked like a dirty hit to me.

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Here's the hit on Allen if anyone else is interested in discussing it.

I’d file that under “unfortunate”

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I know that believing the exact opposite of whatever Pac does may seem like the most objective and right thing to believe, like, 10 times out of 10, but other than being instrumental in canning Macc, Gase hasn't really done much in his career to inspire confidence in his abilities.

But there's a lot of excuses that have followed him.

The Dolphins have the worst roster in football and the Jets have the second worst roster in football. We know for a fact that he’s not responsible for the Jets roster and we know that Mike Tannenbaum and Brian Gaine were the personnel department in Miami and Tannenbaum is among the worst GMs in the history of the sport.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins have the worst roster in football and the Jets have the second worst roster in football. We know for a fact that he’s not responsible for the Jets roster and we know that Mike Tannenbaum and Brian Gaine were the personnel department in Miami and Tannenbaum is among the worst GMs in the history of the sport.

Believe me, I so want this to be the case.

But, call me pessimistic.

47 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If lowering your head to make a tackle is now a problem then helmets should be eliminated. That was a regular tackle on a player running. What are we doing

Can’t hit in the head with a helmet.   Pretty simple. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Can’t hit in the head with a helmet.   Pretty simple. 

it only happens on every snap.

it only happens on every snap.

Hits on wr and qb.  It’s the rule.   

The plays on the line don’t have as much momentum as these types of hits. 

Rule is rule and very clear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Here's the hit on Allen if anyone else is interested in discussing it.

Nothing dirty about it. He was flagged which he should have  been but i dont see it as a dirty hit

Convenient that a pat happens to head to head collide with the opposing quarterback and knock him out of the game just at the time in the 4th quarter that momentum has totally swung against the cheatriots

Agree though ... very low on their list of transgressions

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Nothing dirty about it. He was flagged which he should have  been but i dont see it as a dirty hit

Lowered.

The crown.

Of the helmet.

On a guy he didn't have to hit.

That was a cheap shot to give Allen a little something extra and, to no ones surprise, it took him out of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It was deliberate as hell. He had the chance and he took it to take out the QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

It was deliberate as hell. He had the chance and he took it to take out the QB. 

190lb DB against a 250lb runner at full speed in a bang bang moment. Finger wagging this stuff when you consider the speed of the game is armchair QB'ing at its finest. The hit by the Bucs olineman on Peters, which wasnt flagged was actually dirty. That's the definition of head hunting a defenseless player.

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lowered.

The crown.

Of the helmet.

On a guy he didn't have to hit.

That was a cheap shot to give Allen a little something extra and, to no ones surprise, it took him out of the game.

Lmao ok 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Allan was being held up from behind and was going down. That hit was totally unnecessary and dirty as hell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

190lb DB against a 250lb runner at full speed in a bang bang moment. Finger wagging this stuff when you consider the speed of the game is armchair QB'ing at its finest. The hit by the Bucs olineman on Peters, which wasnt flagged was actually dirty. That's the definition of head hunting a defenseless player.

That's idiotic. Allen was in the grasp of a defender being brought down when Jones showed up and lowered his helmet and drove into Allen's helmet. I watched it in real time and Jones simply lowered his head and dived at him. So your comment is ridiculous.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Come on, Jones lined him up and lead with his helmet to his head. 

• Like 1